Cold As Ice working on Optimus V!

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
On the optimus s cold as ice thread! I just flashed it all together the rom. 10g and vmfix a10,and I got to say WOW this cool, even recording video works
Thanks TK!!
Edit MMS does WORK! Sweet

Reactions: Octahedron

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
On the optimus s cold as ice thread! I just flashed it all together the rom. 10g and vmfix a10,and I got to say WOW this cool, even recording video works
Thanks TK!!

Yeah, got a10g and the fix all booted up with amphetamines and reloadedICS all flashed. Smooth as butter.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Badboytoast

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying out the Quatrimus builds for my OV (old OV with bad mic) and the force closes were a problem even with no OC. Market was a problem but it could also force close sitting at idle. I had been sticking with IHO for my daily (new OV).

I tried CAI and I have not had a single force close. I haven't really tried GPS but so far this seems very stable. I went ahead and loaded CAI on my main OV for daily use.

EDIT - 3G was working but now it will not come back on. I confirmed it was selected ON. Tried airplane mode, on and off a couple of times. Restarts didn't help either. I guess I will try a reflash .....

Yes, reflash and make sure everything is transferred correctly. Verify the data if you can before flashing again.

gwz85

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Just to let you know that this ROM has the issue with the bluetooth address found on other ROMs and was fixed by mrg

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks TK!!

I was looking looking at the open and all I see is a9 for cai can't seem to find the a10 version sooo where can I get it and do I need to follow the download instructions in the open with all the downloads that need to be done.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Freedomrock

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Re-flash seemed to cure the 3g problems. I am surprised at how stable this is compared to Quatrimus (sic?) ICS. I don't think my wife is ready to upgrade from IHO but for me this is now my daily. I have had zero force closes in almost 24 hours. MMS doesn't seem to work. I will check the thread but I thought i saw that MMS was working for some.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re-flash seemed to cure the 3g problems. I am surprised at how stable this is compared to Quatrimus (sic?) ICS. I don't think my wife is ready to upgrade from IHO but for me this is now my daily. I have had zero force closes in almost 24 hours. MMS doesn't seem to work. I will check the thread but I thought i saw that MMS was working for some.

It should work if you flashed the 10G version. If it doesn't, it could possibly be that you have lower service. I've noticed that here in my town, at my house, I cannot get mms. I sent a picture from my email to my phone and all I got was the subject. However, when I went more east, where there's more coverage, I got pictures no problem. Also, you could try the Go SMS fix. Go into Go sms, settings>advanced>MMS Settings>check fill apn config manually. MMSC=http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?
MMS proxy=205.239.233.136
MMS port=81

Hope you get it working.

electric1

May 17, 2011
Visit site
does bluetooth work for calls on CAI? apparently it does not work on Quattrimus and I need my BT headset to make calls...sorry if this was already answered, I can't find it...

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I checked the Cold As Ice forum thread by TheKraven, and he said it isn't working yet. He said that that, and hq youtube is not working and voice search. youtube and voice search are both easily fixed, but I don't know about the bluetooth audio for calls.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm running cai alpha10g and Im not having any of these problems

sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2

when you go to youtube on the browser, it loads videos right away? And your voice search didn't require an uninstall and installation from the play store? I haven't had that clock lag in a few days, so I think after reflashing it a few times fixes that.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
@Andrew, YouTube worked better for me on CAI than on gb and I have a slow connection. I can't say anything about voice search tho.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
@Andrew, YouTube worked better for me on CAI than on gb and I have a slow connection. I can't say anything about voice search tho.

Really? I wonder why. Everytime I try watching YouTube in my browser, it freezes the phone and I have to pull battery. But the YouTube app works perfectly for me, so I still get it :)

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Make sure to thank him on page 15! This Is really nice no reboot yet 4 days! And barnacle wifi seems to be working will be doing more testing!
Not asking for an update , but if anyone finds out please post it here and let us know!
Thanks !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21