08-16-2012 02:49 AM
549 12345 ...
tools
    And this is an unbuttered up assessment of trying out such roms that the common everyday user feels. Granted that I TOTALLY see the development value in this rom, however, I think non devs who simply don't have time and need a working, stable phone with a pretty face would best use harmonia / CM7 with QQlauncher. I'm simply thankful that ICS is currently in development and absolutely support information such as this. However, I think beyond the novelty many user simply will prefer stable OV roms.
    oh definitely. im very much appreciative of the optimus s team that put this together and also tdm for his efforts with his variant. ics will happen on the ov because of their efforts and the efforts of those who try it out,debugging,etc. i in no way take from their contribution. it was fun to try. (edit meaning more or less its on me for trying them out when the devs plainly tell you it's NOT READY BRO!! but you can try it out if ya want lol or...its NOT MADE FOR YOUR PHONE BRO!! so you've been warned... lol
    04-27-2012 10:39 AM
    Have you forgotten that cm7 was buggy and a novelty only a few months ago?
    Exactly, and now I don't wanna go back to Froyo. IHO is up to that level of daily driver use and almost no bugs (or at least no serious bugs)

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk
    04-27-2012 11:44 AM
    Pretty stable here, installed with xionia and the latest test kernel.

from cold as ice cm9
    04-27-2012 11:55 AM
    I think a lot of people forget the difference between official "stable" builds and unofficial ports that will have problems. This build reminds me of the early aospcm7 that you had to flash several zips to get it working properly.
    04-27-2012 12:05 PM
    so I've noticed that this ROM doesn't have 1/2 the customization that Quattrimus did. The only reason I wanted to use this as opposed to Quattrimus is the 3G seems to be much more stable in this one. I can't wait for alpha 9 for Quattrimus to come out. I guess the reason for this post though is to ask this. Would we be able to move over some files from Quattrimus into this one to enable:
    • Status Bar Transparency & Effects (like center clock)
    • Lock Screen Options
    • All the other stuff that's in alpha 8 that's not in here.

I feel like this might just be an issue of moving over some system apks or something? Devs, what do you guys think?
    04-27-2012 12:56 PM
    so I've noticed that this ROM doesn't have 1/2 the customization that Quattrimus did. The only reason I wanted to use this as opposed to Quattrimus is the 3G seems to be much more stable in this one. I can't wait for alpha 9 for Quattrimus to come out. I guess the reason for this post though is to ask this. Would we be able to move over some files from Quattrimus into this one to enable:
    • Lock Screen Options

I feel like this might just be an issue of moving over some system apks or something? Devs, what do you guys think?
    flash cm9 reloaded and you'll have more customization than you could imagine.
    04-27-2012 01:13 PM
    • Lock Screen Options

Its CM9, not AOKP. Pleasee.... just read.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-27-2012 02:05 PM
    flash cm9 reloaded and you'll have more customization than you could imagine.
    I have seen anything regarding cm9 reloaded for Optimus S...

***EDIT***
    Found it....
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1531222

***Edit 2***
    Updated OP with link to Reloaded ICS Post
    04-27-2012 02:08 PM
    so what about customizing the lock screen? Anybody figure out how to customize the lockscreen apps?
    04-27-2012 03:06 PM
    This is pure CM9, not AOKP.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-27-2012 03:17 PM
    Trying this out against my better judgment, lol. I have the ZV9 baseband, so I'll report back on any potential texting lags / reboots soon.

edit -- Omg, that bootscreen. <3
    04-27-2012 03:25 PM
    Any word on MMS? I read the whole thread, some are saying to install GoSMS (which I do anyway), and it still doesn't seem to work.
    04-27-2012 03:53 PM
    Go SMS doesn't affect MMS, it's just another Messaging app.
    04-27-2012 04:05 PM
    I didn't think it would do anything, but...wait a second...just sent and recieved MMS successfully as I was typing this.

In GoSMS, go to Settings > MMS settings, check Fill APN configuration manually, set MMSC to http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms? MMS PROXY = 205.239.233.136 and MMS PORT to 81

edit -- I'm sure there is some system file this can be changed in to make MMS work with the native messaging app, but I thought someone in this thread said there was a problem with the stock app. I don't know anything, clearly, but hopefully it helps for somebody.
    04-27-2012 04:10 PM
    I didn't think it would do anything, but...wait a second...just sent and recieved MMS successfully as I was typing this.

In GoSMS, go to Settings > MMS settings, check Fill APN configuration manually, set MMSC to http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms? MMS PROXY = 205.239.233.136 and MMS PORT to 81

edit -- I'm sure there is some system file this can be changed in to make MMS work with the native messaging app, but I thought someone in this thread said there was a problem with the stock app. I don't know anything, clearly, but hopefully it helps for somebody.
    Interesting. Would this work with any of the ICS roms? MMS is the only thing holding me back now that 3G is fixed.
    04-27-2012 04:37 PM
    No idea, I'll post in the Quattrimus thread and see if someone will try it.
    04-27-2012 04:41 PM
    Changing the APN settings, are you sure that will even help....?

If you think about it, without one file, it's broken. Maybe it's missing a file, although this rom IS for Sprint.
    04-27-2012 04:46 PM
    Changing the APN settings, are you sure that will even help....?

If you think about it, without one file, it's broken. Maybe it's missing a file, although this rom IS for Sprint.
    All I know is that it was appearing to send MMS but not actually working, then I did this, and it worked.
    glarepate likes this.
    04-27-2012 04:52 PM
    one thing i've noticed is that when charging my phone, it sometimes hits a deep sleep mode and I can't wake it up, forcing me to pull the battery and turn on again.

Anyone else experience this?
    04-27-2012 04:53 PM
    All I know is that it was appearing to send MMS but not actually working, then I did this, and it worked.
    Receive? Or send?
    04-27-2012 04:55 PM
    Changing the apn settings has been a workaround for quattrimus since alpha 6. Yes there is a file you can hardcode the changes into. It only work now with the 3g fix in place.

*edited to sound less snooty. Didn't mean it in that way.
    04-27-2012 04:55 PM
    Changing the apn settings has been a workaround for quattrimus since alpha 6. Yes there is a file you can hardcode the changes into. It only work now with the 3g fix in place. What am i telling you guys this for?
    Whatever system-level fixes for Quattrimus that were posted never worked for me regarding MMS, and yes, I had applied the 3G fix.
    04-27-2012 04:57 PM
    Whatever system-level fixes for Quattrimus that were posted never worked for me regarding MMS, and yes, I had applied the 3G fix.
    weird.

A guy posted a hardcoded quattrimus with alpha 8 aokp, 3g fix, and mms fix. I tried it and it worked.
    04-27-2012 05:03 PM
    Receive? Or send?
    04-27-2012 05:05 PM
    weird.

A guy posted a hardcoded quattrimus with alpha 8 aokp, 3g fix, and mms fix. I tried it and it worked.
    Tried that too, it was a no-go for me
    04-27-2012 05:10 PM
549 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD