Cold As Ice working on Optimus V!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Trying this out against my better judgment, lol. I have the ZV9 baseband, so I'll report back on any potential texting lags / reboots soon.

edit -- Omg, that bootscreen. <3

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Any word on MMS? I read the whole thread, some are saying to install GoSMS (which I do anyway), and it still doesn't seem to work.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think it would do anything, but...wait a second...just sent and recieved MMS successfully as I was typing this.

In GoSMS, go to Settings > MMS settings, check Fill APN configuration manually, set MMSC to http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms? MMS PROXY = 205.239.233.136 and MMS PORT to 81

edit -- I'm sure there is some system file this can be changed in to make MMS work with the native messaging app, but I thought someone in this thread said there was a problem with the stock app. I don't know anything, clearly, but hopefully it helps for somebody.

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think it would do anything, but...wait a second...just sent and recieved MMS successfully as I was typing this.

In GoSMS, go to Settings > MMS settings, check Fill APN configuration manually, set MMSC to http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms? MMS PROXY = 205.239.233.136 and MMS PORT to 81

edit -- I'm sure there is some system file this can be changed in to make MMS work with the native messaging app, but I thought someone in this thread said there was a problem with the stock app. I don't know anything, clearly, but hopefully it helps for somebody.

Interesting. Would this work with any of the ICS roms? MMS is the only thing holding me back now that 3G is fixed.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Changing the APN settings, are you sure that will even help....?

If you think about it, without one file, it's broken. Maybe it's missing a file, although this rom IS for Sprint.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Changing the APN settings, are you sure that will even help....?

If you think about it, without one file, it's broken. Maybe it's missing a file, although this rom IS for Sprint.

All I know is that it was appearing to send MMS but not actually working, then I did this, and it worked.

Reactions: glarepate

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
one thing i've noticed is that when charging my phone, it sometimes hits a deep sleep mode and I can't wake it up, forcing me to pull the battery and turn on again.

Anyone else experience this?

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Changing the apn settings has been a workaround for quattrimus since alpha 6. Yes there is a file you can hardcode the changes into. It only work now with the 3g fix in place.

*edited to sound less snooty. Didn't mean it in that way.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Changing the apn settings has been a workaround for quattrimus since alpha 6. Yes there is a file you can hardcode the changes into. It only work now with the 3g fix in place. What am i telling you guys this for?

Whatever system-level fixes for Quattrimus that were posted never worked for me regarding MMS, and yes, I had applied the 3G fix.

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Your skipping my comment. D:

He said initially that he could send/recieve with it. Dunno.

What's wild about it working for him is that I used to have to do the same thing in goSMS in order to get MMS to work with just plain ol' CM7 IHO. No one seemed to have the problem sending/recieving MMS except me. Then one day (and many updates later) I uninstalled goSMS and just didn't have a problem anymore.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one running ZV9 on these ICS ROMs? I wonder if that's relevant at all?

Sorry CuriousNoob, I thought that's just what we did here. :p jk jk, I really just didn't see it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary