Cold As Ice working on Optimus V!

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Idk, but I fell in love with ics until you asked if anyone had a copy of the bumblebee rom and I remembered when there was a time when my phone ran smoother than anything. Since then I haven't been able to stand the bugginess of ics as it currently stands in alpha. Don't worry people will come to the same realization soon enough;) all the people running stable builds aren't vocal because there's nothing to complain about. But you're right there's been a huge jump in [pointless] activity.

Yeah I'm surprised at the number of people willing to put up with the issues. I expected it would just be a few. And then Bluetooth broke, and they still use it. I'm getting tired of putting up with the issues and I'm the dev. :p

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm surprised at the number of people willing to put up with the issues. I expected it would just be a few. And then Bluetooth broke, and they still use it. I'm getting tired of putting up with the issues and I'm the dev. :p

Bluetooth was the deal breaker lol. I have rolled back to a older version of this rom until AOKP is fixed . That way i get my ics fix and i won't bug you with the is the bluetooth issue fixed yet?

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

....Bluetooth broke?

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Or more precisely audio out for external devices broke. For some reason the update to 4.0.4 required switching from compat audio to native and that broke things.

Oh.. well I've only used Bluetooth for audio once (that was an awesome rental car..), and that was with a different device

samson lamadine

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Its not really important. Ignore it :p. You have to go into Framework-res.apk and edit eri.xml

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Wish i could -.-.and im using ES file explorer and i went into system/framework and saw the
Framework-res.apk but now what? am i suppose to delete it and put tdm framework or something? sorry im a noob

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Wish i could -.-.and im using ES file explorer and i went into system/framework and saw the
Framework-res.apk but now what? am i suppose to delete it and put tdm framework or something? sorry im a noob

What i did was this.

1. I got the quatrimus rom from the other thread on here.
2.Unzipped it to my desktop (on my pc)
3. Pulled out the system/framework/framework_res.apk
4.changed the .apk extention to .zip and extracted it (to a separate folder on my desktop)
5.copied the framework_res.apk (on my phone via es file explorer)
6.pasted it into the root of my sd-card
7.plugged my phone to my pc and copied the framework_res.apk to my desktop (on my pc)
8.changed the .apk extention to .zip and extracted it (to a separate folder on my desktop)
9.took the eri.xml from the quatrimus rom i extracted earlier (in the res/xml directory)
10. put it into the extracted kraven res/xml folder (overwriting the existing eri.xml)
11. rezip the framework_res from the kraven rom
12. change the .zip extension back to .apk
13.and put it on your sd card (on your phone)
14 using esfile explorer transfer it to your system/framework directory (on your phone)
15. Your phone will ask you if you want to overwrite
16. click yes and then it will reboot automatically (at least mine did) then it is fixed.

There is also a easier way to get the file from your phone by pulling it via adb. But at the time I was doing this i didn't have the root enabled yet. That is todays task lol and another tutorial that i believe someone else already wrote somewhere on here.

Now there is probably a simpler way to edit the xml directly but i didnt know the line so i did it this way.

If you don't know how to change the extension of the files here are links for both win 7 and win xp......

for XP How to Change a File Extension in Windows XP

for WIN 7 How to Change a File Extension in Windows

Last edited:
Reactions: samson lamadine

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
4357c47a-d5cd-2495.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 running CM9 Cold As Ice using Tapatalk

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
^As far as I know you should stick with CWM4 for maximum compatibility.

@rebel

I agree. TDMs is coming along nicely but this is definitely more stable. Of course, this isn't built for us, which is a downside in of itself. I'm looking forward to where TDMs roms go and where Cold as Ice goes as well.

Reactions: rebel69ization

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
What i did was this.

1. I got the quatrimus rom from the other thread on here.
2.Unzipped it to my desktop (on my pc)
3. Pulled out the system/framework/framework_res.apk
4.changed the .apk extention to .zip and extracted it (to a separate folder on my desktop)
5.copied the framework_res.apk (on my phone via es file explorer)
6.pasted it into the root of my sd-card
7.plugged my phone to my pc and copied the framework_res.apk to my desktop (on my pc)
8.changed the .apk extention to .zip and extracted it (to a separate folder on my desktop)
9.took the eri.xml from the quatrimus rom i extracted earlier (in the res/xml directory)
10. put it into the extracted kraven res/xml folder (overwriting the existing eri.xml)
11. rezip the framework_res from the kraven rom
12. change the .zip extension back to .apk
13.and put it on your sd card (on your phone)
14 using esfile explorer transfer it to your system/framework directory (on your phone)
15. Your phone will ask you if you want to overwrite
16. click yes and then it will reboot automatically (at least mine did) then it is fixed.

There is also a easier way to get the file from your phone by pulling it via adb. But at the time I was doing this i didn't have the root enabled yet. That is todays task lol and another tutorial that i believe someone else already wrote somewhere on here.

Now there is probably a simpler way to edit the xml directly but i didnt know the line so i did it this way.

If you don't know how to change the extension of the files here are links for both win 7 and win xp......

for XP How to Change a File Extension in Windows XP

for WIN 7 How to Change a File Extension in Windows

That's probably not a good idea, as both roms CAN have a different framework.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Minimalistic Text and patience, I made a better layout a couple of hours after I posted that screenshot.

If you like, I could upload a zipped folder with my preferences.

Yeah sure I would like that. And if you dont mind instructions too please. Semi noob here

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante