Cold As Ice working on Optimus V!

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend drews touch recovery for flashing cold as ice.

sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2

+1

I'd recommend Jerry's CWM green recovery v3.3

That recovery borked my device badly, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, no offence to Jerry. I just never had a problem with my device until I gave his recovery and the latest BACKside a shot.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
So I updated to the zv9 update, do I have to revert to the zvd radio in order for this to work? I saw on thekraven's post he was saying you had to have zvd radio.

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this would work, but I have a feeling that installing the mount scripts from the init.d in quattrimus or AOKP would work.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I've never had luck with manually installing scripts so I'll likely go with link2sd as I'm familiar with that even have a few tutorials written up about it. Next question is if gapps is included in the latest update or if I will still need to download them. I need a working video camera as I have my children's graduations coming up.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
ive had many problems with jjerrys recovery and this ROM. as soon as i went back to drews recovery everything worked 100% great. this was awhile ago, so some updates might have changed that.

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Is mms working on the latest build?

It's always worked... for OS users. The OV and OS handle mms differently, and considering this is an OS from, we'll never have completely functional mms for us without a work around. Just use Quattrimus.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Cyanogenmod 9.

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
It's always worked... for OS users. The OV and OS handle mms differently, and considering this is an OS from, we'll never have completely functional mms for us without a work around. Just use Quattrimus.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Cyanogenmod 9.

Considering the MMS fix is as easy as entering 3 things into GoSMS I would not recommend switching ROMs purely for that reason.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
CAI is more developed than quattrimus. mms does work, and so does the camcorder. the only thing I've noticed doesn't work is panoramic camera, but that doesn't work w/ quattrimus either. Also working on CAI that's not on quattrimus: settings>themes and settings>system>Lock Screen. AND it doesn't have the force closes and reboots. Yes, it was made for the S, but the S and V are VERY similar. In fact, after bricking my V, the only thing I could turn on was e-mode, I installed S Firmware!!!!

Freedomrock

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying out the Quatrimus builds for my OV (old OV with bad mic) and the force closes were a problem even with no OC. Market was a problem but it could also force close sitting at idle. I had been sticking with IHO for my daily (new OV).

I tried CAI and I have not had a single force close. I haven't really tried GPS but so far this seems very stable. I went ahead and loaded CAI on my main OV for daily use.

EDIT - 3G was working but now it will not come back on. I confirmed it was selected ON. Tried airplane mode, on and off a couple of times. Restarts didn't help either. I guess I will try a reflash .....

Last edited: