Cold As Ice working on Optimus V!

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I was talking about the browser youtube :p
On another note...Is there anyone that could possibly make a theme for CM9 to something similar to this? I pm'd the maker of these a couple weeks ago, but he isn't active and didn't respond. His dl links are broken, as well. If anyone could make this, that'd be freaking awesome. OR, if someone wants to walk me through on how to make something like this, feel free to pm me. Thanks :)

screen_20120317_1631_2.png

screen_20120317_1636.png

screen_20120317_1636_2.png

screen_20120317_1631.png

The theme website is http://forums.androidcentral.com/op.../162404-theme-wip-legend-zelda-theme.html#anb

Last edited:

OppyV

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Only real problems I have that I know are rom-specific are the clock lag (both lockscreen and status bar), laggy hq youtube, and hanging voice search. Edit: Also (And this is kind of major)... Speakerphone problems! Can't use speakerphone at all. Other than that (which i know will be fixed soon now that most of the basic stuff is squared away), roms fantastic!

Also I tried that hosts file fix (I deleted it) for streaming music (specifically Google Play Music) it works and allows me to use 3G streaming more often but I still have fc's (not often though) that im not sure are related to the hosts file. Just a heads-up.

I wonder if he'll do an AOKP version that'd be nice :D ICS Reloaded is ok but it just doesnt compare to full on AOKP to me.

Last edited:

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda confused on how to install this.
So I should download Alpha 10 flash that, then flash GApps. Should I flash HydroKernel to fix the camera? It says the camera is working...somewhat in alpha 10. Or is there another Kernal I should flash. Then I shoulld Install. CM9 Reloaded.

Sorry for the noobish questions. I have only ever installed 1 ROM before and that was BACKside. So I am not used to flashing roms and doing all this extra stuff. I am just used to downloading a rom, installing it and done.

EDIT: Also what does ZVD only mean?

bbruno8

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda confused on how to install this.
So I should download Alpha 10 flash that, then flash GApps. Should I flash HydroKernel to fix the camera? It says the camera is working...somewhat in alpha 10. Or is there another Kernal I should flash. Then I shoulld Install. CM9 Reloaded.

Sorry for the noobish questions. I have only ever installed 1 ROM before and that was BACKside. So I am not used to flashing roms and doing all this extra stuff. I am just used to downloading a rom, installing it and done.

EDIT: Also what does ZVD only mean?
You should flash the alpha 10G then GAPPs and finally the VM fix. The kernel comes in the ROM already.
ZVD... I'm not sure sure but it could be related to some devices with different radios? I really don't know this answer this question, sorry.

Sent from my LG-VM670

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
You should flash the alpha 10G then GAPPs and finally the VM fix. The kernel comes in the ROM already.
ZVD... I'm not sure sure but it could be related to some devices with different radios? I really don't know this answer this question, sorry.

Sent from my LG-VM670

Ah thanks. I want to hold off and wait till I know what ZVD means. Cause on the original post it says ZVD Only

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Ah thanks. I want to hold off and wait till I know what ZVD means. Cause on the original post it says ZVD Only

ZVD is a radio type. If your baseband version in settings>about phone phone ends in zvd, then you have a zvd radio. If it ends in something else, you don't. If you don't end in zvd or zv9, you proly need to update your radio type to zv9 if you haven't already. Go here to find out how to do this. Then you're good to go :)

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
ZVD is a radio type. If your baseband version in settings>about phone phone ends in zvd, then you have a zvd radio. If it ends in something else, you don't. If you don't end in zvd or zv9, you proly need to update your radio type to zv9 if you haven't already. Go here to find out how to do this. Then you're good to go :)

Ah ok. My baseband is VM670ZV4. So yeah I would need to update it to use any ICS ROMs right?

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Ah ok. My baseband is VM670ZV4. So yeah I would need to update it to use any ICS ROMs right?

Nonono, us OV users don't have to worry about our radio version. I'm on vm670zv4 and cai works like it's supposed to.

Edit: a screenshot for proof.
4257040f-f003-7627.jpg

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
anthonycr which one? It has to be zvd.......also Im not the one who said that you need zvd or zv9 to run cai, it is ZVD.......duhhhhh

Only OS users need to worry about baseband. The OS baseband gets updated while the OVs is always the same. Which means we can use any custom rom (except froyo) and not have to change our baseband.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
@Kahroo, right here VM cm9 a10 fix

Thanks a lot. So I'm about to install so what I do is flash alpha10G, Gapps, VMFix then reboot?

Or can I flash alpha10G, Gapps, VMFix, ICS Reloaded, THEN reboot?

Edit: I also have ClockworkMod 3..2.0.1 that I had installed from ROM Manager like a LONG time ago. And it has been working for me when I install new updates for IHO BACKside. So should I change it to something else or just keep it since it works for me?

And also do I need to fix the Key layout? Since the S Home and Menu and switched. And if so can someone give me the link since the one in the first posts link is no longer there

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2