Cold As Ice working on Optimus V!

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
That VM fix is part of the key layout,and yes you can flash it all together! You should probably change your recovery, ;) sinc most of us are using vm670nh.recovery! Or Jerrys green recovery or the blue one! I personally use VM670NH.recovery but its your choice:)

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
That VM fix is part of the key layout,and yes you can flash it all together! You should probably change your recovery, ;) sinc most of us are using vm670nh.recovery! Or Jerrys green recovery or the blue one! I personally use VM670NH.recovery but its your choice:)

Xionia works well. Me and the ol' Xionia recovery been through a lot lol.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot. So I'm about to install so what I do is flash alpha10G, Gapps, VMFix then reboot?

Or can I flash alpha10G, Gapps, VMFix, ICS Reloaded, THEN reboot?

Edit: I also have ClockworkMod 3..2.0.1 that I had installed from ROM Manager like a LONG time ago. And it has been working for me when I install new updates for IHO BACKside. So should I change it to something else or just keep it since it works for me?

And also do I need to fix the Key layout? Since the S Home and Menu and switched. And if so can someone give me the link since the one in the first posts link is no longer there

Reloaded makes it so you can't transfer files. And you can't adb.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
@octra--- and here you go... i had to zip it to post... move it to sd>extract>flash .img w/flashimagegui>enjoy your new blue touch recovery... thanks go to drew!... :)

fyi--- always flash a recovery from inside the rom; ex. flashimagegui app or terminal... thanks for reminding me tdm!... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: braxton355

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason that when I sometimes download something off of the Play Store it will say invalid package? I tried to download Maps and Android Pro Widgets.

And also when I try to view a email on GMail it will load but when I go to scroll everything in the email go blank and I can't read it.

Reloaded makes it so you can't transfer files. And you can't adb.

So I can't connect my phone to my computer and transfer files to the SD Card? And I haven't had to adb yet.

Last edited:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason that when I sometimes download something off of the Play Store it will say invalid package? I tried to download Maps and Android Pro Widgets.

And also when I try to view a email on GMail it will load but when I go to scroll everything in the email go blank and I can't read it.

So I can't connect my phone to my computer and transfer files to the SD Card? And I haven't had to adb yet.

Check for full partitions for the download issue. Create and use an sdext partition for a permanent solution.

The email issue seems to affect all thunder roms (p500, OS, OV). Don't know why.

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Check for full partitions for the download issue. Create and use an sdext partition for a permanent solution.

The email issue seems to affect all thunder roms (p500, OS, OV). Don't know why.

Um do what now?

D; That sucks. I like the GMail app. Also how is GPS in this app?

I should not use this as a daily ROM, but ICS is so pretty...heh

Last edited:

masterkush96

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
my CAI is working great on my OV, no reboots, only problem is that the dialer(phone) app isnt working, i click on it and it says, "unfortuantly, Contacts has been stopped". My contacts app works fine, and i can call people but only thru the sms messaging screen, if i go to the convo, menu button, then call button. Any ideas on how to fix this?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

If your play store is not working, go into app settings, click play store and clear data. That should fix your problems.

For the Gmail error, just force close the app, and reopen it. That seems to fix it for me.

GPS seems to work perfectly for me!

And that's correct. Reloaded ICS makes it so you can't transfer files to sd card. And I never got adb to work. If you already have Reloaded on there and would like to remove it, and would rather not restore a backup, you can use root explore or astro to go into your files. go to system/app and delete the reloadedui.apk. Next, go into your sd card, and go to the CAI.zip ROM that you have on there. click it, click apps and long press systemui.apk. copy and go back to system/apps and replace the systemui.apk with the systemui.apk that you copied. then reboot and it'll be all good.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
my CAI is working great on my OV, no reboots, only problem is that the dialer(phone) app isnt working, i click on it and it says, "unfortuantly, Contacts has been stopped". My contacts app works fine, and i can call people but only thru the sms messaging screen, if i go to the convo, menu button, then call button. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Did you change your density? Because if you did you need a ldpi phone apk.

ETA's kill puppies. Sent from my _______ using Tapatalk.

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
If your play store is not working, go into app settings, click play store and clear data. That should fix your problems.

For the Gmail error, just force close the app, and reopen it. That seems to fix it for me.

GPS seems to work perfectly for me!

And that's correct. Reloaded ICS makes it so you can't transfer files to sd card. And I never got adb to work. If you already have Reloaded on there and would like to remove it, and would rather not restore a backup, you can use root explore or astro to go into your files. go to system/app and delete the reloadedui.apk. Next, go into your sd card, and go to the CAI.zip ROM that you have on there. click it, click apps and long press systemui.apk. copy and go back to system/apps and replace the systemui.apk with the systemui.apk that you copied. then reboot and it'll be all good.

Well I rather have reloaded ICS on there I like it. (Wish they had something like that for GB) And I did that to the Play Store and it wouldn't download. I am going to flash again and see what happenes.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
The only bad thing about 11d is that the SystemUI breaks with Reloaded ICS:(

ETA's kill puppies. Sent from my _______ using Tapatalk.

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I went back to 10g. The sense recent apps bothers me and since reloaded ics doesn't work anymore, I had to use it. Nooooo thanks. 10g gets the job done.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Yea I had to go back to 10g because I was having problems receiving calls: ( might had just been since I had just flash it, but I need a stable phone at least for this week ;)!
I'll do more testing on 11D after this week :D

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea I had to go back to 10g because I was having problems receiving calls: ( might had just been since I had just flash it, but I need a stable phone at least for this week ;)!
I'll do more testing on 11D after this week :D

Yeah, I don't use this phone for calls much. When I do, I use Groove IP, which has been flawless. Never a single force close.
11D seems to be working just fine, no crashes or f/c's, all my software seems to run, including Beat the Traffic, which does not run on Quattrimus. Good software, by the way.

Reactions: Badboytoast

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Can someone help me, okay I downloaded, alpha 11d and I flashed it and then the gapps and it booted perfect! But when I went into recovery and applied the VM fix it stayed on the boot screen and ran the boot animation continuously. I tried at least 5 times to get it to boot.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2