So, I am trying to port the ICS Pattern Lockscreen to Froyo. As can be seen from the pictures, I have added some humor to the lockscreen, but as you can also see, it is not quite all there yet. I can edit xml fairly well and as you can see I have gotten the look almost complete, but the one problem that remains is the THICKNESS of the connecting lines. You all know that the pattern lock in ics has those nice thin lines, but these are thick. I have searched High and low through xmls and have come up empty handed, so I am assuming that the code is somewhere in the smali files of android.policy.jar.

I know its a long shot because not many people really delve deep into this part of the lockscreen, but I am hoping that there is a genius around here that could tell me how the heck I make the lines skinny.

pictures here:

Help please...
    cammykool and Badboytoast like this.
    04-27-2012 07:04 PM
    that would be sweet!
    04-27-2012 07:08 PM
    that would be sweet!
    Yes its pretty cool. I actually already included this ics pattern lockscreen in the themes I released for bumblebee...
    04-27-2012 07:21 PM
    i would go to it but stoupd ZV9
    04-27-2012 07:35 PM
    Yes its pretty cool. I actually already included this ics pattern lockscreen in the themes I released for bumblebee...
    Not sure about a xml doing thickness, but have you looked in the drawable images? I'm sure it's located in there somewhere..
    04-27-2012 07:35 PM
    Not sure about a xml doing thickness, but have you looked in the drawable images? I'm sure it's located in there somewhere..
    Its not a drawable image, that was my first thought. It would have to be a perfectly round .9.png that could be stretched... I couldn't find one that fit the description though. I've replaced all the code lock pngs with holo ones and it fixes everything but that stupid thick connecting line.

If you know of a png I might have missed that would be helpful.

@cammy, I don't think zv9 has a problem with it at all. There should be no problem, since froyo is very stable, and no one has reported any bugs with zv9.
    04-27-2012 07:42 PM
    Zv9 has problems for some.but not all, including on Froyo roms.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
    04-27-2012 08:01 PM
    Haven't had one single prob with zv9 on any cm7 or 9 from I've flashed and used daily

sent from my ice cold OV 4.0.4
    04-27-2012 08:14 PM
    Like I said, problems for some, not all. Let's not detail the thread.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
    04-27-2012 08:34 PM
    I don't think that the lines are created from pngs because when the lines cross over, the opacity does not increase.
    jimlikesmayo and Badboytoast like this.
    04-27-2012 08:40 PM
    I get the feeling that most of the members (other than devs) here don't even know what smali is, otherwise someone beside gannon (thanks g ) would have said something... oh well...

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-27-2012 09:27 PM
    Kcls!? I say try XDA too. :P

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-27-2012 09:48 PM

I hate xda, its so freakin disorganized, plus I hate the interface. I'll pm kcls, and see if he has any suggestions.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-27-2012 10:07 PM
    I've dabbled in smali a little but not enough to hunt down this change. I'm sure some of our in house AC Devs probaby have some better knowledge on this but working in smali is not something people go out of their way to dive into. Lets face it, after all smali code is a pain in the butt and usually ends up with a good headache before its said and done.
    04-27-2012 10:18 PM

Lol, I love how people just recommend me for this stuff now :P Check your PMs though Anthony.
    anthonycr likes this.
    04-27-2012 10:25 PM
    I've dabbled in smali a little but not enough to hunt down this change. I'm sure some of our in house AC Devs probaby have some better knowledge on this but working in smali is not something people go out of their way to dive into. Lets face it, after all smali code is a pain in the butt and usually ends up with a good headache before its said and done.
    Its like an unknown language to me. Whoever wrote the code is a genius... Most I've done in smali is change my clock color.
    04-27-2012 10:28 PM
    Well I don't know if genius is the correct term, any dev that knows and understands smali will agree its garbage and that is normally why they turn to building directly from source as a way to avoid having to deal with smali code. It still exists in source but there is more flexibility and easier to do things from my understandings.
    04-27-2012 10:38 PM
    Well I don't know if genius is the correct term, any dev that knows and understands smali will agree its garbage and that is normally why they turn to building directly from source as a way to avoid having to deal with smali code. It still exists in source but there is more flexibility and easier to do things from my understandings.
    I was going to use the term ********* to describe the writers of it, but decided that they were probably geniuses with really horrible senses of humor... it really is almost completely illegible.

I think the comment lines are in source, but when you compile the code they disappear. Then when you decompile there's absolutely no way to figure out what the line
    Code:
    .const v6, 0x1
    .return void
    Means...
    04-27-2012 10:47 PM
    That is because smali are plain Java coding, so talk to the people at that coded Java.
    04-27-2012 11:54 PM
    I've done this successfully for the LG Optimus Slider.
    In com\android\internal\widget\LockPatternView.smali of framework.jar (make sure you decompile with backsmali),
    find something that looks like:

Code:
    iput v2, p0, Lcom/android/internal/widget/LockPatternView;->mDiameterFactor:F
    Above it, you should find something like:

Code:
        const/high16 v0, 0x3f00
    Change 0x3f00 (or whatever it is) to 0x3dcccccd.
    anthonycr likes this.
    06-09-2012 03:54 AM
    I've done this successfully for the LG Optimus Slider.
    In com\android\internal\widget\LockPatternView.smali of framework.jar (make sure you decompile with backsmali),
    find something that looks like:

Code:
    iput v2, p0, Lcom/android/internal/widget/LockPatternView;->mDiameterFactor:F
    Above it, you should find something like:

Code:
        const/high16 v0, 0x3f00
    Change 0x3f00 (or whatever it is) to 0x3dcccccd.
    Wow thanks. I'll have to try this.
    06-09-2012 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD