CM9 for optimus v?

DaKr0n1x

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm new at this stuff. I have the icsw that came out on 4/20 and.I really like it but its just not there in terms of customization for me. I've seen cm9 is better for this and not to mention I'd like to try out something gingerbread. Can someone help me out with a link ir some advice?

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm new at this stuff. I have the icsw that came out on 4/20 and.I really like it but its just not there in terms of customization for me. I've seen cm9 is better for this and not to mention I'd like to try out something gingerbread. Can someone help me out with a link ir some advice?

Try out tdm's ics alpha,it seems to work well for most here im having issues with it that i think are unrelated to the rom. as for a great gingerbread rom,there are two that come to mind for me,iho backside and harmonia 2.x. you'll like both.

c587

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I enjoy using cm7 rom... I tried the iho but it had a few bugs then I went to cm7 and they released a final version that has not given me any problems... only thing is that my voice button does not work for anything...

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy using cm7 rom... I tried the iho but it had a few bugs then I went to cm7 and they released a final version that has not given me any problems... only thing is that my voice button does not work for anything...

IHO = cm7

Also... (to the others) don't advise Rom flashing noobs to flash an alpha ics rom. That is a terrible idea. People new to rom need to start with something that actually works.

Original Poster, take the advice of c587 and use an iho rom like harmonia 2, backside, mirage, etc etc. Quite frankly, the ics roms (while fun) will be too much of a hassle to use, since basic functions such as mms, wifi, 3G, and the camera either don't completely work, or need an extra hack to work correctly.

Reactions: jimlikesmayo

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
IHO = cm7

Also... (to the others) don't advise Rom flashing noobs to flash an alpha ics rom. That is a terrible idea. People new to rom need to start with something that actually works.

Original Poster, take the advice of c587 and use an iho rom like harmonia 2, backside, mirage, etc etc. Quite frankly, the ics roms (while fun) will be too much of a hassle to use, since basic functions such as mms, wifi, 3G, and the camera either don't completely work, or need an extra hack to work correctly.

hey its not my problem what someone installs. i mentioned the ics rom was alpha and that it had issues for some. my post wasnt like sure its great!! flaaaaaash it!!! :screwy: how many ways can you tell someone it has issues and do it at your own risk. its up to them. and this individual was also pointed to iho and harmonia. anyone already flashing roms should read about what their flashing anyway. its not my place or anyone else's to be sure they do. but you're more than welcome to do it if you want. im not.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Tell the noobs whatever you want so long as you dont tell them to use ROM Manager!!! I agree with Anthony, good to steer them away from Alpha builds. The more we can get one standard ROM for each Android build, that would benefit all. That is just my opinion, though

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
In sorry, but this really isn't a port.

This isn't really for our phone ither.

It just really irritated me seeing that..

But like Leslie said, its alpha and not really ready for daily.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

In my opinion (don't shot me for speaking my mind) but its a daily user for those brave people that van deal with the glitches it has. I'm currently using it right now.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
That's been said before, but not brave, but users who understand.

All people do is repost without reading and create threads for " a " question.

IMO, the V forums need to be cleaned. Their falling apart :/

kakapopo

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
why should noobs stay away from alpha ics. Its not like it will brick ur phone or anything. As long as you got rom backups ur safe. If it doesnt work right tweak some things and if it still doesnt work, restore your backup.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Take a look at what people say.

Why should they stay away?

All they do is complain about bugs and don't understand what devs do for us. They don't appreciate them.

Reactions: glarepate

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
pretty simple stuff. backup your rom before flashing anything. if you have gotten far enough to root and install a rom,you should know this much without someone holding your hand and scaring away the big bad boogie monster alpha roms for you.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
You made me laugh with that. :p

Most people need backups badly.

I don't like backups because Im cheap and keep my sdcard clean. :D

Reactions: curtis1973

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Your next comment: Help! I'm stuck at the Lg logo!

I wing everything. :p

Edit:
Baha, look what I found

4c62d649-931b-d1de.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: curtis1973

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member