As the title states, are there any x.35 kernels for CM7? Or am I just being an ***** for asking? Thanks!
    04-29-2012 10:22 PM
    You're not an ***** for asking; that's actually a more interesting question than you might think. Keep in mind, I'm a bit of a latecomer to the OV, and most of this happened before my time here, so this is just what I've picked up. Correct me anyone if I've gotten any facts wrong.

When Blarf created IHO, he decided to modify the x.32 Froyo kernel rather than write a new kernel from scratch for a variety of reasons, but mainly because the kernel was already quite stable and there was little benefit to a new x.35 kernel, particularly when accounting for the inevitable bugs. So in short, there aren't any GB kernels for CM7 on the OV.

If you really want a true gingerbread kernel, you could modify the kernel from the Optimus S GB update,but one wonders just how much benefit you'd actually derive from that, especially since our current kernel has been tweaked repeatedly to wring as much performance as we can out of it.

TDM is/was working on a 3.x kernel for ICS, but he says that's not a priority for him at the moment (compared to getting Quattrimus out of alpha).
    05-01-2012 12:21 AM
    @ Conrail16 your info is correct, as I see it there really is no point in compiling a GB Kernel for the OV since the current Froyo based Kernel is just fine and continues to be improved on.
    05-01-2012 02:27 AM
    Only reason I know of currently is that the zv9 radio plays better with the .35 kernel however this too could be solved as soon as the new kernel source for zv9 is released

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-01-2012 05:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD