We have lost curiousnoob and gannon the ov community is falling apart. What does that mean for us?

Sent from my VM670 using Taptalk 2
    bornagainpenguin likes this.
    04-30-2012 03:48 PM
    Where did Gannon go? Anyway, I don't see Noob's name on any of the awesome ROMs we have, so I think we will be okay.
    04-30-2012 03:49 PM
    It means that we should respect the moderators and android central administration a little better. Be careful, this thread is the very thing that the moderators warned us against and it really has nothing to do with hacking.

I'm just looking out for you cammy (:
    04-30-2012 03:55 PM
    imo, CuriousNoob had it coming with his recent hostility towards new members here. It's unfortunate. I'll miss Gannon quite a bit, but what can you do?

This forum over the last year has gained and lost devs, and it always survives.

In other words, carry on!
    Teh_Gaberz and cole2kb like this.
    04-30-2012 03:56 PM
    It means that we should respect the moderators and android central administration a little better. Be careful, this thread is the very thing that the moderators warned us against and it really has nothing to do with hacking.

I'm just looking out for you cammy (:

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Agreed as well. The lesson is that it's all about how you present your case. Starting a thread like CuriousNoob did this morning? Not a good idea.

Carefully and politely developing a solution based plan to present to the admins? Good idea.
    04-30-2012 03:58 PM
    We have lost curiousnoob and gannon the ov community is falling apart. What does that mean for us?

Sent from my VM670 using Taptalk 2
    We haven't lost gannon. He said he is going to android forums

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-30-2012 04:09 PM
    What happened?
    04-30-2012 04:40 PM
    What happened?
    Bashed the mods. But enough of the talk about it, it will get you in trouble

04-30-2012 04:48 PM
    Wow. I am sorry 2 hear that, I did not even realize there was a problem or noob was gone! Well, hopefully he'll serve his ban or whatever and then come back. Right?

04-30-2012 05:01 PM

Update yo Tapatalk son!

LeoLawliet likes this.
    04-30-2012 05:01 PM
    04-30-2012 05:04 PM
    Can't we all just get along with each other. I have noticed N00B has gotten snippy lately. I can understand where he is coming from but it totally discourages other n00bs from learning and asking dumb questions. You can only learn by asking a redundany question and being pointed in the right direction by someone who knows more than you.
    04-30-2012 05:06 PM
    i think it bothers him we are using Optimus S roms (something he has done for months) on our optimus V's he starting getting snippy when i brought up cold as ice and he isnt exactilly being nice on that thread eather
    04-30-2012 05:14 PM
    Please stop gossiping about an individual who is not here to defend himself. I realize he was a bit snippy, but its over, he's gone, so forget this all happened. Talking about people that aren't here to defend themself is not cool.
    04-30-2012 05:20 PM

This.

Back to flashing guys. ^^
    04-30-2012 05:21 PM
    I pointed out that it's in the spirit of Android to not only share things but to improve upon them and he yelled at me for that. I say good riddance. The guy needs to take a break from the forums and take it easy for a while.

Why did Gannon leave?
    04-30-2012 05:21 PM
    Please stop gossiping about an individual who is not here to defend himself. I realize he was a bit snippy, but its over, he's gone, so forget this all happened. Talking about people that aren't here to defend themself is not cool.
    Not my intention i apologize don't wanna stir up anything
    04-30-2012 05:23 PM
    Update yo Tapatalk son!

haha I would, but I sideloaded. Don't feel like searching google

04-30-2012 05:24 PM
    i think it bothers him we are using Optimus S roms (something he has done for months) on our optimus V's he starting getting snippy when i brought up cold as ice and he isnt exactilly being nice on that thread eather
    It bothered him that OV users were "taking over" the cold as ice thread, posting bugs, asking for things, etc.
    04-30-2012 05:53 PM
    Ironic that his last thread was titled "why?" and in that thread he said questions aren't allowed in this forum.
    04-30-2012 05:55 PM
    Everyone got it out of their systems yet?

Good.

The folks being discussed aren't here to participate, and there's always more than one side to every story.

To answer the original question, it's going to continue to be the best god damn Optimus forums on the planet, even without two individuals who couldn't work out problems and had to part ways. You members and our long-time forum developers are what turned the LG Optimus line from a mediocre, entry-level smartphone into the monster it is today -- one of the most popular Android phones in the US.
    04-30-2012 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD