[CM7 Themes] Ignition, Argentum - Google Play

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
~ IGNITION ~

Having successfully compiled my first cm7 theme chooser theme, I now present it to the community. Personally I am more of a fan of theming individual .apks and using those in my ROMs, but for a large number of you in the community, you like to use the CM7 T-mobile Theme Chooser to theme your Optimus. So, I created this theme, the idea for which was based off modifications I used to make to Jerry's BACKside when I ran it.

It's a very colorful theme, and I would appreciate any feedback on it, as I enjoy theming and plan on making more (provided people like this one). All the icons are based off the stock gingerbread icons, but the main difference is the colors of the theme, ranging from orange, to red, to blue, to purple, with all sorts of shades between. It may not be what everyone likes, but I say even if you don't know if you will like it: try it. I dare you.

KCpI0Dc7n4yt-I3kzEpzv1M3WfDwrIpAjcEDOM2Y00Via4CJ5WR_bpEMmGnLUoGfVOw=w78-h78

Directions:

download.
install.
open theme chooser.
select Ignition.
click apply.
click "apply anyway" - when the "this theme does not have the proper bla bla bla..."
ka-boom.
enjoy.

4257027d-a9f8-e9f6.jpg

85HidG_xWMkCwu82IHTMrMWw6FNJLGu7JT962JyUg4aY7pWLbB7R_xsvUhGO5nDZa3FL=h230

I2HS1-Fbr8o6RjM4UQzX2QLPernmmaxDzAzcy86xUCzRWBAiLNoRyF79x3UHceQw7A=h230

Get Ignition on Google play - also while you're at it, could you rate the theme? ;)

~ARGENTUM~

A silver theme for MDPI Devices.

Same instructions as above

4FFTItBRlopnoTnUZmiKQzUNLRL966ug2POR0nyo3UJuWJXwp7gYUpA-0FelnBsOag=h230

9kLTEmsbimZET0AX9E5n-_VWTC8XVR5BsqOnIFutmgbUJPBB9XGrn1LmpC2EwZ_wZA=h230

dvBywD-TpU1Aw6IugXesOm5eXliWS5gFkFCWi2Py3rvlqd51jYhyzo09TF52I2ApzS4=h230

JTG4J7YY8_MDAVA61zHhOOCLPTZS2mg3-mih88x7I1GnTgCaKjRZYZ_pkgxIHyyHzYgb=w124

Get Argentum from Google Play

Last edited:

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
ok,not a dev by far. but ive read that in some cases on some phones,adding the preview image to the theme will cause that error measage. i have icstrans v3 and there are two versions of it. one with the preview image which gives my ov that error and one that doesnt have the preview,which applies fine. how it would effect applying it is beyond me. but ive had a few give that error,and found versions without the preview that did apply ok.

theexile1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HELP] Building Cm7 themes

you might want to change your dpi to hdpi install then switch back i did this once to use an hdpi theme once. idk if its the error your getting, but that whats the mesage i get when using a hdpi only theme

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
you might want to change your dpi to hdpi install then switch back i did this once to use an hdpi theme once. idk if its the error your getting, but that whats the mesage i get when using a hdpi only theme

It has nothing to do with dpi.

@Curtis, I don't think that would do anything, but I'll try, and your suggestion made me think of something else, that possibly I left out a PNG or put too many in without changing enough code.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please?

EDIT: I've found more stuff indicating that the preview.png may be a problem or possibly some incorrect coding in one of the xmls. you may be right curtis. It's confusing, but I found stuff on xda that was helpful.

Last edited:

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
how did everything turn out anthony? just curious, i did a theme on uot kitchen today and didn't uncheck the preview and sure enough it turned out to be a complete clunker.

Reactions: anthonycr

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
how did everything turn out anthony? just curious, i did a theme on uot kitchen today and didn't uncheck the preview and sure enough it turned out to be a complete clunker.

I'm not sure yet. I just recompiled it changing the location of the preview, but I can't test it for a while because I just got a 32 GB sdcard and I'm syncing my 20 GB of music to my phone... it takes foreeeevvvvveeerrrr:p

Edit: if it works... its gonna be sweet. Its like a rainbow version of my ignition theme. Eye-popping colors in all the right places.

Reactions: curtis1973

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure yet. I just recompiled it changing the location of the preview, but I can't test it for a while because I just got a 32 GB sdcard and I'm syncing my 20 GB of music to my phone... it takes foreeeevvvvveeerrrr:p

Edit: if it works... its gonna be sweet. Its like a rainbow version of my ignition theme. Eye-popping colors in all the right places.

sounds like a kick butt theme. and id stroke with a 32gb sdcard on my ov...i can barely manage 4gb lol

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
sounds like a kick butt theme. and id stroke with a 32gb sdcard on my ov...i can barely manage 4gb lol

Haha 32 Gb is just what I need. With my 2 GB I had NO nandroid backups because they took up so much space and I could only put like ten CDs on my card. 32 gigs changes all that. :)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The music finished loading onto the sdcard:p 26 gigs.... and I took your advice and some.advice found on xda and moved the preview to drawable-hdpi. First time through I soft bricked my phone (with an empty sdcard) because I built it as a non framework apk... bad idea... nothing starts up. So I had to reflash everything after destroying the current build. I then fixed the theme and applied. It worked!!!

Its not totally finished, but it's close.

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It's looking really good, but I'm not much into theming using an app, I theme the .apk's themselves.

I don't like the idea of an app skinning all my apps, I prefer REAL themes... individually themed apks (like bumblebee), but I also want to make themes for people that like to use the theme Chooser. I don't know if you've done anything with theme Chooser themes, but its actually quite fun and challenging trying to get every corner of the OS skinned. Lotsa lotsa XML work:p

Reactions: Dave Begue

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
looks good bro. yeah i borked my rom first time out by not using framework-res amd system ui. i need to figure out how to upload a screen using the forums app. ill show the one i finished using uot :eek:nly. uot is a great beginners tool.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [CM7 Themes] Ignition

You reuse your threads and I just start a new one, I guess you can say that I'm wasteful :p

By the way the Windows build Environment is almost done all I have to do is write out about 6 more scripts and a crap load of README's. I would say it is better then Andoid-Kitchen, but is not very noob friendly as it well not work with starter zips.

I think you well like it.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't want to be too criticizing. But sooooo much orange e-o

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Really like it though. It's my default one for now :p

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't want to be too criticizing. But sooooo much orange e-o

Hahaha, I went a little crazy... I agree with you about the orange. Thing is, is that I started with cyanbread as a base and changed and added stuff, only I got rid of so much blue and replaced it with orange that its a little crazy. I have to fix something anyway (you will notice when you enter the music that the little arrows are stretched weird) so I will definitely tone the orange down. Any color requests? Color changes?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe some More neony goodness. Time down the orange a bit... Aaaand. XD. I like the red, green, blue combo you got going on the notif bar. So maybe the major colors could be those with orange and yellow highlights. (such as text boxes and settings menu headings) And I like the carbon fiber like print you used. :)

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh and I won't notice the music player arrows because I removed the native music player and replaced it with the Android 4.0 player.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe some More neony goodness. Time down the orange a bit... Aaaand. XD. I like the red, green, blue combo you got going on the notif bar. So maybe the major colors could be those with orange and yellow highlights. (such as text boxes and settings menu headings) And I like the carbon fiber like print you used. :)

I think I'll replace all the headers with red, blue, and green. I'm going to keep some orange, but its definitely overpowering. I just smile everytime I open messaging and see the orange title bar and orange keyboard text box, so flamboyant and obnoxious... kinda like the colors in my avatar, which I personally painted:p I like obnoxious colors.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88