Hey guys, I have a custom recovery problem. I'm trying to flash the touch recovery on my friends phone through terminal and it says flash_image not found. So i tried using flash image gui and it says it successfully put it in the recovery partition but when I reboot into recovery its just a black screen. I know it's not the whole new screen/old screen issue since touch recovery works on both screens. And I would really like to be able to fix this issue (using terminal OR flash image. Doesn't matter.) I've searched high and low for a solution but cannot find one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    05-03-2012 06:23 PM
    Come on guys... There are a lot of smart people in these forums who has to have an answer...

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    05-03-2012 07:09 PM
    If the phone is stock it will not have flash_image on it. You can download it here http://cyanogen-files.carneeki.net/flash_image.zip
    Unzip the zip and place flash_image on the sdcard
    Use a root browser to copy flash_image to the /system/bin folder
    Use terminal and run the following:
    su
    chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

Retry to flash the recovery with flash_image

I always like doing it manually so not sure about flashimagegui. It might require flash_image also
    Ryuk6666 likes this.
    05-03-2012 07:31 PM
    If the phone is stock it will not have flash_image on it. You can download it here http://cyanogen-files.carneeki.net/flash_image.zip
    Unzip the zip and place flash_image on the sdcard
    Use a root browser to copy flash_image to the /system/bin folder
    Use terminal and run the following:
    su

Retry to flash the recovery with flash_image

I always like doing it manually so not sure about flashimagegui. It might require flash_image also
    So use root browser, put it in /system/bin then go to terminal and run
    su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
    reboot recovery
    Correct?

05-03-2012 07:43 PM
    Yep. Make sure you extract flash_image from the zip file

make sure you replace recovery.zip with the actual name of the recovery.

I usually rename my recovery to r.img so it's not so much to type
    Ryuk6666 likes this.
    05-03-2012 07:49 PM
    Yep. Make sure you extract flash_image from the zip file

make sure you replace recovery.zip with the actual name of the recovery.

I usually rename my recovery to r.img so it's not so much to type
    Ok thank you so much. XD. Oh and when moving the flash_image to the /system/bin folder do I need to do anything to get it in there?

05-03-2012 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD