Is there any way to dual boot cm7/9? Or at least a boot menu where I could choose which to load.

Thanks in advance.
    05-03-2012 10:23 PM
    Is there any way to dual boot cm7/9? Or at least a boot menu where I could choose which to load.

Thanks in advance.
    There is a highly experimental multiboot recovery, i wouldnt recommend it. And im not even sure if it would work for cm9. Nandroid backups would work
    05-03-2012 10:25 PM
    Yeah, I already have a froyo, cm7 and cm9 nand. It'd just be easier to dual boot. Is that multi-boot recovery still in development? Also, does the triumph have a multi-boot recovery?
    05-03-2012 10:28 PM
    Yeah, I already have a froyo, cm7 and cm9 nand. It'd just be easier to dual boot. Is that multi-boot recovery still in development? Also, does the triumph have a multi-boot recovery?
    Im not sure about the triumph, but I know that the person that was working on the multiboot recovery is gone. Maybe for a while, maybe forever. WE MISS YOU BIGSUPERSQUID
    bigsupersquid and Badboytoast like this.
    05-04-2012 02:49 PM
    I'm pretty sure one of the requirements of multiboot was that the two roms you use have to share the same kernel. I don't think would be possible with cm7/cm9...
    05-04-2012 03:16 PM
    Where did he go?

Jerryscript backside iho running tvalls kernel 5/2/2012
    05-04-2012 04:02 PM
    Where did he go?

Jerryscript backside iho running tvalls kernel 5/2/2012
    He had was having some problems (life) and had to leave the forums

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-04-2012 05:26 PM
    He had was having some problems (life) and had to leave the forums

had/was having/is working through life issues, yes.
    tasssadar's toy i ported is on this forum http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...optimus-v.html
    he's got a newer recovery that installs roms from zip now, but i haven't been up to patching a V kernel onto it yet.
    i think cm7 and cm9 use different kernels, if so they won't multiboot together.
    by the way, I'm still not much use for tech support yet and rarely even lurk, but thought I'd bump this 'cause it's cool.
    05-04-2012 06:30 PM
    had/was having/is working through life issues, yes.
    tasssadar's toy i ported is on this forum http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...optimus-v.html
    he's got a newer recovery that installs roms from zip now, but i haven't been up to patching a V kernel onto it yet.
    i think cm7 and cm9 use different kernels, if so they won't multiboot together.
    by the way, I'm still not much use for tech support yet and rarely even lurk, but thought I'd bump this 'cause it's cool.
    Glad to see your at least lurking hope everything is going well for you. You helped with ics so much. You'd be a great developer. Hopefully you will when you get everything situated

05-04-2012 08:05 PM
    Good to see you around, your like the unbricker of all bricks if I brick my phone your posts will be the first ones I search for! Thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-05-2012 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD