Re: How to fix a bricked LG Optimus V with S firmware

kqqSC.png

?

Last edited:

shan510

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to fix a bricked LG Optimus V with S firmware

can you help me try to get rid of ls version and go back to factory version please??!!

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry.... but wasn't Asadullah the one who said to install AnyCut?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Yes but andrewnelson made the instructions easier....and then I kind of reworded him to make it easier....it actually shouldn't be a quote anymore...

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Where can I find the .bin file for use in the emergency mode. That's how bricked I' am currently

You will permanently lose data with vm if you do that. I have them, I don't just hand them out....

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Niubee43v3r

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I had similar issue, did he LGNPST+DFS trick, but when I copy and past the AAA/HA to the profile and write to phone, after reboot it just reverts to its original status. Tried with zero out ESN then write the AAA/HA, they can stick until I changed ESN back to the real value, it reverts too. How could I save the AAA/HA value in the phone then?

Does the phone need to be put in other mode (emergency or development) in order to make the AAA changes stick? I just used usb diag mode, and my phone could connect/read/write fine. Just have a hard time to figure out why the changes always revert.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I had similar issue, did he LGNPST+DFS trick, but when I copy and past the AAA/HA to the profile and write to phone, after reboot it just reverts to its original status. Tried with zero out ESN then write the AAA/HA, they can stick until I changed ESN back to the real value, it reverts too. How could I save the AAA/HA value in the phone then?

Does the phone need to be put in other mode (emergency or development) in order to make the AAA changes stick? I just used usb diag mode, and my phone could connect/read/write fine. Just have a hard time to figure out why the changes always revert.

Sounds like you missed the part about anycut.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Kool-Blue_2.3.3_V2.3 on LS670ZVJ Baseband

Niubee43v3r

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you missed the part about anycut.

I'm using the Sprint version Optimus, does the Anycut part still apply? I saw that part was quoted, didn't realize it was the very first step though. What does Anycut do? With Anycut, do I still need to zero out the ESN for the AAA/Ha to stick?

A side note is, I already rooted and loaded up the ZVJ based custom rom (hydro rom to be specific), hope that would not change the game. I thought I had everything figured out (saw the 3G icon, but never tested speed until I rooted and everything. My bad).

Niubee43v3r

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Another clarification q: with Anycut installed, I just need to "Open Anycut>New shortcut>Activity>CDG2>OK>Go to home screen>Open CDG2

Select Data Setting>PPP Carrier>Undetermined>Hit back key>Phone will reboot." Before taking steps with LGNPST right? Nothing else related to Anycut in the following steps.

Thanks so much for your timely reply.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Any cuts sole purpose in this is to create that shortcut. If you don't change that setting to undetermined you'll never get any nvitems to stick

Niubee43v3r

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, that explains it.

So I assume after the shortcut, I no longer need to zero out ESN, my NV items would stick with the "undermined" device?

Also, after I follow the steps in OP with the Anycut setting and phone reboots, I no longer need to mess with this app? Everything else happens in DFS demo?

Thanks again.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, that explains it.

So I assume after the shortcut, I no longer need to zero out ESN, my NV items would stick with the "undermined" device?

Also, after I follow the steps in OP with the Anycut setting and phone reboots, I no longer need to mess with this app? Everything else happens in DFS demo?

Thanks again.

Before going to dfs you need to use lgnpst to read phone settings. This unlocks the phone for dfs

Niubee43v3r

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Got it work finally. Thanks for the anycut tip.

BTW, I saw people doing the data programming on samsung epic 4g and htc evo as well, but never saw them mention the use of Anycut. Is this LG specific?

Another question: Now I got 3G icon and 3G speed, 200-500 kbps DL, 200-400 kbps Up (my place has weak signal), but when I ##DEBUG#--> EVDO enginnering, I still saw AAA-AN as pending. Is that normal?

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
So I followed every step and could confirm that the AAA value sticks. But when I do "update profile", error 67's gone, but I still got "client error" and my 1x data is gone too.

When using anycut, should I choose Sprint instead of "undetermined"? I'm using it on Sprint if that matters.

Edit: answer my own question, changed ppp carrier to sprint in anycut cause the nv items not to stick. But why I still could not update profile and get any data?

Yeah leave it set to undetermined. It doesn't matter as long as the settings get set correctly. Read from lgnpst then close it and open dfs. Set the profiles up. sounds like you know how you need them. Then go to the data tab and under there should be 2 fields with meid@sprintpcs.com

AN_LONG

AN_HDR_LONG

I think...

Under them are pwd boxes fill them with your AAA key

Edit: ninja'd.. glad you got it :)

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure about either of your questions but if everything is working I would just try not to worry about it

Edit: an-AAA Is pending for me too so I guess it's normal if your modding your nvitems anyway

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae