Help!! No emergency mode, no recovery. Am I screwed?

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I recently was stuck in CWM boot loops, so I tried flashing a different recovery using the following:

~ # flash_image recovery /sdcard/flash_image.img
flash_image recovery /sdcard/flash_image.img
flashing recovery from /sdcard/flash_image.img
mtd: successfully wrote block at fffffd5800000000
mtd: successfully wrote block at fffffd5800000000
~ # reboot
reboot

when it rebooted, though, it stuck at the LG logo. Blank when attempting recovery mode, blank when attempting emergency mode.

Computer doesn't detect it, adb doesn't detect it.

I'm pretty sure I'm screwed unless someone has an idea...?:'(

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
So you tried pulling the battery then holding back - volume down - power?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, read it too fast, thought you said home. Either way, I've tried both.

I don't remember the button combo but you could try safe mode. Sound like you nerfed your recovery but good but I'm unsure why emergency mode isn't working

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember the button combo but you could try safe mode. Sound like you nerfed your recovery but good but I'm unsure why emergency mode isn't working

On the optimus s I believe emergency mode is home + camera + both volume buttons + power (may be different for the v, idk)...but if it's something like that then yeah you might need a third arm lol.

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
So, after several battery pulls, i am now able to get emergency mode to come up. Of course, now I'm stuck at work all day at a computer with no admin rights, so I can't attempt anything further until tonight :mad:

What are my best options to recover through emergency mode?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'll give it a whirl tonight and let you know what happens. Thanks for your all of your input.

Np I've never had to use this method so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to help from here in but know there is a way to fix it so long as emergency mode is working.. It just will take some time and work

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
No luck so far. I've been scouring every Optimus v-Emergency Mode thread, but nothing solid. I'm thinking about contacting LG to see how much it would cost for them to flash it. Or just buy a new phone.

Ph1Man

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
This recently happened to me, but don't worry it can be fixed. First use this guide, http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-fix-bricked-lg-optimus-v-s-firmware.html , but only the first 3 sections (1. ---Flashing the S firmware---, 2. ---Getting MSL code---, and 3. ---Root and recovery---). Make sure you flash the update.zip twice to get the radio. ( Once from the recovery you flashed, to install the update, then again before you root with the stock recovery to ensure you replace the sprint radio)

Then Follow only the second section of this guide; http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...fter-vm-rom-flash-sprint-rom.html#post1707315 ( only do the second section entitled Getting data back working on your phone )

Last edited:
Reactions: Busterbluth123

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1