Not ready yet, but well have it up on github by Wednesday, right now most apps are not decompiled just un-zipped, as some reason some of the apps do like being decompile.

It well be a large download, somewhere between 200 and 300MB, there well be some empty folders, but once it is out of bata the folders well have extra features, like tools for porting and extra boot.img/recovery.img features.

This is not for modifing already build ROMS, there is no menu options.

All the files are broken down, and that means it is not for noods and any changes must be done from within the files. This also means that if you want to have app be apart of the ROM that is not listed in the compiling scripts, you must edit the scripts that install the app's. There is also no signing keys, it is recommended that you create your own. I did try to keep the scripts as simple as possible, but in doing so it made some of them very long.

NOTE: Do not use notpad to edit the scripts, it is recommended that you use either Gedit for Windows or Notepad++. I also recommended that Windows be set to Case Sensitive that way two files of the same name that have different cases can be present in the same folder.

The first and second post will have detailed instructions on how to install Cygwin, setting Windows to Case Sensitive, using git to get Workshop and how to use Workshop, a warning it well be a wall of text. The second post well have the download links for the Cygwin Pakcages, Apktool and adb/fastboot, by Wednesday.
    anthonycr and jonny5449 like this.
    05-07-2012 07:57 PM
    Saved for future use.
    05-07-2012 07:58 PM
    Question: will we still be using repo sync to download sources? Is there an alternative? My internet connection is too spotty to handle it, but could easily do some sort of zip file of the source, if nothing else I can use the build box and zip up the code myself. Just wondering.

Thanks! Looking forward to this.
    05-08-2012 12:51 AM
    Question: will we still be using repo sync to download sources? Is there an alternative? My internet connection is too spotty to handle it, but could easily do some sort of zip file of the source, if nothing else I can use the build box and zip up the code myself. Just wondering.
    I'd love this too.
    05-08-2012 05:18 AM

Thanks! Looking forward to this.
    You would be able to download it from git as a zip, the reason for using repo sync or git clone is, if the a download as bad clusters is is rejected.
    cole2kb likes this.
    05-08-2012 09:42 AM
    Okay so things have not been going the way that I would have like, the .apk's would decompile, but when compiled end up breaking them to the point that either no boot into home screen of half of the servers were not working.

I'm hoping that the next update for apktool fixes the problem. Plus the Phone.apk is a pain in the a** to work with, zipaligning it works, but signing breaks it and if it not signed you have no phone

I well up load what I have working today if you guys would want it? just let me know in this post.
    05-11-2012 10:50 AM
    how close is it

Hydro Rom
    768 MHz
    hydro kernel pre 4
    amphetimine
    05-19-2012 10:11 AM
    Okay so things have not been going the way that I would have like, the .apk's would decompile, but when compiled end up breaking them to the point that either no boot into home screen of half of the servers were not working.

I'm hoping that the next update for apktool fixes the problem. Plus the Phone.apk is a pain in the a** to work with, zipaligning it works, but signing breaks it and if it not signed you have no phone

I well up load what I have working today if you guys would want it? just let me know in this post.
    System apks do not need to be signed.
    05-19-2012 10:35 AM
    I always sign system apks...
    Although I'm not sure if I've tried using them without signing.
    05-19-2012 02:12 PM
    As a dev then you know that some system apps need to be signed, plus if the framework-res.apk is not signed the phone does not boot, and it is better to sign them anyways. I have gotten pass the signing problem, now all I have to do is figure out which app cannot be decompiled without breaking them.

Man build a rom this way is a pain in the a**, I'm so glad to be able to build from source.
    05-19-2012 06:37 PM
    Sorry Drew, from what I have seen, that's not entirely true.
    If you build from source, you are bypassing it because they all match, but it's still there. Sometimes it doesn't matter, sometimes it does.

When we added the power button mod to our Froyo roms (not built from source) we had to re-sign a bunch of system APK's in order to make them flash with the rom. Otherwise it was a two step process. Bumblebee 1.9 was this way.

Obijohn was told the issue was a signature mismatch, so he and myself re-signed almost all of them. This fixed the flash problem and made it a single rom flash like normal, but it also caused the Play Store to not work because the signatures no longer matched Google's (it would crash on purchase). It was a new security system they had implemented for it because of DRM for music.

Bumblebee has never been fixed, but I did finally manage to correct the proper ones to get Play Store to work on Harmonia 1. Same files, the only difference is the signing.
    05-19-2012 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD