Introduction
    This is iRecovery, a "wireless recovery". It implements everything necessary to ssh into your device while it is booted into recovery.

Hacked up using RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM and the IHO kernel.

Why in the world would someone want such a thing? Well, glad you asked...

The USB port on my phone recently started refusing to connect to the computer properly, so I have been unable to run ADB. This is probably not a big deal to the average user, but for a ROM developer, it is very frustrating. If a test ROM fails to boot, I can't just copy over another ROM with ADB and install it. I have two main options: (1) pop out the sdcard and copy the ROM onto it using a computer, or (2) install a known good ROM, boot into it, copy over another ROM via wireless, boot back into recovery, and finally install it. Both are very frustrating and waste time.

Setup
    This is for advanced users only. If you don't understand the setup, you shouldn't be attempting it. I will not answer PM's regarding setup!

* Copy your supplicant config to /sdcard/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
    * Copy your SSH authorized key file to /sdcard/etc/dropbear/.ssh/authorized_keys
    * [optional] Generate SSH host keys using dropbearkey:
    /sdcard/etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key
    /sdcard/etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key

Note /sbin/start-network.sh does the configuration. If you have any questions, boot into the recovery and look at this script to see what is going on.

Download
    irecovery.img
    md5: 7b73144a99f1a76c55d6e1b2904ab7c8

Changes
    * Switched from sd-ext to sdcard
    * Added scp

Future plans
    * Wireless adb
    * Command line ROM installer
    05-10-2012 04:20 AM
    Well tdm you never cease to amaze me. You show up out of nowhere and offline charging on iho gets fixed. Then you pull a working ics build out of your hat, and now this... Thanks for all your hard work to make our low budget phones not feel inferior.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    tdm, glarepate and cmerlyn like this.
    05-10-2012 05:01 AM
    @tdm--- and for keeping those of us that are currently low/no budget up to date with the jones'... i cannot express how much respect i have for you, jerry, bob, leslie, tua, tvall, gannon, and all the other devs that i cant name off the top of my head that have made and continue to make great strides in the advancement of our little ov's... i am thoroughly impressed with all of you and your generous contributions to the community... :-)
    tdm and cmerlyn like this.
    05-10-2012 05:24 AM
    :rolleyes: wow first cm9 now this recovery, you got mad skill! Thanks
    tdm likes this.
    05-10-2012 02:08 PM
    Thanks TDM. I would be one of those that would like to use this recovery but do not have, nor do I intend to set up, an sd-ext partition. Don't fix it up on my account, just throwing it out there.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    tdm likes this.
    05-10-2012 04:31 PM
    Switched to sdcard and added scp. Enjoy!
    05-11-2012 01:55 AM
    So, when I went to flash the recovery after completing all the other steps, every other time I've flashed a recovery as soon as I hit enter on the flash_image command it lists all the blocks being written to and all that. This time, I got nothing. Not any errors, but just...nothing. I don't want to risk getting stuck in a bootloop or anything so I don't plan on rebooting until someone can chime in on this. (If someone is going to say it didn't work because I didn't mount system first, it was already mounted.)

I did read the first post, and only feel comfortable asking this question because I did understand the set-up process. This step is just not behaving like I expected it to and is throwing me for a loop. Apologies if this isn't okay to ask.
    05-11-2012 05:50 PM
    So, when I went to flash the recovery after completing all the other steps, every other time I've flashed a recovery as soon as I hit enter on the flash_image command it lists all the blocks being written to and all that. This time, I got nothing. Not any errors, but just...nothing. I don't want to risk getting stuck in a bootloop or anything so I don't plan on rebooting until someone can chime in on this. (If someone is going to say it didn't work because I didn't mount system first, it was already mounted.)

Click to view quoted image

I did read the first post, and only feel comfortable asking this question because I did understand the set-up process. This step is just not behaving like I expected it to and is throwing me for a loop. Apologies if this isn't okay to ask.
    Double check the md5 and try flashing with flash image gui?

05-11-2012 07:41 PM
    Md5 is fine. I see no reason why using the GUI would yield different results but I'll give it a shot later on.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-11-2012 08:01 PM

Click to view quoted image

Mine doesn't give any output for recovery. The worst that'll happen is you will have to pull you battery and boot into the rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-11-2012 08:17 PM
    Some flash_image binaries give output, some don't.
    cole2kb and thewraith420 like this.
    05-11-2012 08:37 PM
    I'll leave the image up as-is for now, but I switched back to using /sd-ext for the config (host keys and authorized_keys). This is because I want to share the files between recovery and the main ROM, and /sdcard is vfat and cannot put the proper permissions on the files.
    05-15-2012 12:14 AM
    This is way cool, nice work tdm. I've been waiting for someone to get wifi working in recovery. Now I get to do the pain in the rear work of implementing ROM Manager-like functions in CWMT Recovery. Download ROMs, Kernels, etc from within recovery, anyone?
    tdm and cmerlyn like this.
    05-15-2012 12:31 AM
    Even if you do reboot into recovery it should only take you to fast boot which is a blue screen! If it does not work, all you have to do once in this fast boot just remove the battery and power on your phone! It should boot normal, now flash your old recovery!
    05-15-2012 12:34 AM
    This is way cool, nice work tdm. I've been waiting for someone to get wifi working in recovery. Now I get to do the pain in the rear work of implementing ROM Manager-like functions in CWMT Recovery. Download ROMs, Kernels, etc from within recovery, anyone?
    That would be awesome!
    05-15-2012 12:35 AM
    I wouldent recomend flash image gui.
    05-15-2012 12:35 AM
    my optimus v friends love this thanks

Hydro Rom
    768 MHz
    hydro kernel pre 4
    amphetimine
    tdm likes this.
    05-15-2012 08:12 AM
    I wouldent recomend flash image gui.
    Why? I've used it successfully plenty of times...

05-15-2012 04:29 PM
    Why? I've used it successfully plenty of times...

I agree, atleast with flash_image GUI there are protections against flashing wrong file on your recovery partition.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    05-15-2012 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD