My wife no longer wants the Optimus v. Question is. Could we sell the Optimus with the $25 plan account linked to it? Or would the other person have trouble using the service since its rooted and romed?

its still under the 1 year warranty and its very very very stable at 864

wrong section ?
    05-13-2012 07:59 AM
    You could if you wanted to. You could just sell the device in case she wants to keep the plan for other qualified gfd phones.

just ya know...tapatalkin' from my OpV
    notown likes this.
    05-13-2012 08:37 AM
    I see these sold on ebay all the time. Lately the whole setup only fetches about 125 - you should either keep your plan and buy a new device now for it ( then sell just the device) , or wait until the end of the month and get a brand new device like the evo3d on a new line of service, then sell the whole plan/phone then.

What I haven't looked into is porting out your number without losing your grandfather account.

Either way - selling your old account and buying a triumph or elite on new plan right now would be a lose - lose.

If you sell it activated with the plan you can leave it rommed, but if you sell just the device you need to make sure it has a froyo rom with the activation app on it. Rooted is fine either way -just disclose that in your listing.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    notown likes this.
    05-13-2012 08:38 AM
    You're on prepaid. There's no reason to keep the plan. Anyone can start a new plan on the phone once you cancel.
    05-13-2012 10:32 PM
    im buying an optimus v to mess around on :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hydro Rom
    768 MHz
    hydro kernel pre 4
    amphetimine
    05-15-2012 08:17 AM
    You're on prepaid. There's no reason to keep the plan. Anyone can start a new plan on the phone once you cancel.
    He might want to keep his $25 plan.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-15-2012 09:52 AM
    Grandfathered plans are cheaper. So they do have value.

05-15-2012 12:22 PM
    I see these sold on ebay all the time. Lately the whole setup only fetches about 125 - you should either keep your plan and buy a new device now for it ( then sell just the device) , or wait until the end of the month and get a brand new device like the evo3d on a new line of service, then sell the whole plan/phone then.

What I haven't looked into is porting out your number without losing your grandfather account.

Either way - selling your old account and buying a triumph or elite on new plan right now would be a lose - lose.

If you sell it activated with the plan you can leave it rommed, but if you sell just the device you need to make sure it has a froyo rom with the activation app on it. Rooted is fine either way -just disclose that in your listing.

X2
    hVery well put!
    Y would u even want to have your account linked on the phone that is being sold ??!!
    The new owner would have to be a virgin mobile customer already and have to do a phone swap using meid number on the back

mobile customer and do it phone swap
    05-16-2012 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD