hi imaa newbie to rooting and need some help i cant get it to go thru, i downloaded all the programs ithe forums told me to still nothin.
    05-13-2012 09:26 PM
    hi imaa newbie to rooting and need some help i cant get it to go thru, i downloaded all the programs ithe forums told me to still nothin.
    hi phillip. take a look at your phones about phone section. look to see if the baseband ends in zv9 or zv5. im assuming you have tried gingerbreak.apk with no luck.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-13-2012 09:44 PM
    If you are trying Gingerbreak make sure you have an sdcard in phone and on phone go to Setting > Applications > Development and make sure Debugging is turned on. There is also a zv4 baseband. Older phones have zv4 and newer ones are zv5. Haven't heard of any new phones yet with zv9 so unless you did virgin mobiles update they release you prob have 4 or 5 in Which case gingerbreak will work. Also make sure you grabbed gingerbreak v1.20. It can sometimes take a few tries so if it fails keep trying.

Sent from my Optimus V running BACKside using Tapatalk2
    05-14-2012 06:33 AM
    Here is the gingerbreak-v1.20.API
    http://db.tt/E5WU2ll4

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-18-2012 01:16 PM
    I used super one click and it worked like a charm. Ginger break and all the others don't work because the optimus doesn't have gingerbread.
    05-21-2012 03:14 AM
    I used super one click and it worked like a charm. Ginger break and all the others don't work because the optimus doesn't have gingerbread.
    Probably true in some versions but it broke the zv4 OV I have.. Pretty sure it was 1.20
    I am pretty sure I used S1click and failed and never tried again.. 2nd time could have been a charm? We will never know.. Not sure what version it was..

To me,, if I can't put together a entertainment system with out being crushed mentally?? I probably shouldn't be thinking about rooting imo..

To me Rooting is the easy part provided it goes well.. It's the not doing the wrong thing after that which keeps me on my toe's and that has gotten many a past rooting wannabe in trouble..

I see LeslieAnn has not weighed in (Wize lol) Rumor has it that super 1 click has a near all in one break.. Read and reassure yourself then try it or move on till you are confident you can recover from a epic fail.. I recommend not doing it.. But it's fun doing magic tricks with the handset that your after and I will understand if you ignore my advice..
    05-21-2012 03:46 AM
    I have successfully rooted 6 Ov's using Gingerbreak and there were a few of each... zv4 and zv5. Never had an issue with it not working or borking a phone yet. Well except for it not working on new zv9 update.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-21-2012 06:01 AM
    I have successfully rooted 6 Ov's using Gingerbreak and there were a few of each... zv4 and zv5. Never had an issue with it not working or borking a phone yet. Well except for it not working on new zv9 update.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep Zv9 = Derootatron.. Just say no..
    05-21-2012 10:57 AM
    Rooting ZV9 is pretty easy.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    _Severability_ likes this.
    05-21-2012 11:16 AM
    Rooting ZV9 is pretty easy.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes but I would have to reroot after the zv9 update.. "F" that.. Derootatron.. If it breaks my root I have now I won't use it.. Maybe later but I doubt it..
    05-21-2012 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD