Well I have stated that the update is more trouble than it's worth. It's even in my forums signature,but I thought I would go through the whole update process,re-root...all of it. To see if I was right or wrong (atleast in my particular case..as it is most likely individual as far as results seen). And I have no issues in saying that it did indeed improve my bar strength from a low 2 bars in general to 3,sometimes 4 bars in general. So in my own case,I was wrong. And as for the re-root process,well for a user who in general who will read and follow the re-root process it isn't that difficult...with one exception. During the final two steps of the re-root a user may get "jcase_rootme.zip failed to copy" errors. If the user doesn't think ahead and isn't familiar with adb,the user may not get through the process. I had to adb push the jcase zip to sdcard in order to complete the process. I had a permission denied error appear during the root process that needed me to push the file myself outside the last step in order to flash and reboot to accomplish root. Now this permission error could have occured for any reason,not sure. But all steps were followed and still got the error. But outside of that,the process wasnt a big deal really,IF you follow the instructions closely and are familiar in general with adb and are prepared to handle any weirdness that may occur as none of these tools,etc are error free.
    cole2kb and thewraith420 like this.
    05-25-2012 02:53 PM
    Pretty sure the thread states that Jerry also had to adb push the files himself for it to work properly. He also mentions the permission errors. Thankfully, my process was painless, minus all the troubles before the kernels were updated.

Glad to hear it improved things for you.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-25-2012 03:00 PM
    i hope each user who tries it has similar results. i should have not based my criticism so strongly on just user experience vs actually trying it. When you're wrong,you're wrong. And I was.
    05-25-2012 03:05 PM
    I didn't have any ill effects but I haven't seen any benefits performance wise. I used brotherswing's guide, don't know if that makes any difference.
    05-25-2012 03:24 PM
    Welcome to the dark side Curtis lol. At least you waited and avoided the kernel issues that were there initially

curtis1973 likes this.
    05-25-2012 04:02 PM
    lmap yeah i guess i did. i did it mainly to figure out why i cant get cold as ice or quattrimus to run as good as others have it. figured maybe if i did the update it might unbork something that's not right on my end. gonna give both a try later to see if i have better luck now.
    05-25-2012 04:07 PM
    I wonder about the update. My 3g has been so slow lately it's horrible. Tried all the basic fixes but no better. Finally called Vm and got elevated tech support and the tech told me straight out she was recommending People not install it due to increased calls from people that have who are experiencing lagging and 3g issues.

05-25-2012 04:46 PM
    I wonder about the update. My 3g has been so slow lately it's horrible. Tried all the basic fixes but no better. Finally called Vm and got elevated tech support and the tech told me straight out she was recommending People not install it due to increased calls from people that have who are experiencing lagging and 3g issues.

There were lagging issues with sms on custom roms before they released the kernel source but mrg666, tvall, and bobzhome made quick work of it once released. I don't experience lag on anything... For me the update didn't improve anything (wasn't bad to begin with) but it didn't hurt either and it has helped at least some people.

05-25-2012 05:23 PM
    I have VM670v4 ov. Is there any need or necessity to upgrade to v9?
    05-26-2012 07:26 AM
    I done the update , rerooted, and I have noticed a big improvement in my signal, speed of sending and receiving texts, mms ,also clearer reception when talking on the phone.

sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2
    New_Droid likes this.
    05-26-2012 08:43 AM
    If your happy with the signal you get then it's not really a need to do type thing. It's just a software update for the radio in your phone. It can in some cases get you better reception.
    Sort of like updating drivers on a computer.

New_Droid likes this.
    05-26-2012 10:03 AM
    I done the update , rerooted, and I have noticed a big improvement in my signal, speed of sending and receiving texts, mms ,also clearer reception when talking on the phone.

sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2
    same here actually. the signal jumped by a significant amount. i think the radio update is most helpful to people in areas who have had upgrades that take advantage of the update. otherwise others wont aeea difference until upgrades come to their area.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    rebel69ization likes this.
    05-26-2012 10:05 AM
    its a 50/50 guess. it seems to help some while others see no changes. if you decide to do the update,be sure to follow the guides here on how to reroot your device if you try to reroot. and copy over jcase_rootme.zip to root of sdcard in advance so you wont need to know adb in order to complete reroot using the one click method. as long as you flash the update properly and run the one click method with that file from the one click package already on your sdcard for when its called for,youll reroot just fine.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    rebel69ization and New_Droid like this.
    05-26-2012 10:10 AM
    I'm having trouble on re-rooting. I installed zv9 without a problem, and now I cant seem to re root. I have adb, java, and the drivers. i have quattrimus ready to re install but I need to root and install a custom recovery. I'm lost and I would love to have it rooted in no time.
    Any help is appreciated, please and thank you.
    07-29-2012 05:13 PM
    Adb is completely set up?
    To test that, slick start and type cmd. Right click the command prompt and click run as administrator. Type
    cd (path to wherever adb is. Something like C:\android-SDK\platform-tools)

Now type
    adb devices

If this comes back with a buncha numbers then that's it. If it lists nothing, you need to fix something.

To adb push the jcase root exploit , place the exploit on the directory that you used above. Rename it to just root. Now in the command prompt, type

adb push root.zip /sdcard/root.zip

Wait until it says successful.
    Reboot to recovery. Flash zip and choose root.zip
    07-29-2012 06:42 PM
    Oh wait, if you don't have root, you probably don't have a custom recovery either. Follow this guide that will help you get a custom recovery and root. begin at stage 2.(step 10)
    07-30-2012 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD