ROM'S for the Lg Optimus V

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
All of the CM7 2.3.7 gingerbread roms for the V are stable, you can check out the list for the optimus v here. (Just make sure to scroll down to the Optimus V and not the other variants.)

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common/wiki/Binary

If you're like me and want something as stable as possible, then I wouldnt recommend any of the ICS (4.0) roms that are out now, they are all in alpha I believe and some features do not work. Some people can deal with it, others like myself dont want to. It just comes down to preference.

Reactions: thewraith420

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
+1 what he said. IHO is the way to go for stability, reliability, and full functionality and there are several builds to choose from.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
bestbestestesses rom thread - ultimate rom : 2.00.5.87.99.204 -- 7 Rom. thats the ticket :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

wuzdat

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm a noob when it comes to flashing roms. I have been reading & getting familiar with the process for several months now. I have an Optimus V, rooted with the Stock 2.2.2 Rom. I am in the middle of finding a ROM to choose as my 1st one to FLASH. I have read everyone's comments on the different roms & i have basically decided to go with an IHO, BobzHome version.
I just have ONE question for you veteran Flashers...... from the list of IHO roms on the github page, listed under the LG Optimus V are several versions of IHO roms. I want to go with the BobZhome version, but how do I know whether to use CM7.2.0 RC1-BobZor use CM9.0 RC0-BobZ ? Basically whats the difference in the 2 and which would be better as my first try?
Any help would be appreciated as once I get an answer, I'm ready to bite the bullet & flash this rom this we:eek:ekend. :D

ericrwmson1

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
The cm9 version is ice cream sandwich, I would recommend you try the cm7 versions first as they are super stable and have more working features

Reactions: wuzdat

wuzdat

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I have one more question before I flash this rom on my Optimus V, will I have to re-activate my phone and put all of my account settings back in after I flash the CM7 rom? I just haven't been able to find a clear answer about whether I will lose ALL settings & current capabilities for phone usage after flashing a rom. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have one more question before I flash this rom on my Optimus V, will I have to re-activate my phone and put all of my account settings back in after I flash the CM7 rom? I just haven't been able to find a clear answer about whether I will lose ALL settings & current capabilities for phone usage after flashing a rom. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

You will not have to activate, you will have to resign in with Gmail though.

Sent from VM670 on MetroPCS

Reactions: wuzdat

D-money443

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just download the camera ICS from the play store and use root uninstaller to get rid of the stock camera on the rom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci