Restore Nandroid backup on a different phone?

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, backstory: My friend dropped her OV yesterday and broke the screen, everything else still works and I set it up so I can view the screen on my computer with androidscreencast. I just made a nandroid backup.

The question I have is can I restore this Nandroid backup to her new optimus V without there being problems?

If this is possible I should use the same recovery as the old phone correct? r does that even matter?

Thanks in advance

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, backstory: My friend dropped her OV yesterday and broke the screen, everything else still works and I set it up so I can view the screen on my computer with androidscreencast. I just made a nandroid backup.

The question I have is can I restore this Nandroid backup to her new optimus V without there being problems?

If this is possible I should use the same recovery as the old phone correct? r does that even matter?

Thanks in advance

Are they both the same version? (2.2.2?) . What rom is the broke screen one running? The recovery used should be the same on both. You should have no problem restoring it on the new phone as long as long as everything is compatible. Just do a backup on the good screen one before restoring the backup from the broke one and you'll be fine.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: koopakid08

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
the old phone is 2.2.1, will this be a problem if the new phone is 2.2.2? (I'm not sure what version the new phone will be because Best Buy is currently out of stock.)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
the old phone is 2.2.1, will this be a problem if the new phone is 2.2.2? (I'm not sure what version the new phone will be because Best Buy is currently out of stock.)

What rom is it? Our cm7 and 9 have support for both screens as do the current custom froyo builds but if the nandroid is of stock rooted then the old kernel doesn't support the new screen.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It's stock rooted. I read somewhere about a kernel that someone put into one of the 2.2.1 restore files so that new screens could be restored to 2.2.1. If I just replaced the kernel that I could restore the backup? Where is the kernel located in a Nandroid?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's stock rooted. I read somewhere about a kernel that someone put into one of the 2.2.1 restore files so that new screens could be restored to 2.2.1. If I just replaced the kernel that I could restore the backup? Where is the kernel located in a Nandroid?

Could try restoring the backup then flash a compatible kernel

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
That is what I was planning on doing if I couldn't find the kernel in the Nandroid.

Sent from space

It's in the boot.img but trying to change it that way might cause more trouble.. I'm not sure. You'd have to unpack the boot.img and replace the zimage.img and kernel modules... I don't know how to do that tho and I think flashing the kernel after restore sounds much simpler.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It's in the boot.img but trying to change it that way might cause more trouble.. I'm not sure. You'd have to unpack the boot.img and replace the zimage.img and kernel modules... I don't know how to do that tho and I think flashing the kernel after restore sounds much simpler.

Could I just take the boot.img from a 2.2.2 Nandroid and replace it into 2.2.1 or is there information in there specific to the backup?

Sent from space

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you just flashed the Picastick remix kernel after you restore the nandroid backup.

ETA's kill puppies. Sent from a ______ with Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2