Theme Reverter?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know of a Theme Reverter I can use on BACKside 0502?
Thanks!! :D

If you made a backup in recovery before you flashed any themes you could revert back to that.

Other option is to do a dalvik cache & cache wipe in recovery and then flash the stock ROM over the top (NO DATA WIPE) and that should give you back the stock theme. You may or may not have FC's... How do you like your poison? :p

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Lol that's helpful, thanks!!!
But, what do I do if I do get FC's... D:

if you begin to get force close issues then it would be time to just reinstall the rom and performing a full wipe/format beforehand. but it would get back your original theme. but there is possibly an easier method for restoring stock theme after a flashed theme you dont like or wish to use anymore..backup your framework-res.apk and systemui.apk beforehand,then if need be you can reinstall them back to system,reboot into recovery and wipe cache,dalvik,reboot.
should restore your theme..all speculation of course. try at own risk.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree, having a copy of your original ROM's stock framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk will give you back "stock" on those two fronts. If the theme you flashed went deeper in theming apps and other parts of the OS like Settings, Mms, Dialer, Contacts, etc then those won't be changed just by flashing the two mentioned above...

I guess the safest bet is always keep a backup of your original ROM's appearance as you like it all setup as you please before you flash into a theme.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's my two cents. On bumblebee resurrected rom, all the themes are flashable zips. I can change themes completely in a minute by booting into recovery and flashing the other themes without wiping anything and I never have fcs. Ive read your post a couple times and its still not totally clear what the heck you are doing, but if you have flash able themes, there's really no need to wipe before flashing them.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Here's my two cents. On bumblebee resurrected rom, all the themes are flashable zips. I can change themes completely in a minute by booting into recovery and flashing the other themes without wiping anything and I never have fcs. Ive read your post a couple times and its still not totally clear what the heck you are doing, but if you have flash able themes, there's really no need to wipe before flashing them.
Judging from the OP's question & response to my post they were looking for a way to revert back to the original ROM's theme/appearance. Easily done if using a backup made before hand or doing as I recommended and flashing the original ROM (no wipe to retain data) over the existing setup. 95% of the time it works, no problems but that small percent of the time you get some unforeseen FC's due to not wiping.

I agree with what your saying you can flash from theme to theme normally with no wipe or just a dalvik cache/cache partition wipe and away you go no troubles.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis