[Recovery] ZenGarden 2.0.3.3-T ............. 01-30-2013

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
When I first built and release CWM-Blue Recovery I centered it around my ROM builds, but over time I saw a need by the V community. The need for a recovery that is simple to use and does what the seasoned root users, but most notably those that are new to root needs a recovery to do.

ZenGarden Recovery Hard Key Version had been discontinued due to keeping with the coding of multiple version has become difficult.

Change Log:
  1. Display installed recovery version under Settings > About phone (required boot into recovery, but currently will not show up).
  2. Add extra Debugging > Quick Fix option to install zip from data partition if sdcard is none functional(Must run Prepare for New Install at lease one).
  3. Added Partition Manager with option to convert your existing sd-ext.
  4. Better Reboot menu.
  5. Added option to delete a Backup..
  6. if backup does not pass md5sum verification it is now automatically deleted.
  7. Multiple install options - Auto install Gapps after installing ROM.
  8. Boot into Bootloader option added to Power/Reboot Menu.
  9. Reverted back to storing backups to clockworkmod folder (backups in zencovery folder well be moved to defaulted backup directory automatically. This may take time depending on the size of the the backups and how many there are, so don't freak if it seems like the recovery is stuck).
  10. Fix Recovery Boot Loop.
  11. Home Key is menu select (Hard Key).
  12. Minor fixes for better handling of auto function errors.
  13. Simplified menu options, moved things around of easier navigation.
  14. Wipe menu options (Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache/Delcik-Cache, Format everything and Format just things needed before updating current ROM).
  15. Compatible with apps used for updating current ROM i.e IHO Updater, BacksideUpdater, ROMKeeper and ROM Manager).
  16. S2E/Link2SD compatible.
  17. Auto Reboot after manual zip install.
  18. Auto Reboot after manual restore of a backup.
  19. Auto backup before installing zip when used with a compatible app.
  20. VM670 and LS670 version.

Menu Layout
Reboot System
  1. Boot Android
  2. Reboot Recovery
  3. Reboot Bootloader (not functional for LS670)
Wipe/Format
  1. Cache Dalvik-Cache [*Data/Factory Reset
  2. Prepare for Update
  3. Prepare for New Install
Install Package
  1. Install Manually
  2. Install and Reboot
  3. Install with Gapps
  4. Install update.zip
Backup & Restore
  1. Nandroid Backup
  2. Verify Backup
  3. Delete Bakup
  4. Restore Backup
  5. Adv. Restore Backup
Advance Options
  1. Utilities
  2. Settings
  3. Debugging
Power Off

Do not flash radio!!!

Below images are not true, if I can get emulator working right I'll update to better screen shots.

ZenGarden Touch

Flash.zip
If you are stuck in recovery do to a Recovery Boot-Loop or a bad flash, use this flash zip to get out of those problems; just flash in recovery as you would any zip file then reboot recovery. ZenGarden-Touch-Recovery.zip md5sum 97876c796e2f1998d839b5cd1dab437e

Recommended install methods are terminal/adb or IHO Updater. if you chose to use Flash Image GUI app then rename the recovery to recovery.img.
Code:
[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="3"]adb shell flash_image recovery /path-to-recoveryimage/name of recovery[/SIZE][/FONT]

The source code for both are available here:

None Touch Version Source Code!

IHO Updater Source!

I'm currently redoing IHO Updater to just simply install a chosen zip v.i.a. recovery.

Install without sdcard
First format the system, data, boot and cache partitions or run the Wipe/Format Options > Prepare for New Install, then push the zip to the data partition.
Code:
adb shell mount /data/
adb push "pathing to zip/name of zip" /data/
After that is done go to Advance Option > Deugging > Quick Fixes and select Install without sdcard. Recovery then will reboot and install the zip file.

Last edited:

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Recovery] CWM-Blue-Recovery.....Compatible with Backside Upd

Well. My dreams have all come true. I'm away from the PC right now, but once I'm on it I'll immediately download!! ;)
Say, would you mind doing a Blue Machine Theme to match your epic recovery?
It's totally fine if you won't, I mean, I avoid UOT like the plague cuz I always mess something up, but, it's just that, I love blue.... ;3

Reactions: EarthnFire78

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

As long as you have ThemeChooser.apk and ThemeManager.apk install I'll do it. If it does not work give me tell tomorrow and I'll compile the theme from source.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

As long as you have ThemeChooser.apk and ThemeManager.apk install I'll do it. If it does not work give me tell tomorrow when I'm and I'll compile the theme from source.

I'm sorry... ThemeChooser.apk? As in.... the Theme Chooser app? And I don't even know what ThemeManager.apk is.....
and this is why I stay away from UOT.... :p

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry... ThemeChooser.apk? As in.... the Theme Chooser app? And I don't even know what ThemeManager.apk is.....
and this is why I stay away from UOT.... :p

What rom are you using?? I think all IHO roms but OM-Mandylion come with ThemeChooser and ThemeManager.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

If you can with CWM-Green then you can with CWM-Blue, the only differences between the two is CWM-Blue formats the sd-ext partition when the auto full wipe install is choose in Backside Updater.

I successfully flashed Quattrimus using the latest CWM-Green with no problems whatsoever. I use LeslieAnn's cool prep zips for my wiping.

Thanks for making it blue, my favorite color. Besides, it makes it clear which one you are using.Nice work.:cool:

Reactions: EarthnFire78

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Recovery] CWM-Blue....Compatible w/BacksideUpdater auto inst

Reasons for choosing Blue as the theme.

1. Blue as warm inviting color.

2. In terms of processing of the color, Blue is cool which means processing power to produce the color is less.

3. Blue is my favorite color, so in reality make the recovery Blue was out of a selfish need personal recovery that is of course Blue :p

Last edited:

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

2. In terms of processing of the color, Blue is cool which means processing power to produce the color.

3. Blue is my favorite color, so in reality make the recovery Blue was out of a selfish need personal recovery that is of course Blue :p

its easy on the eyes and does offer the sd-ext feature,so i like it a lot. green theme is nice also. not to disrespect Jerry's work any. both work great and having both gives a choice in color taste and only emphasizes how good we have it on the ov.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

2. In terms of processing of the color, Blue is cool which means processing power to produce the color.

Those reasons are plenty good enough. Who doesnt like blue?? :p

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

EarthnFire78... do you have an Android Forums??? If not, I'd be glad to share this over there, provided I link back to you for credit, because this Recovery needs to be made known!!! :D

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

EarthnFire78... do you have an Android Forums??? If not, I'd be glad to share this over there, provided I link back to you for credit, because this Recovery needs to be made known!!! :D

I just have not been there is some time, mostly do the fact it is not development friendly. You welcome to post a link over there, but I would ask that it be linked back to either here or at VMRoms for support.

Otherwise I may not be able to help people with the recovery if they have problems.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

I just have not been there is some time, mostly do the fact it is not development friendly. You welcome to post a link over there, but I would ask that it be linked back to either here or at VMRoms for support.

Otherwise I may not be able to help people with the recovery if they have problems.

No problem, just want to spread the word!!

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

for those who dont know, the updater script is located at META-INF/com/google/android/ in the rom zip ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar