[Recovery] ZenGarden 2.0.3.3-T ............. 01-30-2013

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Recovery] ZenGarden 1.7.0.1-T & ICS .2.3-ALPHA ........... 12-29-2012

Because of Windows LG Driver problems I'm most likely going to stop development of the ICS recovery. Windows cannot see the adb service for the recovery because it's mount differently, COT as well cannot be seen by Windows for adb service.
it's funny, winXP won't see my ics tablet at all but talks to CAI on my optimus. I've got an old adb binary and LG drivers for windows that're about 2 years old...
and my linux adb binary is as old as the windows one but still has no problem with anything I've thrown at it, except it won't talk to BobZhome's JB rom.
google's been putting out too many 'upgrades' since after Gingerbread for my taste. First they null the build system for anything under armv7, and then it turns out they f'd up the adb format for ICS onwards too? boo. Boogle.
Just griping. Sorry to OT your thread.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Recovery] ZenGarden 1.7.0.1-T & ICS .2.3-ALPHA ........... 12-29-2012

Recovery has been updated with added options for sdcard partitioning.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Recovery] ZenGarden 2.0.2.7-T ............. 01-12-2013

Yep, or any ROM of the VM and LS.

Gotta say I finally installed your new recovery after having green recovery for so long and then installed the newest rom of yours after sticking with around 4 builds ago and I'm loving it! Can't wait to see what else u can do with this. Me personally I love privacy and security over anything so I hope to see pdroid implemented in your rom with all the privacy selections available. Hope this can come true. Thank you for all your work G-

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Recovery] ZenGarden 2.0.2.7-T ............. 01-12-2013

Update for ZenGarden, added ability to install from data partition if sdcard slot is none functional or the sdcard bad, look under Advance Option > Debugging > Quick Fix > Install without sdcard.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Update for ZenGarden, added ability to install from data partition if sdcard slot is none functional or the sdcard bad, look under Advance Option > Debugging > Quick Fix > Install without sdcard.

Cool!

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
This recovery is BAD A**, my hats off to you!

Quick question on partitoning. I have a 2GB card, so I want to choose 204 MB partitions, 34 swap space, and ext4 for optimization. Is that right?

Thanks again. Good work!!!

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If your trying to partition the SD card for Link2SD or the OM-Mandylion ROM you will need at least an 8GB SD card.
These need a 1-2GB partition, with 2GB being optimal.
You can not use more than 20% of the actual space available on the SD card for the partition.
You do not need a swap partition.

Basically if your going to buy a bigger SD card (which you will need for the 1-2GB partition) go with the Sandisk 16GB class 4 which has a read speed of slightly over 40MB/s. This has proven so far to have the fastest read speed on the V.
This can be found at WalMart for $12-20.00

Read speed is the most important for android phones. The faster the read speed, the faster the SD card is read at bootup, and the faster the apps open up that are on the SD card when selected.

Class ONLY designates write speed, not read speed or quality.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Zengarden would not allow me to delete any of my backups?
I wanted to install new build of MiRaGe 7-13-13 ,but first i wanted to delete my old backup of the backside rom, well i went to backup and restore section >then delete backup >cwm folder with 3 different backups inside (stock backup) (backside backup) (mirage backup) .
I tapped on backside backup promt said are you sure you want to delete backup, i scrolled down yes delete backside rom. Well instead of deleting, it started to backup the mirage rom. When it was done it said backup complete, would you like to verify, so i did and it went through the process and md5 sums matched. Then i got curious if it really backed up mirage so i checked in root browser, it showed it to be there but it was empty, (no files inside)

Well anyway, long story short, zengarden wouldn't delete any backups so i deleted them with root browser, then in zengarden made a backup of mirage before the updated 7-13-13 which checked out to be a good backup, then i wiped twice and flashed the 7-13-13 build.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Zengarden would not allow me to delete any of my backups?
I wanted to install new build of MiRaGe 7-13-13 ,but first i wanted to delete my old backup of the backside rom, well i went to backup and restore section >then delete backup >cwm folder with 3 different backups inside (stock backup) (backside backup) (mirage backup) .
I tapped on backside backup promt said are you sure you want to delete backup, i scrolled down yes delete backside rom. Well instead of deleting, it started to backup the mirage rom. When it was done it said backup complete, would you like to verify, so i did and it went through the process and md5 sums matched. Then i got curious if it really backed up mirage so i checked in root browser, it showed it to be there but it was empty, (no files inside)

Well anyway, long story short, zengarden wouldn't delete any backups so i deleted them with root browser, then in zengarden made a backup of mirage before the updated 7-13-13 which checked out to be a good backup, then i wiped twice and flashed the 7-13-13 build.

There is no way using ZenGarden to delete any of your backups/nandroids created.
Maybe in TWRP, though have never tried but you can pull and list all your SD files from there. But I believe when you pull the file folders, it's only if you're looking to select a file to flash....not for deleting purposes.
When I delete old backups and whatnot, I either use file manager/explorer or just plug into a PC and do it that way on the "big screen."
;)

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
There is no way using ZenGarden to delete any of your backups/nandroids created.
Maybe in TWRP, though have never tried but you can pull and list all your SD files from there. But I believe when you pull the file folders, it's only if you're looking to select a file to flash....not for deleting purposes.
When I delete old backups and whatnot, I either use file manager/explorer or just plug into a PC and do it that way on the "big screen."
;)

You can delete backups with zengarden, i've done it before, go to backup and restore > delete backup. :p

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you're running the latest version because that has never happened to me once using Zen garden

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you're running the latest version because that has never happened to me once using Zen garden Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yes, running latest version, that's why i posted, i've never had a problem before i think it's a fantastic recovery. I've made backups before and deleted backups, in fact it has saved me from bricking my phone twice. Once it got me out of a bootloop, and the best one is when i accidentally deleted a system app and got the blue fastboot screen, i pulled the battery and zengarden let me in to flash a new rom.

I don't know what happened the other day, it was real buggy, but everything seems fine now.

PBear SF

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
The MD5 checksum shown under ZenGarden-Touch-Recovery.zip appears to be completely wrong (I downloaded the file twice -- both downloads identical at 4.83 MB -- and that checksum isn't even close to the file's actual MD5). And shouldn't there be checksums shown for the two main image downloads as well? :)

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
The MD5 checksum shown under ZenGarden-Touch-Recovery.zip appears to be completely wrong (I downloaded the file twice -- both downloads identical at 4.83 MB -- and that checksum isn't even close to the file's actual MD5). And shouldn't there be checksums shown for the two main image downloads as well? :)

You are correct ... i posted that on the thread over at AF, never got an answer, i chose to download it anyway. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol