Optimus S roms on Optimus V

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I read that any Optimus S roms with CM7 and CM9 could work on the OV.... Is that true? Or do only some of them work or none at all? I wouldnt like to brick my phone..... Again.

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Cold as Ice (cm9) will work on the optimus v.
You need The powerkey fix, hyrokernal and Possibly IcsGapps
Powerkey- To fix the buttons
Kernal- More stable, and Camera

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Cold as Ice (cm9) will work on the optimus v.
You need The powerkey fix, hyrokernal and Possibly IcsGapps
Powerkey- To fix the buttons
Kernal- More stable, and Camera

Hydrokernel is no more needed or compatible with cold as ice 10 or 11(note: 11 is only for testing)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
It might improve battery life, performance etc. but it is not compatible for right now i tried it and your screen gets completely messed up colors inverted and its ugly

Not my experience. CAI runs beautifully on my Optimus V, the screen looks great, camera works, videocam didn't work but videocam illusion (free app) works fine.
I installed using CWM-Green with no problems. My OV has the older screen, originally came with Froyo 2.2.1
If it wasn't for requiring the button fix, and the Sprint at the bottom of my drop-down notification, it could pass for native OV. The notification changed after a bit and now reads Virgin Mobile:cool:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
For the record... every last single Optimus S rom will work on our Optimus Vs. Go Flash yourself senseless now with these new possibilities. Just keep sure not to flash a radio image.

theexile1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
not realy good advice just stay away from thoes but if u "accidentaly" do you can use the vm update to restore it to virgin mobile. have fun :p