I read that any Optimus S roms with CM7 and CM9 could work on the OV.... Is that true? Or do only some of them work or none at all? I wouldnt like to brick my phone..... Again.
    05-31-2012 08:42 PM
    Cold as Ice (cm9) will work on the optimus v.
    You need The powerkey fix, hyrokernal and Possibly IcsGapps
    Powerkey- To fix the buttons
    Kernal- More stable, and Camera
    05-31-2012 09:18 PM
    Cold as Ice (cm9) will work on the optimus v.
    You need The powerkey fix, hyrokernal and Possibly IcsGapps
    Powerkey- To fix the buttons
    Kernal- More stable, and Camera
    Hydrokernel is no more needed or compatible with cold as ice 10 or 11(note: 11 is only for testing)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-31-2012 09:40 PM
    Hydrokernel is no more needed or compatible with cold as ice 10 or 11(note: 11 is only for testing)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    I thought it was still needed ;o Anyways, just read the forum page and the op
    05-31-2012 10:04 PM
    I thought it was still needed ;o Anyways, just read the forum page and the op
    It might improve battery life, performance etc. but it is not compatibe for right now i tried it and your screen gets completely messed up colors inverted and its ugly
    05-31-2012 10:34 PM
    It might improve battery life, performance etc. but it is not compatible for right now i tried it and your screen gets completely messed up colors inverted and its ugly
    Not my experience. CAI runs beautifully on my Optimus V, the screen looks great, camera works, videocam didn't work but videocam illusion (free app) works fine.
    I installed using CWM-Green with no problems. My OV has the older screen, originally came with Froyo 2.2.1
    If it wasn't for requiring the button fix, and the Sprint at the bottom of my drop-down notification, it could pass for native OV. The notification changed after a bit and now reads Virgin Mobile
    05-31-2012 11:09 PM
    For the record... every last single Optimus S rom will work on our Optimus Vs. Go Flash yourself senseless now with these new possibilities. Just keep sure not to flash a radio image.
    05-31-2012 11:31 PM
    As long as its zvd (no calls and data any other baseband)
    06-01-2012 04:38 AM
    not realy good advice just stay away from thoes but if u "accidentaly" do you can use the vm update to restore it to virgin mobile. have fun
    06-01-2012 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD