So, after quite a bit of trying I finally got actual numbers. The guide I'm following states I'm supposed to have 32 numbers, but it doesn't really give a clear example.
    The "numbers" I have don't total 32. There's also a few letters.
    can anyone give me a better idea of what my output is supposed to be?
    Btw, the program I'm using is QXDM.
    I can't get them out of anything else, even the lab version of LGNPST shows blanks ...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-01-2012 01:14 PM
    So, after quite a bit of trying I finally got actual numbers. The guide I'm following states I'm supposed to have 32 numbers, but it doesn't really give a clear example.
    The "numbers" I have don't total 32. There's also a few letters.
    can anyone give me a better idea of what my output is supposed to be?
    Btw, the program I'm using is QXDM.
    I can't get them out of anything else, even the lab version of LGNPST shows blanks ...

Yeah your doing that wrong. What you need to do is to first run lgnpst lab. Hit read enter your msl if it'snot already 000000 then open dfs and it will read them. This video I made should help you. If you have any other questions look at my other videos even if they aren't for the same phone.

P.S one thing that I like to do is to hook up both phones (if your doing what I think) and in dfs read from the v then write to the other phone.
    06-01-2012 10:55 PM
    It's 20, not 32.

The passcode in plain english is 10 characters, in hex, it's 2 per character.
    Also.. DFS is much easier to use. Doing it the way you are will be much harder.
    06-01-2012 10:55 PM
    It's 20, not 32.

The passcode in plain english is 10 characters, in hex, it's 2 per character.
    Also.. DFS is much easier to use. Doing it the way you are will be much harder.
    Beat ya!

LOL
    06-01-2012 10:59 PM
    Beat ya!

LOL
    06-01-2012 11:05 PM
    Yeah your doing that wrong. What you need to do is to first run lgnpst lab. Hit read enter your msl if it'snot already 000000 then open dfs and it will read them. This video I made should help you. If you have any other questions look at my other videos even if they aren't for the same phone.

P.S one thing that I like to do is to hook up both phones (if your doing what I think) and in dfs read from the v then write to the other phone.
    It's funny, I had already watched your video. Does it matter what version of dfs I use?
    yours was 3.1.1, when I went to their site its 4.03. Is that going to make a difference? Reason I ask, when I clicked read the AAA keys an ha key boxes were empty.
    and yes, I read the phone in lgnpst first. .

Edited: I was able to find 3.1.1 and get it to work. Fyi, mine was hidden under profile 2.
    06-01-2012 11:45 PM
    The links to everything you need are in the video description. I know you found it and are good to go but in case someone else reads this.
    06-02-2012 06:27 PM
    Just found this. It's an open source cdma workshop type program. Haven't tried it yet but gonna.
    06-02-2012 09:43 PM
    Anyone have problems with the AAA password (10 characters) not saving/writting? I followed the video, but after a reboot of the phone I updated the info on, the old AAA password keeps re-appearing? (in DFS)

Kinda has me scratching my head. As the other info I updated did stick.
    I must of redid it over 100 times by now, and it never sticks.
    06-20-2012 09:17 PM
    Did you zero out your Meid first?

06-20-2012 10:50 PM
    Yes I did. Guess I can start from scratch and see if starting from square one helps.
    06-20-2012 11:11 PM
    Is that video the same concept for obtaining the AAA key for the LG Marquee? Thanks.
    06-21-2012 02:55 PM
    Is that video the same concept for obtaining the AAA key for the LG Marquee? Thanks.
    exactly
    06-21-2012 05:55 PM
    Anyone have problems with the AAA password (10 characters) not saving/writting? I followed the video, but after a reboot of the phone I updated the info on, the old AAA password keeps re-appearing? (in DFS)

Kinda has me scratching my head. As the other info I updated did stick.
    I must of redid it over 100 times by now, and it never sticks.
    I am having the same problem. I am trying to change the AAA password in profile 1. I use QPST to type it in, hit write to phone, but when the phone resets it has the original aaa password. Anyone figure out the solution.
    07-12-2012 08:26 PM
    Make sure your looking at both profiles. Mine was not under 1, it was under 2.

07-13-2012 11:57 AM
    Yes I did. Guess I can start from scratch and see if starting from square one helps.
    I'm on the same boat. Here is what I did:

1. Had to use CDMA WS 2.7 to zero ESN out for the optimus s (no zero MEID option in CDMA workshop, and the DFS did not work for ESN/MEID zero out)

with DFS 4.0.4 demo
    2. change HA/AAA in profile 0 and write to phone (with user name being my MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com). in "data" tab, I had AN username: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com, change AN password and AN password long with the 32 bit AAA I got from the donor (checked "password" checkbox)

3. reboot the phone and use LGNPST read NV+DFS read, I saw profile 0's AAA sticks to the value I wrote, but the username blanked out

4. Changed back ESN/MEID, and had to change MIN and MDN (they got zero out too when I changed ESN to 00000).

5. reboot the phone, check the profile 0 value, AAA changed back to another value (tried the process several time, everytime I ended up with the same value).

So what did I do wrong?
    09-04-2012 11:07 PM
    I'm on the same boat. Here is what I did:

1. Had to use CDMA WS 2.7 to zero ESN out for the optimus s (no zero MEID option in CDMA workshop, and the DFS did not work for ESN/MEID zero out)

with DFS 4.0.4 demo
    2. change HA/AAA in profile 0 and write to phone (with user name being my MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com). in "data" tab, I had AN username: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com, change AN password and AN password long with the 32 bit AAA I got from the donor (checked "password" checkbox)

3. reboot the phone and use LGNPST read NV+DFS read, I saw profile 0's AAA sticks to the value I wrote, but the username blanked out

4. Changed back ESN/MEID, and had to change MIN and MDN (they got zero out too when I changed ESN to 00000).

5. reboot the phone, check the profile 0 value, AAA changed back to another value (tried the process several time, everytime I ended up with the same value).

So what did I do wrong?

DFS doesn't erase the esn it will write one though. Did you make the shortcut to cdg2 with anycut to change the carrier?
    09-05-2012 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD