Ok I bought a phone with a busted screen that wasnt rooted or had a custom recovery for that matter so I replaced the screen on the phone with one from a spare optimus S I had from my days with Sprint...SO naturally I got the black screen but fortunately even with the black screen I was able to get the phone into USB Debugging mode and used Screen cast to Root and install a custom recovery. on the phone now I want to install the proper Kernel and a ROM that works with activation.apk so once I get the screen issue fixed I can get the phone activated so does anyone have any suggestions...AT THIS point I still have the black screen but can connect with adb and screencast to see what im doing..

BTW I read the thread about the black screen issues and just tried to flash the picasticks 07a.zip kernel hoping that would fix the screen issue but it didnt so Im close but still not there yet.

ANY HELP WOULD BE AMAZING..
    06-01-2012 10:14 PM
    Harmonia 1.x will fix the screen and has the Activate app on it.
    06-01-2012 10:48 PM
    Only roms currently that have activation are harmonia 1, bumblebee resurrected, and stock. Idk what you're gonna do about the screen thing...
    06-01-2012 10:49 PM
    The froyo ROMs have the activation app working.

ETA's kill puppies. So please stop asking for ETA's.
    06-01-2012 10:49 PM
    Ok so I did a back up, wiped everything, flashed the Harmonia 1.8 OV.zip and rebooted and still get the black screen.. the rom is working though and the phone booted up fine.. Any other suggestions..

Oh I even reinstalled this screen back on the Optimus S just to double check it still works and it does so I am at a loss right now..any other suggestions??
    06-02-2012 12:19 AM
    Some newer phones don't like being flashed, re-flash Harmonia once or twice more, if that fails, try the Picasticks remix kernel.
    eliment likes this.
    06-02-2012 12:37 AM
    YESSSSSSSSSS!!!! I was about to give up but gave the picasticks remix kernel a try and it worked..only thing is the phone goes thru the whole boot up with a black screen then when its fully booted I have to turn the screen off then on again for the screen to work. Do you know why that is.. at this point I dont care as long as the screen finally works but if I come this far and its and easy fix I might as well go all the way.. LeslieAnn I can't thank you enough!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOU THANK YOU...LOL

btw I do apologize for all the questions..I hope I am not getting on anyones nerves..
    06-02-2012 01:01 AM
    I would say reboot a few times. Just to get it really going. Should fix it. I had the same issue with a new ov and now I'm good to go.

Tapatalkin' from my Harmonious HoneyCombSandwich
    06-02-2012 04:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD