I broke my screen a while back and fixed it. When all was done and my phone working again I ended up with a bag o parts and 2 extra batteries.

So I rebuilt one of the phones into this battery charger.

That phone is the Optimus S that I cannibalized the screen from to fix mine.

Just snapped the main board into the housing without buttons. Left the broken screen out too. Insert a battery and plug it in and works as expected.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sent from my Frankensteined Optimus V Running IHO Mirage. If I break & fix it again, I am renaming it to Mumm-Ra The Ever Living!
    notown and flapjack.fiasco like this.
    06-03-2012 01:38 AM
    thats pretty neat. have you had issues w/ it - over heating your batteries ? does it know when to stop charging?
    06-03-2012 11:33 AM
    thats pretty neat. have you had issues w/ it - over heating your batteries ? does it know when to stop charging?
    No issues with heat.
    It's just a phone with out buttons and screen.
    It fully boots into the OS, but if you just pop a battery in it will go into offline charge mode. Since it's still fully functional software wise it does know when to stop charging the battery.
    notown likes this.
    06-03-2012 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD