[MOD] Beats Audio for LG Optimus

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, but did I mention buying a new phone? The fact that you think buying a different Android phone can increase sound quality means you have no idea what you are talking about.

Except it already is "right" when it's mastered. At least, that's the ideal for producing music. If something is loudness mastered to begin with (compressed and made loud as because people are idiots) then you can't use a DSP to fix that. You also can't add bass to ty headphones. Think of a car rattling when someone installs a sub and how terrible that sounds. The same concept applies here.

This doesn't boost the sound. It gives you a bass heavy unbalanced sound that will sound terrible on anything that doesn't have nice bass properties to begin with. If you want to boost how something sounds then you need an amp of some sort. This is a basic one:

Amazon.com: FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier: Electronics

Placebo effect and people not knowing any better because they've never heard better sound quality to begin with. Example: Anyone who thinks ipod earbuds sound good, buys Beats products, Bose products, or Skull Candy products.

You thinking its an equalizer and it only gives unbalanced bass proves that you don't know what you are talking about. Just let it go. Just because you don't want.better sound doesn't mean that anyone else has to follow your footsteps if they want better sound. No one is making you download it so just go.

Reactions: nitestalkr

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Get the version that includes DSP.

My rom has tweaks built in. :p
32805108-e5a2-fdc3.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

magus7091

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay apparently I missed the fireworks, but a little processing on a low quality audio chipset is far from placebo. Bass isn't all this is about, I'm actually running with dsp set to -1.8 on the low end to counteract the uber-bass increase, it sounds fantastic. Before my headphones sounded muffled, now the audio is clearer, and louder. Compared side by side on two OVs purchased at the same time, running the same file using the same headphones the difference is audible. Show me solid proof that this mod does nothing that can't be done FOR FREE without it, and I'll back down. Until such time, everyone who yearns for better sound needs to try this.

This is what android is all about. The sky is the limit people. Push your hardware, keep hacking, tweaking and push it to the limits. Don't let others opinions color your own. It's your phone, make it your own.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: nitestalkr

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay apparently I missed the fireworks, but a little processing on a low quality audio chipset is far from placebo. Bass isn't all this is about, I'm actually running with dsp set to -1.8 on the low end to counteract the uber-bass increase, it sounds fantastic. Before my headphones sounded muffled, now the audio is clearer, and louder. Compared side by side on two OVs purchased at the same time, running the same file using the same headphones the difference is audible. Show me solid proof that this mod does nothing that can't be done FOR FREE without it, and I'll back down. Until such time, everyone who yearns for better sound needs to try this.

This is what android is all about. The sky is the limit people. Push your hardware, keep hacking, tweaking and push it to the limits. Don't let others opinions color your own. It's your phone, make it your own.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

WOOT!! I'm glad it worked for you :D

Tried this on the optimus m, it works :)

Amazing! Now its verified working on OV and OM

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
One of the reason that Beats Audio helps with sound guilty is because artificial sound reproduction is not used like in DSPManager. OM-Mandylion has the artificial sound reproduction removed, leaving just the EQ and now sounds pretty much like Beats, but with smaller install.

Another thing some of the sound settings that is used by Beats can damage the cheaper headphones and headsets, Beats is designed for headphones that cost upwards of 50 dollars plus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1