06-08-2012 03:44 PM
26 12
tools
    I'm tired of the crap launcher on Backside IHO/CM7. Is there a stock gingerbread launcher I could install? And Is there a way to remove the launcher AND the adw launcher menu/configuration in the settings?
    06-05-2012 04:26 PM
    yes,use system tuner from play store to uninstall adw,be sure to pick a replacement launcher and install it first,then uninstall adw. as for a good replacement,the market offers an assortment to choose from. try a few out and see which you like,then remove adw. you can also remove other things like gmail,email,gallery,etc with system tuner and just use an appropriate replacement from market. quick pic is a great gallery replacement as is k-9 mail.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-05-2012 04:39 PM
    As soon as you uninstall adw launcher, the settings for it dissapear as well.
    06-05-2012 04:42 PM
    You can pull launcher2 (stock gb launcher) from my rom and use a terminal emulation or adb to push it to /system/app and delete ADWLauncher. Or I think there is a zip on the iho wiki that'll install launcher2.
    06-05-2012 04:44 PM
    yes,use system tuner from play store to uninstall adw,be sure to pick a replacement launcher and install it first,then uninstall adw. as for a good replacement,the market offers an assortment to choose from. try a few out and see which you like,then remove adw. you can also remove other things like gmail,email,gallery,etc with system tuner and just use an appropriate replacement from market. quicks pic is a great gallery replacement as is k-9 mail.

I had just found system tuner when I read this. I knew as much but I was hoping for a pure stock gingerbread launcher >< thanks for the extra info tho
    06-05-2012 04:46 PM
    As soon as you uninstall adw launcher, the settings for it dissapear as well.
    Are you sure about that? Ill see
    06-05-2012 04:46 PM
    haven't tried this one yet,but its only 768 kb and looks like it has some features for such a small footprint. ics styled launcher https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.hololauncher

06-05-2012 04:48 PM
    You can pull launcher2 (stock gb launcher) from my rom and use a terminal emulation or adb to push it to /system/app and delete ADWLauncher. Or I think there is a zip on the iho wiki that'll install launcher2.
    Thanks. that's the name of the launcher I was had at the tip of my tongue. Could you link Me to the wiki?
    06-05-2012 04:48 PM
    Thanks. that's the name of the launcher I was had at the tip of my tongue. Could you link Me to the wiki?
    I'm on my phone so I can't grab it too easy. But its in the second post in my rom thread
    06-05-2012 04:51 PM
    You can also delete and add what you want to the Rom itself. I do it on the phone with Astro or from my Linux box. Just have to flash it after that.

06-05-2012 04:55 PM
    Thanks for all the help guys!!! Holo Launchet looks promising but Im staying with launcher2. Its downloading now c:
    I like that idea of changing the things in the rom :o ill try it one day.
    06-05-2012 04:58 PM
    Zeam is a nice choice also. It's fast and bare, like launcher2.

This space intentionally left blank.
    06-05-2012 10:09 PM
    I'm tired of the crap launcher on Backside IHO/CM7. Is there a stock gingerbread launcher I could install? And Is there a way to remove the launcher AND the adw launcher menu/configuration in the settings?
    Launcher Pro is the way to go for me and oh I'm on hamonia 2.08 got the wifey's and my ov

The depths of America
    06-06-2012 12:39 AM
    +1 for holo launcher. From first glance it's hard to tell it's not ics

06-06-2012 04:32 AM
    06-06-2012 04:33 AM
    +1 for zeam. I used it for a long time until I started with go launcher for customization. Zeam is lightweight, snappy and fairly customizable for what it is, and if simple and fast is what you want, it doesn't get much better. Not one for the stock launcher and if I want a themed setup, I'd rather just go with a themeable launcher so that changing style doesn't mean changing launchers. Just my 2&#162;.

06-06-2012 07:25 AM
    Thanks for all the help guys!!! Holo Launchet looks promising but Im staying with launcher2. Its downloading now c:
    I like that idea of changing the things in the rom :o ill try it one day.
    You do know you can replace launcher's at will, right? You don't even need to remove them (though on our phones we should to save room.)

Good GB launchers:

Zeam
    ADW EX
    Holo
    Nemus
    06-06-2012 07:58 PM
    haven't tried this one yet,but its only 768 kb and looks like it has some features for such a small footprint. ics styled launcher https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.hololauncher

Holo Launcher lags and the animations don't look so nice, there are definitely way better launchers
    available.

Zeam is a nice choice also. It's fast and bare, like launcher2.

This space intentionally left blank.
    I would go for Zeam Launcher

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    06-07-2012 12:09 AM
    I've been running holiday for a while. The keep app in memory checkbox it making it run like a dream. This is the only launcher I've found that doesn't freeze when I first unlock the phone

06-07-2012 02:28 AM
    im running GO launcher ex with the Future World skin

link to my phone
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post1839686
    06-07-2012 10:21 PM
    im running GO launcher ex with the Future World skin

link to my phone
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post1839686
    the only downside i recall to zeam and a few others is that rotation doesnt or didn't work on homescreen when i rotated the phone. but that isn't a big issue really. go launcher used to be kick *ss but i cant stand the new styling and the past few updates before the current became sluggish over time. i dont like the oddities in adw ex like long press icon and the graphics disappear when you select an option in the pop up menu..to me that's annoying and makes the app amateurish and unpolished. not worth a purchase. also the blue grid lines when moving an icon around on homescreens. also annoying and just looks weird to me. seems to be a crap shoot on finding a launcher that does what you like (go launcher) and hasn't become bloated crap and laggy (go launcher).

06-07-2012 11:20 PM
    curtis is right. go launcher is sluggish on the stock rom. with backside it works very good(surprisingly) i actually only used it because i had it already on my sd card and on backside it works well. the main menu pulls up slow still but not laggy when going into menu or switching screens. and i realyy like the future world look.......... wonder if i could write it to another launcher?
    06-07-2012 11:35 PM
    installed holo launcher last night. very fast,has a surprising amount of features for such a small app. to me it is just as functional as go or adw. ill be using this one as my primary launcher :thumbup:

06-08-2012 01:42 PM
    installed holo launcher last night. very fast,has a surprising amount of features for such a small app. to me it is just as functional as go or adw. ill be using this one as my primary launcher :thumbup:

Ok but does holo allow you to hide apps? I'm sorry but that's an ESSENTIAL feature for me, if a launcher doesn't do that, I'll stick to GO.

PS, regarding Jared's comment, it actually has a lot to do with your setup. I am running a minimal setup with approx 50MB of apps, and GO Launcher has never been sluggish. For me
    Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2
    06-08-2012 03:08 PM
    yeah,menu key-hide apps

06-08-2012 03:15 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD