ok i have lg optimus v running backside i.h.o 7.2.... trying to change boot animation and is not working. i found the default boot animation in System/media, no boot animation in data/local. i have tried it multiple ways and none of them have work. any clues or am i just looking in the wrong place(using Root explorer).

o and if i extracted the rom and placed a diffrent boot animation in it and reflashed would that work????????
    06-07-2012 10:47 PM
    settings>cyanogenmod settings>interface>pick bootanimation... or copy your bootanimation to system>media... or do both... :-)
    06-07-2012 10:54 PM
    tried it multiple times doesn't switch
    06-07-2012 11:08 PM
    Rename the bootanimation that you want to bootanimation.zip and delete the unwanted one.

ETA's kill puppies. Sent from my _______ using Tapatalk.
    06-07-2012 11:46 PM
    sorry wasn't very clear. have renamed the file,permissions, tried different programs, still no dice.......?
    06-07-2012 11:54 PM
    using the interface option, did you wait until the popup toast appeared and said " successfully blablabla?...
    06-08-2012 01:36 AM
    yes says move is successful but really isn't
    06-08-2012 02:40 AM
    Use a root capable file manager, make sure the system is mounted as r/w and the file has superuser permission. Then it it's as simple as copy and pasting the bootanimation.zip from your sd card to system/media. I do it every time I update my ROM. Just make sure to delete the original boot animation first.
    jaredw444 likes this.
    06-08-2012 03:56 AM
    done all that... read before you reply and what do you mean make sure the file has super user permission? you mean root explorer.(which mine does)

And no ones answered the second ?. If i Extract all the rom files and go in and replace the boot image with in the rom it self, then re-zip the file then flash would that work?

Could i write the command to play the boot animation in build.prop???
    06-08-2012 04:08 AM
    If i Extract all the rom files and go in and replace the boot image with in the rom it self, then re-zip the file then flash would that work?
    sorry, i was at work... just open the rom zip, navigate to system media, remove the other boot animations... (leave the window open)... drag your anime to the zip and let it go... cpu should add files to archive... move it to your sd, wipe/format/flash, and you should be good to go... :-)
    jaredw444 likes this.
    06-08-2012 05:07 AM
    no go..............
    06-08-2012 05:24 AM
    It could be the boot animation itself. It may not be compatible Could you upload or give us link to it so someone could test it?
    06-08-2012 06:22 AM
    Ok here's the link for the animation

[BOOT ANIMATION] lg packman and aperture laboratories - xda-developers

trying to do the PAC man one

it is made for optimus, it you look at the text its formatted right has it set to 320 480, which is the screen for optimus.
    06-08-2012 06:51 AM
    ok got it to work...finally. idk what happen i just re-flashed iho backside and move the files over and the boot animation works now.

Does any one know how to get rid of the IHO Backside boot animation??????

Thanks for everyones ideas.
    06-08-2012 07:26 AM
    i had a feeling it was a case of a bad flash/incomplete or missing files... im glad you got it figured out... :-)
    why would you want to remove the developers logo?...
    06-08-2012 08:19 AM
    If you're referring to the splash screen, I believe that is built into the boot.img.
    06-08-2012 08:23 AM
    gotcha i was just wondering or if the developer may have a different one. hey can i take photos and make them into a boot animation.. i tried it the normal way. turning the pics into png and a jpeg file. wrote the desc.txt file and zipped but all i get is a black screen. i'd really like to have like a power point slide show of my son on my boot
    06-08-2012 09:36 AM
    i dont see why not... pics were sized and compression was set to store?...
    06-08-2012 11:25 AM
    got it running......
    thanks to everyone here
    and to despotovski01 over at xda.
    he has made a program to easily see your boot animations and set them up

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1096068

theres a link to him over at xda(don't know if hes on android central.
    06-08-2012 12:00 PM
    It looks like the Backside developer put in the animation in a non-standard way. If you open up the boot.img and extract the ramdisk, there's a folder called "bootimages" in the top-level directory. Inside that are 11 rle images that make up the backside boot animation (the android turning around to show his backside).

Then in init.thunderc.rc, there's a few lines of startup script ("service bootlogo /sbin/bootlogo") that runs a binary in sbin called "bootlogo".

In short, removing or replacing the backside animation requires actually making changes to the ramdisk in the boot image, not just tinkering with images in /system/media, /data/local, or even framework-res.apk.

It may easier to just start with a different ROM!
    08-06-2012 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD