backstory: my phone has never been activated. i am uber cheap and use grooveIP etc etc etc but i decided i want to activate my phone so i made a nandroid and loaded the stock rom up just to see if i could still do it. the stock rom works like it should, although i'm still not ready to activate just yet.

so i restore my aokp alpha 10 final nandroid and all goes normally but now it wont boot...i've been staring at the unicorn screen for ten minutes now. i know the first boot is always the longest but this is out of control.

i have a 1gb sd-ext partition.

also...i have a backside IHO nandroid that works fine.

i have also tried to just re-flash a fresh copy of the rom, again all goes normally until i try to boot.

am i missing something here?
    06-09-2012 12:10 AM
    did you wipe before flashing?
    06-09-2012 12:13 AM
    did you wipe before flashing?
    i did the factory/data wipe, cache, data, system, and boot wipe

:/
    06-09-2012 12:20 AM
    realistically, how long should that first boot take?
    06-09-2012 12:22 AM
    i did the factory/data wipe, cache, data, system, and boot wipe

:/
    Did u go to Advanced submenu, wipe dalvik-cache. ??
    Sent from my AT100
    06-09-2012 12:23 AM
    Did u go to Advanced submenu, wipe dalvik-cache. ??
    Sent from my AT100
    yes i have.
    06-09-2012 12:27 AM
    realistically, how long should that first boot take?
    Mine took like two to five mins

Sent from my AT100
    06-09-2012 12:28 AM
    I'd flash iho (ur backup) download everything again the rom gapps everything. Then try flashing?

Sent from my AT100
    droiddekka likes this.
    06-09-2012 12:30 AM
    im about to restore my ICS nandroid again...then run "fix permissions" and see what happens.

if that doesnt do it i'm gonna try your method.

this is ridiculous tho. i restore nandroids all the time and this has never happened.
    topdawg661 likes this.
    06-09-2012 12:32 AM
    im about to restore my ICS nandroid again...then run "fix permissions" and see what happens.

if that doesnt do it i'm gonna try your method.

this is ridiculous tho. i restore nandroids all the time and this has never happened.
    Like Forrest gump once said "crap happens" PG version ^___^ I hope the best for you tho!

Sent from my AT100
    06-09-2012 12:34 AM
    i guess my nandroid went bad.

flashed to IHO...then flashed aokp10final. now i'm back in business.

man there are lots of random reboots happening now. sigh.
    topdawg661 likes this.
    06-09-2012 09:39 AM
    i guess my nandroid went bad.

flashed to IHO...then flashed aokp10final. now i'm back in business.

man there are lots of random reboots happening now. sigh.
    Which ics are u using?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-09-2012 09:52 AM
    on a side note : the activate function in stock rom rarely works correctly. most users end up having to call vm to activate their device. either the activate app just cant connect to proceed or if it does,it borks the last step and gives off an internal error code. and vm uses this same apk on atleast one other android,the intercept and it has the same issues. may have went through all this for something that generally doesn't work to begin with.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    topdawg661 and droiddekka like this.
    06-09-2012 10:06 AM
    on a side note : the activate function in stock rom rarely works correctly. most users end up having to call vm to activate their device. either the activate app just cant connect to proceed or if it does,it borks the last step and gives off an internal error code. and vm uses this same apk on atleast one other android,the intercept and it has the same issues. may have went through all this for something that generally doesn't work to begin with.
    so i can just call the 800 number on the VM website and activate my phone that way, regardless of the rom i'm running? all they need is my MEID # right?
    06-09-2012 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD