[ROM][PORT] Joyfully Optimus - Ios Gingerbread Rom!!!

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow. This ROM is amazing. I really love it. But can somebody tell me where I can change the location of the clock? I can't find it. Haha.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
What are the advantages of ilauncher over espier launcher?

And Torch, in your new port, could you implement some of the things lemon suggested to get it even more ios looking? Specifically the browser, maybe the launcher, the iphone notifications and the keyboard? :) Or would that be way too much work?

It's not that it's too much work, it's just the things he suggested are to download apps, and I can't include apps unless the developer give me permission to do so :(

Reactions: notown

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
You should continue work on this rom!! :) Like maybe fix the chinese. change the status bar and notification dropdown to make it more ios looking. That's my request :)

Im sorry but the notification drawer already looks preety accurate to ios 5 XD

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/06/ios-notifications-sidebyside.jpg

and so does the status bar

http://cdn.iphonehacks.com/images/2011/06/features_notification_lockscreen.jpg

Ill try to make it a little more transparent though...

and I can edit and remove the green color of 3g, but the change of color lets the user know that 3g is active...what color should it be changed to?:0

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the tease :/

I just looked into mookeos and every available rom on their webiste is for HDPI devices, and we have a MDPI device :/ and from my knowledge, it's near impossible to port :/

but, I'm still looking for a new project :D

Thats ok :D cant wait to see your new project. Still willing to test if you need testers. Just shoot me a PM if you decide to :)

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Reactions: torch2424

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
This rom has inaccurate 3G reception for me. Said I had full bars in my house when I'm supposed to have 0-2 :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Im sorry but the notification drawer already looks preety accurate to ios 5 XD

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/06/ios-notifications-sidebyside.jpg

and so does the status bar

http://cdn.iphonehacks.com/images/2011/06/features_notification_lockscreen.jpg

Ill try to make it a little more transparent though...

Err... Actually I was wondering if it were possible to get an always black status bar? The transparency doesn't show my clock too well when in lockscreen. The tray on the other hand is gorgeous, don?t change anything but the Chinese!

Speaking of the lockscreen, could you possibly tear through the CarolineHD3.mtz theme and see if there's a way to add their message handling method to get texts notifications on the lockscreen? Unless there is a setting I missed some where? If so could you please point it out? Thanks!

Never mind it just started working.

and I can edit and remove the green color of 3g, but the change of color lets the user know that 3g is active...what color should it be changed to?:0

Ummm... Shouldn't it be the same colors as the WiFi icons? A sort of grey when not active and a kind of off white when receiving signal?

Also, noticed the download icon is also still green. Shouldn't it be the same color as described above?

Also I noticed a slight overlap in the way the messaging app displayed the name of the person you're texting. Would it be possible to somehow center the names of people to prevent this? See the part I circled in red:

screenshot1339599205129.jpg

Regardless, I remain in love with this port and thankful for your efforts at porting it. Thanks! :thumbup:

Last edited:

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
This rom has inaccurate 3G reception for me. Said I had full bars in my house when I'm supposed to have 0-2 :p

Maybe it's a virgin mobile thing? What Ive noticed with past roms is when I have 2 bars I have the most signal, but when I had 4 I had the least :/, this rom(for me) seems to accurately represent signal,because now when I have 4 bars 3g is like ZOOOOMMMSKDJFKJSDB FJKBDFJKGJKJKFNGJKADFNKJN!!!

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Err... Actually I was wondering if it were possible to get an always black status bar? The transparency doesn't show my clock too well when in lockscreen. The tray on the other hand is gorgeous, don?t change anything but the Chinese!

Speaking of the lockscreen, could you possibly tear through the CarolineHD3.mtz theme and see if there's a way to add their message handling method to get texts notifications on the lockscreen? Unless there is a setting I missed some where? If so could you please point it out? Thanks!

Never mind it just started working.

Ummm... Shouldn't it be the same colors as the WiFi icons? A sort of grey when not active and a kind of off white when receiving signal?

Also, noticed the download icon is also still green. Shouldn't it be the same color as described above?

Also I noticed a slight overlap in the way the messaging app displayed the name of the person you're texting. Would it be possible to somehow center the names of people to prevent this? See the part I circled in red:

Click to view quoted image

Regardless, I remain in love with this port and thankful for your efforts at porting it. Thanks! :thumbup:

These are All SystemUI.apk tweaks :0 so............YES I can fix most of your annoyances :D Ive been getting quite good at apktool(Im learning ALOT from porting this rom) and You'll see alot of annoying things removed in the next build, I promise :D (The reason why it's taking me so long, is because im trying to use build.prop tweaks for better battery life)

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Cool!! touch don't rush, take your time don't feel pressure :) its your rom and post your update when your ready :D I got plenty of time!

Reactions: inceyet

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Torch didn't check to see if anyone reported BT issues.... 1. It does connect to my BT (btw I mostly use this at work to listen to my music) it will work great. 2 as soon as I pause or stop it's like it looses connection and won't reconnect. Then I gotta pair it back up completely again to use the BT
Hope this was useful.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: torch2424

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
By the way, I don't know if this is a typo or the word is too long, but this is what "Artist" reads as in the music. Hopefully I'm not the second or third person posting this either.

42570235-fb04-c8ca.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of the music app, is there any way to get the MIUI version with iPhone teeming? I swear I should have more options but don't in settings. IIRC, it?s possible to tell the MIUI player to use embedded images for music covers? All I know is that I'm missing album covers and have no way to add them.

Reactions: inceyet

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
This rom always seems to take an absurdly long time to build the cache on its first boot, and again if you restore Link2SD app cache. The important thing is not panicking and being patient.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Alright Guys, I might Update tonight :D I fixed the icons like bornagain penguin suggested, added build.prop tweaks for better performance and like a good amount more of battery :D like expect 9 hours at least of battery life, more than 12 with regular use :3 and right now Im working on the messaging and music apk :D and I apologize cloud buster, but I honestly don't know blue tooth that well, or anyone that could help me with it :/

But expect a REALLYYYYYY Good build tonight or tommorow night :D

(Oh, and the reson why I update so quick, Is because Im only 16 years young, and all I really do is skate XD and I needed a new hobby ever since gaming got boring, and became an android dev)

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Alright Guys, I might Update tonight :D I fixed the icons like bornagain penguin suggested, added build.prop tweaks for better performance and like a good amount more of battery :D like expect 9 hours at least of battery life, more than 12 with regular use :3 and right now Im working on the messaging and music apk :D and I apologize cloud buster, but I honestly don't know blue tooth that well, or anyone that could help me with it :/

But expect a REALLYYYYYY Good build tonight or tommorow night :D

(Oh, and the reson why I update so quick, Is because Im only 16 years young, and all I really do is skate XD and I needed a new hobby ever since gaming got boring, and became an android dev)

Lmbo that's what's up man good job and your work is very good keep it up and at least this keeps you out a lot of trouble lol:)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss