[ROM][PORT] Joyfully Optimus - Ios Gingerbread Rom!!!

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the latest build this morning. Mostly loving it so far. Have noticed a few quirks, though:
Previously, it was pretty rare for my data to drop to 1X, but it seems to be happening fairly often after flashing 2.0. Coincidence? It hasn't managed to re-acquire 3G signal on it's own. Only after toggling Airplane mode. There are some phantom notifications in the top bar. I don't have any new emails or texts, but it's telling me that apparently there's something I need to check. Battery life has been so-so, and it seems to get a bit warmer than usual.

As someone else mentioned, it'd be cool if you could move the 3G icon over to the left side of the notification bar with the signal bars. A few minor issues aside, I think the ROM is great. Thanks for making it.

Maybe you had a bad flash? All of those things that you mentioned are working right for me. I'd wipe everything and flash again.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
More than just that--is it possible to make a full sized 3G icon and have it flash from grey to white to demonstrate data flowing? The current one, while the right color still distracts from the overall illusion.

Also, minor annoyance, but if there a way to either add a button for reboot to recovery or hide it from displaying when doing a reboot? It too throws me out of the illusion... Unless of course I want to go to the recovery menu, then it's just perfect! :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Badboytoast

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry thanked you by mistake :) enjoy, to the point don't you guys thank your been kind hard on torch2424, asking for the perfect rom! I don't mean to sound mean:) but this is one of the most stable PORTS for the OV. Just my point of view! :cool:

Reactions: torch2424

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Torch - I've been using this ROM for about a week now. It has been a nice change from the usual. I gotta say I like your style - giving credit to everyone who made this possible. Don't lose that!
vura8.jpg

I did notice on UI text issue when receiving a call today -Thanks to some unfortunate text wrapping, the green and red buttons read:

ACCEP
T
and
DECLIN
E

Can't get a screenie as pressing the power-button declines the call.

Keep up the good work!

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't you guys thank your been kind hard on torch2424, asking for the perfect rom! I don't mean to sound mean:) but this is one of the most stable PORTS for the OV.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if Torch never produces a single update, I will still be happy as a pig in mud. This Rom is absolutely great as is, precisely because it is so stable. It could still be improved on.

When I post it is to provide suggestions, not intended to be a complaint. I don't care if Torch takes any of them into consideration; all I'm trying to do is offer ways to make a great thing superlative. I sincerely hope that Torch receives my comments in that manner.

I love this rom.

OP-Mod

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to throw a quick bug i found out there. I was trying to use the camcorder and sometimes it would record the sound if i did a reboot and went right into the camcorder, but if I closed out of it and went back in or waited a couple hours to record something it wouldn't record the sound, I'd get video no sound, goofed with all the settings for the audio recorder and no luck.. Not sure if it's just my phone or a bug others are having.

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Okay, First I would like to apologize for not responding in like 48 hours, I had a friends graduation, and a party to attend to XD

but now I will adress you all :) <3

@randomosity: I would try doing a full wipe, or maybe look into you facebook settings?

@DizmalDan Ummm I'm not getting that problem at all XD maybe sprint is doing something in your area? or try doing a wipe :)

@bornapengiun Yes, it does change from grey to white, I initially thought the same thing, but it does, it just takes a while, like watch like soon you'll randomly noticed, HEY IT DID CHANGE!!! :DDD like I did XD, oh and im sorry but I love that I have the option to choose reboot - then reboot or recovery...like thats one of my favorite things about custom roms, and I would go crazy without it XD sorry

and thank you for loving my rom, your suggestions have helped alot, and I take every one into consideration :)

@badboytoast AND @Everyone giving suggestions: Yes, you guys are a little hard on me, But I don't take it to heart, I understand that it is constructive criticism, and If i agree with your idea I try to implement it, and it just inspires me to do better :D

@RyanJKremer THANK YOU! and the only one working on this port is me really XD and I try to keep things different, but a good different, and I noticed that too in calling, and I WANT to fix it, but I cant seem to find how to change font size in apk's, if anybody could find a guide or a link, please share? <3

@OPMod I understand what you said, but can you like repost your bug in like steps, I get confused half way in :/

ALSO!!! Currently, I am working on a sense rom(which I highly doubt will work cause im not a super porter like GANON or Thaunkownartist quite yet, so please don't get you hopes up cause its like a 50-50 thing) and leslie dropped this like super cool froyo rom that was basically just the skeleton of a rom and like you could add what you please to it, so I'm going to try to make like the best rom ever, and ive been adding ideas to what the best OV rom ever would be..so expect that sometime soon-ish :D

randomosity117

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll try again. It could be an app comparability thing. It doesn't show in facebook settings at all. And yeah I was thinking about taking Leslie's rom and making an ics looking froyo rom :p this rom is superb, I just rely on facebook contact sync cuz I'm lazy XD

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'll try again. It could be an app comparability thing. It doesn't show in facebook settings at all. And yeah I was thinking about taking Leslie's rom and making an ics looking froyo rom :p this rom is superb, I just rely on facebook contact sync cuz I'm lazy XD

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

That's a good idea! :D I hope it works out for you :3

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
ALSO!!! Currently, I am working on a sense rom(which I highly doubt will work cause im not a super porter like GANON or Thaunkownartist quite yet, so please don't get you hopes up cause its like a 50-50 thing) and leslie dropped this like super cool froyo rom that was basically just the skeleton of a rom and like you could add what you please to it, so I'm going to try to make like the best rom ever, and ive been adding ideas to what the best OV rom ever would be..so expect that sometime soon-ish :D

I used the Rhode utility last night and it was cool, but the home button didn't work?

OP-Mod

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok sorry for the jumble i'm at work when I am on here looking for new roms.

OK the problem is the camcorder does not record the sound every time I use it.
Here's what I have noticed.

1. Camcorder works an records with sound directly after I reboot the phone.
2. If I reboot the phone and wait a couple hours and I try to record something it will record the video only with no sound.
3. I've played around with the sound recording setting in the camcorder and tried them all with no luck, I still can't get it to record video with sound unless it's a fresh reboot of the phone.

Hope that helps if you need any other info let me know, and I'll be able to describe it if I can.

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok sorry for the jumble i'm at work when I am on here looking for new roms.

OK the problem is the camcorder does not record the sound every time I use it.
Here's what I have noticed.

1. Camcorder works an records with sound directly after I reboot the phone.
2. If I reboot the phone and wait a couple hours and I try to record something it will record the video only with no sound.
3. I've played around with the sound recording setting in the camcorder and tried them all with no luck, I still can't get it to record video with sound unless it's a fresh reboot of the phone.

Hope that helps if you need any other info let me know, and I'll be able to describe it if I can.

Are you running the latest version of the build? It might be one of the battery saving tweaks I used :0

Reactions: OP-Mod

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Its a bug with cm7 :D down load a root file manager ,open the file manger,go to system,media,audio,ui and delete videorecord.ogg and this will solve the video noise issue or you could go under setting and mute camera sound :D

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

OP-Mod

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Its a bug with cm7 :D down load a root file manager ,open the file manger,go to system,media,audio,ui and delete videorecord.ogg and this will solve the video noise issue or you could go under setting and mute camera sound :D

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Worked great so far, Only tried it a couple times, so once some time goes by hopefully it will still be working. Thanks. :)

One other thing I found and anyone may be able to help me with this. But when I'm in a open message and I'm replying the screen won't rotate to landscape mode. I've played with the settings and just haven't had any luck with it. I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited:

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Worked great so far, Only tried it a couple times, so once some time goes by hopefully it will still be working. Thanks. :)

One other thing I found and anyone may be able to help me with this. But when I'm in a open message and I'm replying the screen won't rotate to landscape mode. I've played with the settings and just haven't had any luck with it. I'm open to suggestions.

Open Message? XD I'm sorry but I have sooo much trouble reading your posts :'(