[ROM][PORT] Joyfully Optimus - Ios Gingerbread Rom!!!

OP-Mod

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
When I have a text message open and I'm typing with the keyboard, it stays in portrait mode and won't switch to landscape mode. so i have to type on the tiny portrait sized keyboard instead of the larger landscaped keyboard. I've tried everything to get it to rotate to landscape.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
When I have a text message open and I'm typing with the keyboard, it stays in portrait mode and won't switch to landscape mode. so i have to type on the tiny portrait sized keyboard instead of the larger landscaped keyboard. I've tried everything to get it to rotate to landscape.

Do you have auto-rotate ON?

Your sensor might be broken..

Reactions: OP-Mod

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

Pull down your status bar, click switch, and make sure the rotation button is on(blue) :)

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
@Patrick Yes auto-rotate is on and lit blue and no my sensor is not broken it works with every other app.

Then its most likely the JOY MMS app :/ if it bothers you that much, I suggest downloading th go sms pro app, and then switching the theme to iphone if you want to keep the ios-like look :)

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Reporting back with some positives and negatives.
Positives:
The battery life is absurdly good... I am still running on the same charge I had about 2 days ago. That's with occasional use of 3g texting and calling. The other thing I am digging is how great my signal is. Like wow. Now the other great thing is the stability.. I have had ZERO force closes in two days. I am just in amazement at this ROM.

Few negatives are the following: In the notification bar the swipe to remove feature is sort of spotty. It works on some notifications then doesn't on others. There's some chinese here and there as you said and there are some typos (which have been reported already. glad I am not beating a dead horse by re-reporting).

I think some things I'd like to see would be the iPhone keyboard and iLauncher built in.
I bought iLauncher a few months ago and it's perfect for this and is 20x better than the previous version I was running.

All in all great ROM. with some updates it'd be amazing to see it progress further. It has potential to become even greater. Thanks for all of your hardwork Torch!! :D

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Reporting back with some positives and negatives.
Positives:
The battery life is absurdly good... I am still running on the same charge I had about 2 days ago. That's with occasional use of 3g texting and calling. The other thing I am digging is how great my signal is. Like wow. Now the other great thing is the stability.. I have had ZERO force closes in two days. I am just in amazement at this ROM.

Few negatives are the following: In the notification bar the swipe to remove feature is sort of spotty. It works on some notifications then doesn't on others. There's some chinese here and there as you said and there are some typos (which have been reported already. glad I am not beating a dead horse by re-reporting).

I think some things I'd like to see would be the iPhone keyboard and iLauncher built in.
I bought iLauncher a few months ago and it's perfect for this and is 20x better than the previous version I was running.

All in all great ROM. with some updates it'd be amazing to see it progress further. It has potential to become even greater. Thanks for all of your hardwork Torch!! :D

Awweee Thanks! :D your making me blush ;) hahahah Just kidding, hey Im going to post a new rom right now, it has really good performance,but the battery life isnt as good :/ but it's ics based, so check it out guys!!! :D

Reactions: Badboytoast

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
But yes, I will definitely look into it, and sorry or the lack of updates, I've been HARD at work on my new godzilla rom, but I FINALLYYY got it preety stable, so I plan on going back to this rom for a little bit, add some more tweaks, and fix the bugs people have been posting over the next couple of days :)

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait:)
On ilauncher how do we hide the downloaded apps. It keeps taking me to the uninstall window.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
@torch great job on this rom! Is very stable been using hotspot like for an hour and no reboots or acting up! No problems to report here thank!:D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys, I jusy tried fixing the typo and a couple of bugs, and apktool failed me for the typo :(( but I added alot of the godzilla tweaks to this rom,but honestly, I dont want to have to reflash my godzilla rom on my phone just to test some small tweak changes, so PM me if you would like to test the next Joyfully Optimus Build :) Also, Remember I'm not responsible for what happens to YOUR phone during testing, but I doubt anything would happen :)

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
While you're digging around in there looking for typos, would you be willing to remove the "factory reset" option from the settings menu? Most of us know not to press it, by I can't flash this on my 11-year-old's phone with that in there. If I tell him not to press it, you know what will happen!

Thanks for all the options that you have added for our cheap little phones!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante