Optimus V stuck in cwm v4.0.1.5 recovery loop

HuntEL21

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Can some pleas tell me how to resolve this issue. I've been at it for over a month now. Would so much appreciate any assistance.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
If you have bootloader access it might be easy to fix by erasing and reflashing recovery / ROM.

Also, checkout the Cannibal Open Touch recovery. It says Optimus S, but I'm using it on my Optimus V and it works GREAT. Amongst other things, it has bootloop recovery.

gekaap

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Problem is that xionia only made things worse. My phone goes into a system restore when I turn it on, formats a few things, then reboots, and stays on the LG logo screen. I can't even get into recovery now.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Problem is that xionia only made things worse. My phone goes into a system restore when I turn it on, formats a few things, then reboots, and stays on the LG logo screen. I can't even get into recovery now.
I had a reboot problem like that. Try holding buttons like VOL DOWN + POWER + HOME, until the LG logo stops rebooting. Then, I found out that I could connect via adb. I previously had erase_image binary on my phone I think, and erased the recovery, and it let me into fastboot, which I used to reflash recovery to fix the brick.

Worst case, you can go into download mode, and use LGNPST. (P.S. You may be able to use Optimus V firmware, now that VM670.dll is available; http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/180301-here-vm670-dll.html)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-fix-bricked-lg-optimus-v-s-firmware.html

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Before you do any of the LGNSPT stuff, can you post what you did before the recovery started doing this.

ETA's kill puppies. Sent from a ______ with Tapatalk

gekaap

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I had a reboot problem like that. Try holding buttons like VOL DOWN + POWER + HOME, until the LG logo stops rebooting. Then, I found out that I could connect via adb. I previously had erase_image binary on my phone I think, and erased the recovery, and it let me into fastboot, which I used to reflash recovery to fix the brick.

Worst case, you can go into download mode, and use LGNPST. (P.S. You may be able to use Optimus V firmware, now that VM670.dll is available; http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/180301-here-vm670-dll.html)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-fix-bricked-lg-optimus-v-s-firmware.html

Well, I tried holding the buttons for as long as I could. Went through about 10 loops before my fingers started hurting and slipped, and it caught up on the logo screen again. Noticed that it's no longer going through the data and cache format part. Don't know who I'm supposed to be able to connect via adb like this, though.

gekaap

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Before you do any of the LGNSPT stuff, can you post what you did before the recovery started doing this.

Damn near everything I could find. But immediately before, I flashed xionia. Used qtadb (which was proving to be rather difficult to get functional, until finally it just wanted to work) to save xionia onto my SD card, and flashed via adb as per instructions here.

When I rebooted, that's when it started doing what it is now.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
you cant get into recovery from the powered off state by holding home>vol down>power key and releasing after the lg logo has appeared?... if you can but it leads you to a black screen, then follow the directions in that thread concerning adb and screencast...

i believe that sammy also said that the directions in post#2 of his unbrick guide would also solve this issue...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-soft-bricked-optimus-v-return-zv5-stock.html

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
To fix recovery boot loop, you must install cannibal recovery and then stop boot loop and then a fresh rom on, wipe everything, and flash. Then reboot and it should boot.

BlairFam07

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Listen to andrews advise as he just walked me through this today. Put the cannical zip on your sdcard and flash it through the recovery menu and when you reboot you will be in a different recovery menu where you can now install a rom and go to the advanced menu and choose to fix recovery boot loop

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
To fix recovery boot loop, you must install cannibal recovery and then stop boot loop and then a fresh rom on, wipe everything, and flash. Then reboot and it should boot.

Listen to andrews advise as he just walked me through this today. Put the cannical zip on your sdcard and flash it through the recovery menu and when you reboot you will be in a different recovery menu where you can now install a rom and go to the advanced menu and choose to fix recovery boot loop

He's saying that he can't get into recovery though, right?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca