10-17-2012 07:17 PM
34 12
tools
    I'll look into it this weekend.
    06-16-2012 05:00 AM
    I'll look into it this weekend.
    I'm having this issue too. I tried buttonremapper and the key checker tool in the buttonremapper xda thread. Buttonremapper doesn't seem to work and the tool doesn't update with a key number.
    06-30-2012 02:30 PM
    Darn, forgot all about this. I will try again, been quite busy.
    06-30-2012 04:16 PM
    I'm going to download this and keep it in my sd card for a just in case survival kit. Much love Leslie, much love.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-30-2012 04:31 PM
    Darn, forgot all about this. I will try again, been quite busy.
    As have I

Anyway, I did some mucking around. The issue doesn't have to deal with the thunder_keypad.kl file, those values are all fine and dandy. I used ButtonRemapper again to change the action of the home button, and that action worked. I also set the search key action to HOME, and same results as the home button being set to HOME. The button is recognized, but nothing happens save for the screen turning on.

So I believe it has to do with how the HOME action is being handled?
    When i was messing with that aLogcat app, I saw this everytime I pressed a key set to HOME:
    Code:
    I/WindowManager( 114): home key test1 = 1
    D/WindowManager( 114): Home Key Test : false : false
    D/WindowManager( 114): Home Key Test : false : false
    07-01-2012 01:02 AM
    Actually, I just installed "Home Switcher for Froyo" from the market. It says:
    Code:
    Your default Home app is
    (not determined yet)
    and it lists Launcher (com.android.launcher) and allows me to launch it. (along with any other launchers I've installed to test with.)

I also just installed "Home Manager" from Play and it allowed me to bring up the dialog to set a default home app, and "Home Switcher for Froyo" also sees the update to the default home app.

However, the any button set to HOME still does nothing except for turn the screen on. Holding it down also does not bring up the recent applications, although I believe thats intended. Maybe that's the cause of the issue?
    07-01-2012 01:42 AM
    The link appears to be down... I need a ROM to flash on a V that won't activate at the moment... I finally realized my son had put a flash on it, and I was trying to activate from gingerbread...

Needless to say, I've spent a good 2 hours on the phone and web with VM to no avail before I realized what the problem was...

Thanks!
    09-27-2012 01:54 PM
    The link appears to be down... I need a ROM to flash on a V that won't activate at the moment... I finally realized my son had put a flash on it, and I was trying to activate from gingerbread...

Needless to say, I've spent a good 2 hours on the phone and web with VM to no avail before I realized what the problem was...

Thanks!
    Under prior versions 1.01 link works and should still allow what you need

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    09-27-2012 03:04 PM

Thanks!
    This link worked for me: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading Rhode_Utility_Rom_1.1.zip
    10-17-2012 07:17 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD