[ROM] Rhode Utility (Froyo activation/troubleshooting) 12June12

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Rhode Utility (Froyo activation/troubleshooting) 12June

If you listed the steps you take exactly,, you need to clear /data as well.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Ahh, I did not know this, I was going off of these.

In your case, wipe:
-boot
-cache
-system
AND
-Dalvik cache
Considering what you are doing, just backup, install over the top, activate then restore your backup.

are you absolutely sure I need to clear that one as well?, thank you very much for a response regardless! =)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It can't hurt, and yes, it is generally a required step when doing a full wipe.

If you have any data you're trying to salvage on the phone like call logs or SMS, you'll lose them though.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Aeneas is the same rom, just a few extra files. Probably bad flash or bad download.

Oh ok ok, thanks!

Well, in that case, I'll be going off to the library to re download and flash again.

I really want to see if I CAN use Rhode daily. I know yu said it wasn't intended for that LeslieAnn, but with my usage habits it may work out.

Edit: I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but the MD5 sum for Rhode 1.1 you listed abd the MD5 sum on the Goo.I'm site ar different. When I calculated the sum of m download, it matches the one on Goo.I'm. Is that right?

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

The one on Goo is correct, I accidentally left the 1.01 md5 up.

Fixed now, thanks. :)

Sometimes you can just write right over the top, other times you have to wipe everything. It was a calculated risk hoping to save you some time that backfired.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

Update: Checked the MD5 sum and it was correct, reflashed after wiping /data /cache /boot /system and dalvik. Home button still not working.

Downloaded Rhode v 1.0 and tried flashing that, same problem.

I'll look for a button mapping app, I suppose.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Darn, forgot all about this. I will try again, been quite busy.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to download this and keep it in my sd card for a just in case survival kit. Much love Leslie, much love.

cooldudezach

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

Darn, forgot all about this. I will try again, been quite busy.
As have I :-\

Anyway, I did some mucking around. The issue doesn't have to deal with the thunder_keypad.kl file, those values are all fine and dandy. I used ButtonRemapper again to change the action of the home button, and that action worked. I also set the search key action to HOME, and same results as the home button being set to HOME. The button is recognized, but nothing happens save for the screen turning on.

So I believe it has to do with how the HOME action is being handled?
When i was messing with that aLogcat app, I saw this everytime I pressed a key set to HOME:
Code:
[COLOR="Green"]I/WindowManager( 114): home key test1 = 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]D/WindowManager( 114): Home Key Test : false : false[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]D/WindowManager( 114): Home Key Test : false : false[/COLOR]

cooldudezach

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

Actually, I just installed "Home Switcher for Froyo" from the market. It says:
Code:
Your default Home app is
[B](not determined yet)[/B]

and it lists Launcher (com.android.launcher) and allows me to launch it. (along with any other launchers I've installed to test with.)

I also just installed "Home Manager" from Play and it allowed me to bring up the dialog to set a default home app, and "Home Switcher for Froyo" also sees the update to the default home app.

However, the any button set to HOME still does nothing except for turn the screen on. Holding it down also does not bring up the recent applications, although I believe thats intended. Maybe that's the cause of the issue?

Gzint

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
The link appears to be down... I need a ROM to flash on a V that won't activate at the moment... I finally realized my son had put a flash on it, and I was trying to activate from gingerbread...

Needless to say, I've spent a good 2 hours on the phone and web with VM to no avail before I realized what the problem was...

Thanks!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The link appears to be down... I need a ROM to flash on a V that won't activate at the moment... I finally realized my son had put a flash on it, and I was trying to activate from gingerbread...

Needless to say, I've spent a good 2 hours on the phone and web with VM to no avail before I realized what the problem was...

Thanks!

Under prior versions 1.01 link works and should still allow what you need

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

willieboy_729

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Thanks!

This link worked for me: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading Rhode_Utility_Rom_1.1.zip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz