06-04-2016 01:00 AM
1,697 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    In ics roms, tdm, and thekraven say its not stable

sent from my icy cold optimus using inverted T.T.2
    it seemed stable on bobz rom, i didnt test thouroghly though.
    06-24-2012 06:29 PM
    Inceyet's screenshot that started this nonsense shows the file /proc/version which only reports the kernel build information. It is written on the image: "[HL]Kernel Info[/HL]". This only means that Linaro toolchain is used for compiling the kernel. Both Bob and I have been using linaro for compiling the kernel since forever. Bob and tdm's comments that you refer is about building the ROM. Don't you seriously know the difference between building a Linux kernel and Android ROM?
    inceyet likes this.
    06-24-2012 06:47 PM
    Inceyet's screenshot that started this nonsense shows the file /proc/version which only reports the kernel build information. It is written on the image: "[HL]Kernel Info[/HL]". This only means that Linaro toolchain is used for compiling the kernel. Both Bob and I have been using linaro for compiling the kernel since forever. Bob and tdm's comments that you refer is about building the ROM. Don't you seriously know the difference between building a Linux kernel and Android ROM?
    No I don't, I apparently misunderstood, sorry

sent from my icy cold optimus using inverted T.T.2
    06-24-2012 07:44 PM
    This is true, but they were using linaro to do it.

BTW I reported your post. That attitude should not happen, especially coming from a dev.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    rebel69ization likes this.
    06-24-2012 08:27 PM
    No, I'm sorry I don't. I'm relatively new into android development. I'm windows certified asshat, I'm not an *****.
    When I said something looked wrong, I was comparing his screenshot vs yours. For best battery life I would assume over 90% at the highest CPU would be great performance at all times, but again assuming as such it would kill the battery.
    you did a good job on this rom, but it doesn't mean you get to have an attitude. I'll be switching roms, I'm not supporting someone who acts in unprofessional manors.
    Remember, this is all free open-source. Were here to learn and have fun. Your not perfect, otherwise you wouldn't have to keep updating because it would be done right in the first place.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Most of this is true to. But leslieann has tested and shown that OC improves battery life on our phoe

lattimorej1986 likes this.
    06-24-2012 08:29 PM
    Why I would be wise to give LesslieAnn credit for many things here at AC, I would say Mmarz should get credit for lots of the battery testing on our Optimus V's. Even if he no longer frequents these boards.
    lattimorej1986 likes this.
    06-24-2012 08:47 PM
    Why I would be wise to give LesslieAnn credit for many things here at AC, I would say Mmarz should get credit for lots of the battery testing on our Optimus V's. Even if he no longer frequents these boards.
    They worked together testing that. He was a freaking genious though

06-24-2012 08:49 PM
    lol you deleted the post? or was that an admin
    06-24-2012 09:10 PM
    come on peeps... enough trash talk... its unwarrented and unneeded... it derails everything this forum stands for... we are a community of devs, noobs, and everything in between... everybody should be treated with respect regardless... :-)
    06-24-2012 09:22 PM
    come on people... enough trash talk... its unwarrented and unneeded... it derails everything this forum stands for... we are a community of devs, noobs, and everything in between... everybody should be treated with respect regardless... :-)
    tell him that. needless to say, im done with his work. i will not be following it, i will not be offering advice to anyone have problems (cause obviously he just likes to call them idiots and say screw them). im done. a developer (cant believe im calling you that, but unfortunetly thats the truth) should not be so disrespectful. im done.
    rebel69ization likes this.
    06-24-2012 09:25 PM
    lot of back and forth going on over what seems to me to be a trivial issue. if you decided to root and rom your ov,then you gotta know that all roms are works in progress pretty much up until the time the development stops completely. and have to accept that having issues from time to time comes with the territory. id put mrg's rom up against stock any day with any current issues it may or may not have (appears to be some debate on whether there is any issue at all really,more of a perceived issue) and would know im better off for it. ive tried every stable rom on here and their little quirks beat stock any day. just some food for thought :beer:

clodfelterac and dbacon84 like this.
    06-24-2012 09:46 PM
    lot of back and forth going on over what seems to me to be a trivial issue. if you decided to root and rom your ov,then you gotta know that all roms are works in progress pretty much up until the time the development stops completely. and have to accept that having issues from time to time comes with the territory. id put mrg's rom up against stock any day with any current issues it may or may not have (appears to be some debate on whether there is any issue at all really,more of a perceived issue) and would know im better off for it. ive tried every stable rom on here and their little quirks beat stock any day. just some food for thought :beer:

its a great rom, and ive been using it as my daily. props to him for making such a smooth rom, but as i said. developers should be respectful, and as much as it sucks to say this (it really is a good rom) ill no longer be using it unless mrg gives me a good reason to.
    topdawg661 likes this.
    06-24-2012 10:36 PM
    Enough Sunday night drama. I hate this thread already. This is why I have not started this such a long time. But I will keep building the ROM first for myself and the ones who want to use it as long as I keep the phone.

Sellers, if this will make you happy, sorry. Don't feel bad about using the ROM if you want to. Most of the work belongs to others, many people. See you all when I build next time.
    06-25-2012 12:01 AM
    Enough Sunday night drama. I hate this thread already. This is why I have not started this such a long time. But I will keep building the ROM first for myself and the ones who want to use it as long as I keep the phone.

Sellers, if this will make you happy, sorry. Don't feel bad about using the ROM if you want to. Most of the work belongs to others, many people. See you all when I build next time.
    Thanks for the thread mrg666. Sellers; no disrespect to you, but really? Your going to report mrg on his own thread for that?? Honestly, mrg is one of the few quality devs without a donate button, he has been huge in the process of making the OV what it is. And quite frankly he can tell me to eat a turd and I would still use this rom because he does this to make the best of this old mediocre phone, and doesn't ever ask for anything in return.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    06-25-2012 12:29 AM
    I will keep building the ROM first for myself and the ones who want to use it as long as I keep the phone.
    and your awesome kernels too?... Pretty please, with gingerbread and ice cream on top?...
    :-)
    mrg666 likes this.
    06-25-2012 12:36 AM
    Thanks for the thread mrg666. Sellers; no disrespect to you, but really? Your going to report mrg on his own thread for that?? Honestly, mrg is one of the few quality devs without a donate button, he has been huge in the process of making the OV what it is. And quite frankly he can tell me to eat a turd and I would still use this rom because he does this to make the best of this old mediocre phone, and doesn't ever ask for anything in return.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    He basically called the Guy an *****. And that wasn't expected mrg, no hard feelings. I'm just stating my opinion, look at my signature lol. And just because someone has a donate button means they are not a quality dev? But I'm not getting into an argument about it. I was still going to recommend your rom to noobs just because its smooth and has like no bugs. I'm not a judgmental person, I just don't like seeing people disrespected. Thanks for the apology though. Have a good night/day and ill continue looking for updates

cbucz24 likes this.
    06-25-2012 12:53 AM
    I freakin' love my mirage'd OV.

I'll follow Mrg666 and this rom until he switches phones or I drop my phone in the toilet.

Mrg666 listens to the community and the rom's quality reflects that.

Edit: By the way, I think it would be hard to get away from his work. I see "Fixed thanks to mrg666" everywhere. Just sayin'

06-25-2012 01:38 AM
    thank you for all you're hard work Mr.g many of us appreciate you're work.
    mrg666 likes this.
    06-25-2012 07:42 AM
    He basically called the Guy an *****. And that wasn't expected mrg, no hard feelings. I'm just stating my opinion, look at my signature lol. And just because someone has a donate button means they are not a quality dev? But I'm not getting into an argument about it. I was still going to recommend your rom to noobs just because its smooth and has like no bugs. I'm not a judgmental person, I just don't like seeing people disrespected. Thanks for the apology though. Have a good night/day and ill continue looking for updates

I have no problems with donate buttons, I have alot of respect for devs that do quality work without one. I know if i put as much time in developing as these guys and gals do, I would have a donate button, and that's why I admire the ones that don't. I honestly didn't mean any disrespect to you or anyone else.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    06-25-2012 10:23 AM
    I have no problems with donate buttons, I have alot of respect for devs that do quality work without one. I know if i put as much time in developing as these guys and gals do, I would have a donate button, and that's why I admire the ones that don't. I honestly didn't mean any disrespect to you or anyone else.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    Its fine dude. No hard feelings

06-25-2012 11:07 AM
    I like cereal.
    -trying to lighten the mood?
    06-25-2012 11:21 AM
    I like cereal.
    -trying to lighten the mood?
    I thought you liked chicken lol

06-25-2012 11:33 AM
    I thought you liked chicken lol

Oh yeah. I forget sometimes xD
    06-25-2012 11:45 AM
    Mrg, just wanted to say that your kernel seems to have solved the semi random reboots I was experiencing while using Google maps. It's been golden so far. Thanks.
    mrg666 likes this.
    06-25-2012 04:12 PM
    Mrg, just wanted to say that your kernel seems to have solved the semi random reboots I was experiencing while using Google maps. It's been golden so far. Thanks.
    Thanks for the feedback. The last item on my list is fixing the headphone/headset problem that also affects the sound in video recording. I have posted the temporary solution earlier in this thread. After that is fixed properly, the kernel overhaul will be complete for me.
    06-25-2012 04:37 PM
1,697 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD