06-04-2016 01:00 AM
1,697 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    After more ICS troubles, it's back to Mirage. Not necessarily a bad thing at all, it's always been a great ROM. Thanks, mrg!
    mrg666 and jonny5449 like this.
    07-06-2012 01:42 PM
    I understand that. I need the Verizon rom for this phone. It appears that others have been able to use modded roms by replacing a few files on the phone that are needed for Verizon. From mrg666's description, I thought that the files were in his rom (which I d/l'd from the OP).
    I haven't seen or heard any bootloops with MiRaGe-VZW before but my recommendation would be the following.

- Do a clean wipe.
    - Flash MiRaGe for VM first (no Gapps) and boot once.
    - Reboot into recovery, wipe only cache and dalvik-cache
    - Flash MiRaGe-VZW ROM
    - Boot again
    - Reboot into recovery and flash Gapps.

It should work after this. Next time you update VZW ROM, it can be flashed directly after wiping only cache and dalvik-cache.
    07-06-2012 02:27 PM
    I understand that. I need the Verizon rom for this phone. It appears that others have been able to use modded roms by replacing a few files on the phone that are needed for Verizon. From mrg666's description, I thought that the files were in his rom (which I d/l'd from the OP).
    You might want to pm mrg about that. As i understand it, he uses that vzw rom on one of his phones he flashed to Page Plus,.which runs on the Verizon network.
    07-06-2012 02:31 PM
    I haven't seen or heard any bootloops with MiRaGe-VZW before but my recommendation would be the following.

- Do a clean wipe.
    - Flash MiRaGe for VM first (no Gapps) and boot once.
    - Reboot into recovery, wipe only cache and dalvik-cache
    - Flash MiRaGe-VZW ROM
    - Boot again
    - Reboot into recovery and flash Gapps.

It should work after this. Next time you update VZW ROM, it can be flashed directly after wiping only cache and dalvik-cache.
    That worked. Thanks!
    mrg666 likes this.
    07-06-2012 03:56 PM
    I just put on bobzhome 7.2.0 rc1, one of the best most stable roms i've used yet i would def consider anyone to use this rom.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-06-2012 04:19 PM
    If you want you can try the following.
    - download the VM670 build from the OP
    - drag and drop the following files from vm670 to ls670 build
    -- /system/app/SystemUI.apk
    -- /system/app/Settings.apk

This might fix the bootloop since I did some optional modding in those files. If it doesn't help. I will need to rebuild an LS670 ROM from source code next time. If you are interested let me know.
    K I'm gonna try this tommorow a little late too post but I'm trying to work on my rom right now

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/
    07-06-2012 06:52 PM
    There are no significant changes in the CM repo since 06292012 build. Instead, I had a little fun replacing many icons in Settings, Power widget, status bar, and menus with the ICS icons. They give a subtle face-lift to aging GB. Many of the icons are modified to match with GB icons and few of them are made from scratch.

You can try if you want with the flashable zip file that will patch the 06292012 build. You can also revert with the second patch. These will only work with 06292012 build of MiRaGe. (not for VZW build too)

Patch: VM670_MiRaGe06292012_patch.zip
    Revert patch: VM670_MiRaGe06292012_patch_revert.zip
    07-06-2012 07:31 PM
    Patch is deleted or invalid.
    07-06-2012 07:50 PM
    Patch is deleted or invalid.
    Try again, i have replaced the patch because of two missing icons.
    Anonymo likes this.
    07-06-2012 07:55 PM
    Works
    07-06-2012 07:57 PM
    I don't see a difference with the patch /:
    07-06-2012 08:30 PM
    I don't see a difference with the patch /:
    Are you using a theme?

I didn't test yet due to my framework and systemui.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-06-2012 09:05 PM
    Gonna be basing a rom off this stay tuned

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/
    07-06-2012 09:07 PM

Not bad for the battery life

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-07-2012 05:28 AM
    I was watching YouTube videos at then end that's why I had the sudden drop off at the end.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-07-2012 05:30 AM
    Are you using a theme?

I didn't test yet due to my framework and systemui.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Nope. But I see now. I reverted and compared. It looks nice.
    07-07-2012 09:09 AM
    Every time I install an update of this ROM Link2sd loses its links to 20 or so apps and regardless of what I do it cannot relink them. When I do the update I use the update wipe zip from LeslieAnn & then flash. I always have to rerun the ext scripts for Link2sd. But after rebooting several times I still have about 20 missing apps. They are still on the sd-ext because l2sd will offer to clean them up if I ask it. It just can't seem to link them. So I usually just revert back to my last Nandroid because it's too much of a hassle to keep reinstalling apps.

Is there some way to avoid this? Should I just update w/o wiping? Would that help?

This is the best ROM I've run and this is the only real problem I've run into. I'd like to run the most recent build, but it's getting too time consuming to update.
    07-07-2012 12:35 PM
    Every time I install an update of this ROM Link2sd loses its links to 20 or so apps and regardless of what I do it cannot relink them. When I do the update I use the update wipe zip from LeslieAnn & then flash. I always have to rerun the ext scripts for Link2sd. But after rebooting several times I still have about 20 missing apps. They are still on the sd-ext because l2sd will offer to clean them up if I ask it. It just can't seem to link them. So I usually just revert back to my last Nandroid because it's too much of a hassle to keep reinstalling apps.

Is there some way to avoid this? Should I just update w/o wiping? Would that help?

This is the best ROM I've run and this is the only real problem I've run into. I'd like to run the most recent build, but it's getting too time consuming to update.
    I use link2sd with 60 apps and it takes at most 5 minutes to update the ROM with the following way.

- copy the new zip to SDcard and boot into recovery
    - wipe cache and dalvik-cache
    - flash ROM
    - reboot
    - wait for link2sd warning for missing mount scripts
    - run link2sd and recreate mount scripts (if you touch the link2sd notification from the pull down, link2sd will automatically open with mount scripts dialog)
    - reboot
    - run link2sd
    -- relink dalvik-cache files
    -- relink library files
    - done!

And no application reinstalls necessary.
    kenharkey7 likes this.
    07-07-2012 01:46 PM
    Exactly the same procedure I use. Works every time.
    07-07-2012 02:09 PM
    Exactly the same procedure I use. Works every time.
    These are the steps I take and every time I am missing about 20 out of 164 apps. They are backed up, but it takes time to figure out what is missing and then replace them.
    07-07-2012 03:21 PM
    These are the steps I take and every time I am missing about 20 out of 164 apps. They are backed up, but it takes time to figure out what is missing and then replace them.
    That seems to be a problem specific to your phone. There might be a file system corruption or sdcard failure.
    dbacon84 likes this.
    07-07-2012 04:36 PM
    CM repo was suddenly flooded with changes today. So there is a new build. The changes, download links, and credits are in the first post. I have also included the ICS icons for power widgets, menu, and settings. Don't apply any of yesterday's the patches to this build.
    Enjoy!
    07-07-2012 07:16 PM
    CM repo was suddenly flooded with changes today. So there is a new build. The changes, download links, and credits are in the first post. I have also included the ICS icons for power widgets, menu, and settings. Don't apply any of yesterday's the patches to this build.
    Enjoy!
    Downloading now and will be flashing as soon as I check the md5. Thanks in advance for another great update.
    mrg666 likes this.
    07-07-2012 08:04 PM
    Ok, got it flashed, setup with my theme, everything back in its proper place. Ran a few checks; wifi, 3g, texting, MMS, made a call, ran a couple CPU intensive games, checked camera, camcorder, downloads, videos. As usual, everything is working great. I really love your roms, and I will certainly miss them when I upgrade to the HTC One V next month. Once again, thanks for all the hard work you've put in and the great rom and kernels you've put together.
    RT78 and mrg666 like this.
    07-07-2012 09:05 PM
    Ok, got it flashed, setup with my theme, everything back in its proper place. Ran a few checks; wifi, 3g, texting, MMS, made a call, ran a couple CPU intensive games, checked camera, camcorder, downloads, videos. As usual, everything is working great. I really love your roms, and I will certainly miss them when I upgrade to the HTC One V next month.[/I][/I] Once again, thanks for all the hard work you've put in and the great rom and kernels you've put together.
    I'm accepting donations of unwanted Optimus V's!
    07-07-2012 10:42 PM
1,697 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD