06-04-2016 02:00 AM
1,697 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    mrg fairly new to doing my own flashes and roots, had been running bumblebee for months. I was a total n00b for months now I know just enough to be really dangerous to my phone.

Just wanted to say thanks. Love mirage, runs smooth. New updates are great my phone is even faster, I thought pushed her as far as she would go but thankfully not. I ran into a lot of the similar missing apps issues but I have rebuilt my phone approximately 20+ times in the last weeks so I could almost use titanium and set up my launcher blind lol.

GreaT ROM, has been great to me for the last month I've been using it. Latest build is even better.
    mrg666 likes this.
    07-21-2012 02:07 PM
    MMS not working for me....

Ok, based on my knowledge *small* versus other people on this forums *NOT SMALL*. I would place a large bet I have done something wrong and done it a few times. However, I can't seem to figure out what. I have flashed a few different versions of the ROM over the last few weeks and I can't seem to get them to send or receive them, I just get a play button. Is there something as simple as a box I need check *time to hang my head in shame* or is something a little more complicated and at least I can feel like I couldn't have known that at this point in my learning. Either way any help would be appreciated...

I am currently running the most recent ROM and Kernel 7/21.

Also if this has been posted else where I apologize I searched for a few hours and didnt find this exactly.

Thank you in advance.
    07-21-2012 11:01 PM
    MMS not working for me....

Ok, based on my knowledge *small* versus other people on this forums *NOT SMALL*. I would place a large bet I have done something wrong and done it a few times. However, I can't seem to figure out what. I have flashed a few different versions of the ROM over the last few weeks and I can't seem to get them to send or receive them, I just get a play button. Is there something as simple as a box I need check *time to hang my head in shame* or is something a little more complicated and at least I can feel like I couldn't have known that at this point in my learning. Either way any help would be appreciated...

I am currently running the most recent ROM and Kernel 7/21.

Also if this has been posted else where I apologize I searched for a few hours and didnt find this exactly.

Thank you in advance.
    I pulled out the first build of Mirage I downloaded (I never delete anything) Also happens in the 0707 build too....
    07-22-2012 12:22 AM
    I pulled out the first build of Mirage I downloaded (I never delete anything) Also happens in the 0707 build too....
    Just for testing purposes I switched over to a copy of Harmonia (1.9 if anyone cares). MMS worked fine on it first shot eventually, but the way it loaded gave me an idea. I had been loading the images from file manager which pops up in Mirage. I tried gallery (could of used quickpic I know) wanted to stay as close to build as possible. Harmonia only had gallery. I used gallery and work almost instantly. (I forgot how slow my old roms were).

At this point total n00bism coming out why does MMS not load from the file explorer but perfectly from the gallery in the Mirage?
    07-22-2012 03:00 AM
    It must be your file manager. I use ES File Manager and just sent an MMS by selecting a picture in ES via long press, select share, select messaging. It then opened the stock messaging app and I was able to send the picture message.
    madtipper743 likes this.
    07-22-2012 10:11 AM
    It must be your file manager. I use ES File Manager and just sent an MMS by selecting a picture in ES via long press, select share, select messaging. It then opened the stock messaging app and I was able to send the picture message.
    Odd, I wonder what it is. I was using the file manager that comes built in with ROM. Inside the stock MMS app > inside a conversation
    Menu>Attach>File Manger>select file

Good to know I can get around it if needed though.

Thanks.
    07-22-2012 12:09 PM
    I was feeling real antsy for a while, with the new phones coming out, to perhaps upgrade to a triumph on the cheap. But I went looking at the roms available for the triumph, and they all have tradeoffs for features, unfixed bugs and reception issues. Made me realize I really have no problems with my V at all, this rom has improved upon every aspect of the software so well I dont think I'll be upgrading until I break this phone and cant get another. Hard to beat $25 a month. Thanks mrg666
    07-22-2012 01:42 PM
    Hey mrg666, do you know why the voice button on the side of the phone doesnt work?
    07-22-2012 04:04 PM
    Hey mrg666, do you know why the voice button on the side of the phone doesnt work?
    I don't think it's been mapped in any CM7 rom.

Sent from my mirage'd OV.
    07-22-2012 04:42 PM
    I don't think it's been mapped in any CM7 rom.

Sent from my mirage'd OV.
    How hard is it to map a key on android?
    07-22-2012 05:11 PM
    How hard is it to map a key on android?
    Its actually really easy if you download button swapper from XDA.

@MRG, Stock GB launcher from ZVJ works. I was wondering if you could help me remove the ID sign in the.bottom right. Im currently experimenting with it.

Its alot faster than what we have.currently. ...
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-22-2012 07:22 PM

@MRG, Stock GB launcher from ZVJ works. I was wondering if you could help me remove the ID sign in the.bottom right. Im currently experimenting with it.
    Click to view quoted image

I always liked the zvh launcher it was...... GREEEEEEEEN!!!!
    Use the one from Ginger rom a lot faster than this

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/
    07-22-2012 07:27 PM
    I like the white.

Is there a ZVH deodexed?

Also, what's this Ginger Rom?

07-22-2012 08:38 PM
    Seems like there's a resurgence in cross pollination between the OV and the OS users. I love it!
    07-23-2012 12:36 AM
    Is there any way you could port this over to my LG optimus c I would like to see you work on fold on the c ?
    07-23-2012 03:10 AM
    I like the white.

Is there a ZVH deodexed?

Also, what's this Ginger Rom?

There is one its froyo but looks like that phone menu and browser I will shoot you a link

Sent From My LS670
    07-23-2012 07:49 AM
    Here it is closest you get unless you theme the launcher
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=107253 as I said froyo but closest you get if you want white

Sent From My LS670
    07-23-2012 07:53 AM
    I have a Froyo flavored Launcher2 already. Plus, the White GB launcher looks better still.

topdawg661 likes this.
    07-23-2012 10:25 AM
    The flashable zip appears to work, but I have a FAT32 partition instead of ext2/3, so link2sd didn't work correctly on first boot.
    Same here, couldn't get anything else to mount properly.

Wound up updating to the 7/16 build today (I know, I'm slow). What I did was flash the update and restart, then recreate the mount script. After that I rebooted.

Then comes the fun part.

Once you boot and you have missing apps, open link2sd and link dalvik- cache. Reboot & repeat until all your apps are loaded.
    I had to reboot about 4 times (I have 112 apps in total)

Hope this helps.

sent from my Ginger Cream Rover using Tapatalk
    07-24-2012 05:44 PM
    I had to reboot about 4 times (I have 112 apps in total)
    112 apps are too many. During the first boot following after wiping dalvik-cache, all of the dalvik-cache is created in the internal memory and then linked to sdext2 by link2sd. I think you are running out of internal space before link2sd starts linking them. You could reduce the number of apps to ~50 to be able to use link2sd safely or use a direct link method of /data to sdext2.

If you can provide a download link to that launcher (assuming it is legal, otherwise forget about it), I can try removing that "id" sign and replace with the browser icon. Is that "id" sign linked to starting the browser? But I think the default ADW Launcher is both fast and efficient, I can't imagine anything better.
    07-24-2012 06:35 PM
    I can confirm Link2sd doesn't like too many apps. I kept losing apps whenever I'd upgrade and now I know why. I think I had 70 apps linked using l2sd.
    07-24-2012 10:52 PM
    I can confirm Link2sd doesn't like too many apps. I kept losing apps whenever I'd upgrade and now I know why. I think I had 70 apps linked using l2sd.
    - After the first boot, the dex files are created in the internal memory and link2sd starts automatically linking them to sdext2. However, if there is not sufficient space in /data for the initially created dex files, system will have problems. So, if you are installing too many apps, link2sd is not for you and this patch will not help. My estimate based on the free space in /data for the number of apps that can cause problem with link2sd is >70 if there are no other apps filling up /data.
    In an earlier post, I also estimated that the missing apps problem starts with more than 70 apps. I think 50 is a good number of apps to be used with link2sd on OV.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-24-2012 11:16 PM

How did you get the white icons in the gingerbread launcher?
    07-25-2012 01:21 AM
    112 apps are too many. During the first boot following after wiping dalvik-cache, all of the dalvik-cache is created in the internal memory and then linked to sdext2 by link2sd. I think you are running out of internal space before link2sd starts linking them. You could reduce the number of apps to ~50 to be able to use link2sd safely or use a direct link method of /data to sdext2.
    All of them loaded after several reboots, and I still have 50 megabytes available on internal storage. I have cleared out some of them, but phone is running fine and speedy.

Can you point me to the direct link process? Not sure how to do that. I'm fairly new to this.

sent from my Ginger Cream Rover using Tapatalk
    07-25-2012 06:23 AM
    I just flashed this ROM on my LS670. Flashed the ROM then the patch. Market is not working for some reason (get an error "app" cannot be downloaded due to an error [-101]). Also Google Talk is giving me an authentication failure. Any ideas?
    07-25-2012 11:28 AM
1,697 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD