06-04-2016 01:00 AM
1,697 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Hey MRG. I noticed the default launcher is still ADW.

Brotherswig's thread on VMroms found MookeOS's launcher.

Its based on ADW, but is so much faster and beautiful ?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree, I just recently tried it out and it's definitely worth checking out

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    09-26-2012 04:30 PM
    Question(s)
    After updating mrg's ROM from 7/27 to most recent, was wondering if anyone has/had experienced the 'home" button not working properly?? It is "working", but cannot seem to use during browsing, return from an app, etc.
    When flashed, I only used the "prep for update" zip and also formatted boot and data as stated.
    Is there fault on my end in any way?
    If so, please let me know.
    I am also trying to keep jawzs' 101 kernal.
    No link or way to do just the ROM update itself?
    If not, then I proceeded to flash the jawz101 kernal AFTER the ROM flash is successful.....
    Could there be a conflict somewhere in this?
    *all is being restored via MyackupRoot if that helps anyone
    Thanks!
    09-26-2012 05:24 PM
    Dialer attack vulnerability

I am a Republic Wireless beta community member and just saw a post over there that lists an URL to test for the dialer program being vulnerable to a USSD-based attack that triggers a phone reset by activating the reset function through a dialer string. I am still on the July 16th build so this may not apply to more recent releases. But if you go to dylanreeve.com/phone.php there is a script there that will test your dialer for the vulnerability by displaying your MEID in a dialog box (using the non-destructive *#06# IMEI code rather than the very damaging factory reset one). It displays my MEID so according to him that means that the default dialer program is vulnerable.

Just to be clear, both my Optimus V and my new Motorola XT557 display the vulnerability.

Is this already known to the devs?

There are apps available to block the attack. Look for TelStop (by @colimrm) and Auto-reset Blocker.

More info is available at: Remote USSD Attack - Prevention - dylan//posterous
    A-android-B and tdm like this.
    09-26-2012 05:45 PM
    Hey MRG. I noticed the default launcher is still ADW.

Brotherswig's thread on VMroms found MookeOS's launcher.

Its based on ADW, but is so much faster and beautiful ?

Would installing a new launcher clear my catalogs??
    09-26-2012 05:57 PM
    Idk about Catalogs in Mooke's launcher. I didn't check it, or I dont use it.
    09-26-2012 06:08 PM
    I agree, I just recently tried it out and it's definitely worth checking out

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    Link to launcher?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Encerspay45 and irish-68 like this.
    09-26-2012 06:43 PM
    Just thought I'd share:
    GO Launcher+kovdev ICS theme+MiRaGe9/23 Build+Achep ICS theme+844MHz OC= BEST ROM EVER.
    Awesome battery life, looks sweet, slick performance, totally stable, I can't complain.
    Thanks to all devs everywhere for their hard work.
    09-26-2012 07:55 PM
    Just thought I'd share:
    GO Launcher+kovdev ICS theme+MiRaGe9/23 Build+Achep ICS theme+844MHz OC= BEST ROM EVER.
    Awesome battery life, looks sweet, slick performance, totally stable, I can't complain.
    Thanks to all devs everywhere for their hard work.
    I may have just settled on this as my next ROM (tired of wrestling with GingerSnap). Figured since so many ROMs are based off this, might as well go to the source and build it from there.

You did lose me at Go Launcher though. I recently got rid of all my Go apps because the quality of all of them have gotten so bad. I recently installed Holo Launcher, and loving it!
    Anonymo and nerdmastax like this.
    09-26-2012 08:10 PM
    I recently got rid of all my I recently installed Holo Launcher, and loving it!
    I'll second Holo Launcher! I paid for the plus version and also run Holo Launcher HD on my Nexus 7. I've never heard of Mooke's before.
    Anonymo and nerdmastax like this.
    09-26-2012 08:25 PM
    I may have just settled on this as my next ROM (tired of wrestling with GingerSnap). Figured since so many ROMs are based off this, might as well go to the source and build it from there.

You did lose me at Go Launcher though. I recently got rid of all my Go apps because the quality of all of them have gotten so bad. I recently installed Holo Launcher, and loving it!
    I will agree that the GO Apps aren't so great, but I just love the Launcher so much.
    To each their own.
    I can guarantee you won't regret MiRaGe, however!
    09-26-2012 08:41 PM
    Go Launcher is probably their best product, but it's still pretty hefty. Nonetheless, it's probably the best of the big launchers.

Go Dev's apps have really gone downhill. Too much bloat, self-promotion and resources hogging. Even Go Launcher installs shortcuts to their own app stores! Recently Go Dev has really taken a well-deserved beating in the Play Store reviews.

I did actually get Go Power Master to work effectively. After I uninstalled that and all the other Go apps and replaced them, my available RAM and battery life doubled!

Sorry for the Go rant. I used to like their apps and was really disappointed when greed and narcissism took control of that company and their apps started to really suck.

But yeah, even though Holo Launcher lacks many of the bells and whistles of Go, it does allow easy icon changing, even for folders. For themes, there's always the CM7 chooser.
    09-26-2012 09:01 PM
    Mokee Launcher - http://db.tt/bWmggcnD

Mokee Walls - http://db.tt/NORWnK1o

Push to System/app

The walls are REALLY nice as well

Might include them in my roms for now on.

Badboytoast and Encerspay45 like this.
    09-26-2012 09:13 PM
    Mokee Launcher - http://db.tt/bWmggcnD

Mokee Walls - http://db.tt/NORWnK1o

Push to System/app

The walls are REALLY nice as well

Might include them in my roms for now on.

Anything else you need to do aside from putting these in system\app? I did this and rebooted and haven't noticed any difference...just getting into modding my phone so excuse my noobish question
    09-27-2012 10:39 AM
    Set permissions to 644 with

Es file explorer

Root Explorer

Or

Solid Explorer(I use this)

ochenta and Badboytoast like this.
    09-27-2012 02:37 PM
    Thanks a lot, worked perfectly!
    09-27-2012 09:05 PM
    Dialer attack vulnerability

I am a Republic Wireless beta community member and just saw a post over there that lists an URL to test for the dialer program being vulnerable to a USSD-based attack that triggers a phone reset by activating the reset function through a dialer string. I am still on the July 16th build so this may not apply to more recent releases. But if you go to dylanreeve.com/phone.php there is a script there that will test your dialer for the vulnerability by displaying your MEID in a dialog box (using the non-destructive *#06# IMEI code rather than the very damaging factory reset one). It displays my MEID so according to him that means that the default dialer program is vulnerable.

Just to be clear, both my Optimus V and my new Motorola XT557 display the vulnerability.

Is this already known to the devs?

There are apps available to block the attack. Look for TelStop (by @colimrm) and Auto-reset Blocker.

More info is available at: Remote USSD Attack - Prevention - dylan//posterous
    I am very aware of this. I havent found a fix for GB yet, just ICS though. If it works, itll be included in a CNA update in the future. CM has a submission on their gerrit, I have no clue if they have accepted it or not.
    glarepate likes this.
    09-27-2012 09:20 PM
    Mirage Can I ask a serious question is this ROM faster and smoother than bobz cm10 and more secure? I'm thinking of switching back to cm 7 . Thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    09-29-2012 04:07 AM
    Mirage Can I ask a serious question is this ROM faster and smoother than bobz cm10 and more secure? I'm thinking of switching back to cm 7 . Thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    Yes
    09-29-2012 10:47 AM
    I am very aware of this. I havent found a fix for GB yet, just ICS though. If it works, itll be included in a CNA update in the future. CM has a submission on their gerrit, I have no clue if they have accepted it or not.
    Over at Republic Wireless one of the community members tracked down a patch submitted last June:

https://android.googlesource.com/pla...edb80c388%5E!/
    09-29-2012 07:29 PM
    Over at Republic Wireless one of the community members tracked down a patch submitted last June:

https://android.googlesource.com/pla...edb80c388%5E!/
    This patch is for the contacts.apk, I'm pretty sure the current patch needs to be applied in the phone apk source

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    09-29-2012 08:06 PM
    USB tethering to windows 7/vista is still not working on a clean install of the latest rom. I have the LG drivers installed on my pc, so it should be recognized..
    09-30-2012 11:47 AM
    I have synced with the CM repo and rebuilt MiRaGe today. This build fixes the dialer attack vulnerability. Enjoy!
    sellers86, tli, mlson and 11 others like this.
    09-30-2012 11:49 AM
    I'm sorry if this may be posted in wrong place.... but thought appropriate since this is the ROM i'm using.
    I have not yet or have yet to Partition my SD Card and have some questions.
    1:whatshould the ext size be?
    2: swap size?
    Using CMrecovery 5.0xxx
    Trying to eliminate the low internal memory issue
    09-30-2012 12:31 PM
    I just installed the TelStop app. Should I bother updating Mirage to today's build?
    09-30-2012 01:02 PM
    I just installed the TelStop app. Should I bother updating Mirage to today's build?
    I would...could eliminate an unnecessary app
    09-30-2012 01:07 PM
1,697 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD