[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

Mazingerz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Thanks a lot for your reply! Work and kids are driving me crazy these days so I will try it this weekend. I am supporting two Optimus v, two G-tablets and two HP touchpads for the entire family (and each family members wants to keep their own set of applications) so everyday I am less and less excited about trying new ROMs :)

1. They're both similar, but Mirage is better overall in terms of speed and responsiveness, as it's updated more frequently.
2. You probably could try that, but I've never done it. I'd think it's still safer to do a nandroid backup, then a complete wipe, then install Mirage. If you backup your apps using Titanium, it'll be easy to reload them, though it might take at least 30 minutes or so if you have more than 50 apps.
3. Yes, this is an IHO issue. If your media volume is at least halfway, phone call volume should be loud enough, esp. through car speakers.

I like Mirage better than Harmonia, because of the tweaks that mrg666 implements to his ROM.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

I love this ROM, but I'm encountering some really lame issues right now.
I'm messaging my girlfriend using the Facebook Messenging App (she has a limited text plan) and the phone keeps randomly rebooting!
The 3+ minute boot time doesn't help, along with the 5-6% battery life that's gone after each reboot.
Plus there's a noticeable battery drain of 1% every 2 minutes.
Fixing permission does nothing.
Help?
:/
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Are you on ZV4/5?

And on 3G?

What's your overclock?

On ZV9, I noticed a huge battery difference, but slow data speeds.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Are you on ZV4/5?

And on 3G?

What's your overclock?

On ZV9, I noticed a huge battery difference, but slow data speeds.

ZV5.
On 3G.
I'm actually underclocked right now so I could avoid issues like this:
480-122. Conservative.
I'm also on Night Mode Brightness.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

ZV5.
On 3G.
I'm actually underclocked right now so I could avoid issues like this:
480-122. Conservative.
I'm also on Night Mode Brightness.

Underclocking could be your issue. 480Mhz might not be just too slow. I'd look at apps that might be causing the battery drain, that's just not normal for MiRaGe. Also, why Facebook Messaging? Is Google Talk not an option?

Oh wait, now that I think about it, being underclocked is probably causing the faster battery drain. Overclocking actually saves battery life, because it gets the process done in less time. Like CPU cycles per second, it's using the same voltage, but there's more per second.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Battery life actually benefits from a mild overclocking. Getting the task done faster then dropping the mhz down as soon as it finished the task. Atleast on this phone that is. Some testing was done a while back by Marz(I think that's how it was spelled).

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Underclocking could be your issue. 480Mhz might not be just too slow. I'd look at apps that might be causing the battery drain, that's just not normal for MiRaGe. Also, why Facebook Messaging? Is Google Talk not an option?

Oh wait, now that I think about it, being underclocked is probably causing the faster battery drain. Overclocking actually saves battery life, because it gets the process done in less time. Like CPU cycles per second, it's using the same voltage, but there's more per second.

Battery life actually benefits from a mild overclocking. Getting the task done faster then dropping the mhz down as soon as it finished the task. Atleast on this phone that is. Some testing was done a while back by Marz(I think that's how it was spelled).

Makes sense, I believe you're right, the rebooting was caused by underclocking because 480 MHz couldn't handle what I was trying to accomplish.
And trust me. I wish that Google Talk was an option. ;)
Anyway, I'm on 748-245 Interactive, with 0% Brightness (but no night mode) with the phone plugged in.
Phone's snippier and not draining nearly as much as it was.
Thanks alot, guys! :)
Now to do something about that pesky boot time...

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

My battery life was like this.
iixZuP1I

Last edited:

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

My battery life was like this.
iixZuP1I

It's funny, because I either find reports of great battery life and slower speeds, or faster speeds and worse battery life.
I'm kind of scared to try it out myself, but I also kind of want to revisit stock for a few minutes, just to stroll down memory lane again...
Ahhh

Attachments

• notbad.png
    notbad.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Haha, that photo! :p

My screenshot, is it showing for you? I use to go about a day on one Charge.

For me, Tapatalk wont show my screenshot (piece of crap) :(

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Haha, that photo! :p

My screenshot, is it showing for you? I use to go about a day on one Charge.

For me, Tapatalk wont show my screenshot (piece of crap) :(

Lol, it didn't show for me on Android Central Forums app, nor on my laptop, but on the laptop I right clicked it and clicked "open image in new tab" and the screenshot was opened up fine in the new tab.
I included the meme because your battery life on ZV9 is better than what I get on ZV5!

happyroot

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Great ROM thanks a lot. Is there an easy way to change the boot logo (not boot animation)?

Last edited:

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Best thing for battery life that I've found is toggling mobile data on and off when I need it. I'd say it nearly doubles my battery life.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Battery life is pretty good for me over here.
Clocked to 748-122 Interactive.
Everything's perfect, but reboots while in Facebook Messenger remain.
Also (I'm pretty sure this is a GO Launcher problem, but...), when I make a folder on my homescreen with all of my music apps, I change their icons and once I exit out of the folder the last app that I changed the icon of duplicates, replacing all other apps, until it is the only app in the folder. It's pretty annoying because I have lots of music related apps.
But, like I said, this isn't MiRaGe's fault, I don't believe, because I'm running GO Launcher EX.
Thanks.

dfunk44

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
notifications awol

Can anyone offer any advice how to get my notifications working? Gmail comes through, but not anything else like Sportacular or Words. I'm on the 0930 build.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone offer any advice how to get my notifications working? Gmail comes through, but not anything else like Sportacular or Words. I'm on the 0930 build.

Try re-flashing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084