06-04-2016 01:00 AM
1,697 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    Is the latest mirage kernel available anywhere or just in the rom. I have a feeling I'm just overlooking it...

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running CyanMobile X on LS670ZVJ firmware
    04-07-2013 06:00 PM
    Is the latest mirage kernel available anywhere or just in the rom. I have a feeling I'm just overlooking it...

Its under the optimus s conversation

I love this show
    04-07-2013 06:59 PM
    Its under the optimus s conversation

I love this show
    I knew it.... Lol thanks

04-07-2013 07:47 PM
    mrg666,

In creating and maintaining the MiRaGe ROM, you have given an incredible gift to Optimus V users like me. I can't believe what you've accomplished, riding on the shoulders of the CyanogenMod team.

My wife & I chose the Optimus V two years ago. It was the only Android phone we could afford, and when we came across its shortcomings I reminded myself we were fortunate to even have smart phones. Still, the short battery life, slow data speeds, draggy camera performance and other flaws were disappointing. A short while later I rooted the phones & we were amazed at how much better life was using the Harmonia ROM version 1 first, then version 2. Over time I added JuiceDefender and other apps to make up for the remaining flaws.

Recently I noted that LeslieAnn had based the latest version of Harmonia on MiRaGe, so I decided to go to the source and give MiRaGe a try. I couldn't believe the improvement. At 122/806 MHz my phone runs cooler & the battery lasts long enough that I could chuck JuiceDefender, which made all my data-enabled apps more responsive. The Music app in MiRaGe recognizes new mp3s when I add them, so I chucked another 3rd party app. And whatever you've done to the microSD I/O has sped up my boot times & card access in ways I didn't think possible.

These benefits alone would have secured me as a MiRaGe user. Then, this weekend I fired up the Camera app for the first time, expecting it to take 10 seconds or so to load. When it came up a few seconds later I was astonished, and when I saw how short the focus delay had become, I raved about it to my wife. I've been disappointed with apps that purported to improve capture times, and had concluded that the Optimus V just didn't have the right hardware. I'm so happy to have been proven wrong.

Both our phones now run MiRaGe. I appreciate LeslieAnn's work & support of Harmonia, and mean no disrespect in any way. It's a great ROM and will remain the top choice for many people. But I wanted you to know just how much your work on MiRaGe means to me, and to say "thank you." It's amazing to think that I have a 2 year-old phone that feels almost new, and I appreciate you & all you've done to pull all the best tweaks into MiRaGe. Thanks.
    mrg666 likes this.
    04-09-2013 11:17 PM
    Following "How To" guides and other threads in these forums I have successfully rooted and moded my Optimus V with Zen Recovery & MiRaGe ROM this very night. I'm beginning to wish I had done it sooner after seeing how much cooler and better functioning it is now. I salute all those who put in all the effort and suffered all the setbacks to make this such an easy and painless experience for those like me who come a little late to the party. Now I have a "new" phone to play with and it didn't cost a cent.
    mrg666 likes this.
    04-10-2013 02:55 AM
    If you want the phone to be even a bit more snappier I suggest an ad blocker too since ads use data and cpu cycles...maybe not a lot, but every little bit helps. I'm personally a fan of AdAway. Google has removed all ad-blockers from Play, but you can sideload AdAway or use F-Droid client to get it from here https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.adaway
    scotti1111 and silvialover like this.
    04-10-2013 04:05 AM
    Scotti, thanks for the comments. I am glad that MiRaGe could be useful for you. Enjoy!

Do the following once every week if you want to keep your phone as fast as the first day. And always uninstall all apps that you don't really need/use.
    link2sd > menu > more > clear all app caches
    link2sd > menu > more > clean up the dalvik cache
    04-10-2013 09:40 AM
    Thanks, mrg666, for the advice on cache cleaning & deleting unused apps. I got fanatical & have Cache Cleaner NG deleting app caches every morning but I didn't think about clearing the Dalvik cache, too. And dumb as it sounds, I didn't think about unloading unused/rarely used apps until after installing MiRaGe, but I've gone after them now with a religious zeal.

Thanks, too, ski522 for the link to AdAway. I'll be sure to check it out.
    04-10-2013 02:35 PM
    This is an amazing fast rom with incredible battery life! was using ics rom from bobz but was tired of poor performance and lack of updates. you seem to be the only dev thats still taking care of us ov users. Thanks so much for your hard work. Going to install on my friends ov who experiences frequent reboots even on stock rom. I know not all ov are created equal but i feel that this incredible rom is his last hope for happiness.

Thanks again Mrg666 keep up the great work!
    mrg666 likes this.
    04-10-2013 05:18 PM
    After opening up a CLi in the "Development folder/android", then typing in the link to your kernel source code,I get this:
    Code:
    Cloning into 'android_kernel_thunderc'...
    WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-owmrCq/pkcs11: No such file or directory
    What do I need to do to resolve this?
    04-11-2013 03:37 PM
    It is related to installing Xubuntu. Solution is below
    ssh - Why do I get this warning from Gnome keyring in Xubuntu? - Ask Ubuntu
    04-11-2013 06:27 PM
    Your search foo is way better than mine.
    Thanks
    04-11-2013 07:55 PM
    I'm trying to follow a tutorial from XDA, but it is so full of holes.
    For example: Prepare your kernel source for compilation:

Code:
    make clean && make mrproperp
    *You must be within your kernel source directory when executing this command.
    I open up a terminal in the android_kernel_thunderc folder.
    I get errors like:
    Code:
    andrew@SONY-VAIO-PCV-V200G:~/Development/android/android_kernel_thunderc$ make clean && make mrproperp
    make: arm-eabi-gcc: Command not found
    /home/andrew/Development/android/android_kernel_thunderc/scripts/gcc-version.sh: line 25: arm-eabi-gcc: command not found
    /home/andrew/Development/android/android_kernel_thunderc/scripts/gcc-version.sh: line 26: arm-eabi-gcc: command not found
    make: arm-eabi-gcc: Command not found
      HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
      HOSTCC  scripts/basic/docproc
      HOSTCC  scripts/basic/hash
      HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
    scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function conf_sym:
    scripts/kconfig/conf.c:162:6: warning: variable type set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
    scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function conf_choice:
    scripts/kconfig/conf.c:234:6: warning: variable type set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
      HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/kxgettext.o
      SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
      SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/lex.zconf.c
      SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c
      HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
      HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf
    scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/arm/Kconfig
    *** You have not yet configured your kernel!
    *** (missing kernel config file ".config")
    *** Please run some configurator (e.g. "make oldconfig" or
    *** "make menuconfig" or "make xconfig").
    make[2]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 2
    make: *** No rule to make target `mrproperp'.  Stop.
    andrew@SONY-VAIO-PCV-V200G:~/Development/android/android_kernel_thunderc$
    Their steps seem to be in the wrong order. The next thing it say's:
    Pull config from device as a starting point:
    *Your default doncifg is located in your kernel source directory in /arch/arm/configs/yourdevice_defconfig
    Execute the command:

Code:
    make yourdevice_defconfig
    Is your search foo super strong today? I need a better tutorial, but I have no experience to figure that out.
    04-11-2013 09:45 PM
    For cross compiling the kernel for ARM architecture, you need to download an ARM toolchain. I use linaro toolchain

You can download with the following link
    https://launchpad.net/linaro-toolcha..._linux.tar.bz2

This tar package can be be expanded into a folder in your home directory.

The kernel configuration file is arch/arm/configs/vm670_config. You can copy this file as .config to the root directory of the kernel source.

After that, you will issue the following command to compile assuming you have expanded the toolchain in android/android-toolchain-eabi_46 in your home folder

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=~/android/android-toolchain-eabi_46/bin/arm-linux-gnueabi-

There are many detailed guides for building the Android kernel. One of them is the following
    [Tutorial] Building Your First Kernel - xda-developers
    AndyOpie150, java007 and glarepate like this.
    04-11-2013 10:40 PM
    You can also delete the apks you don't want before flashing the zip file. Just open the ROM zip file in 7zip delete the apks and close the zip file. Don't expand and rezip...
    So I have come to the conclusion that the post-"seeder-random entropy" builds cause significantly more battery drain than the earlier builds - almost double the previous drain over the course of a day. I have backed off to VM670-CM7.2-IHO-11102012_MiRaGe.zip, but I really liked the Holo launcher in the later builds. So I removed the ADW apk in the zip file, and replaced it with Holo. After I flashed I got a couple of errors on the first couple of reboots - asked me to select a launcher, either ADW or Holo a few times, kept trying to load ADW. I'm thinking this was due as much to Link2SD as anything. I can't find any evidence of ADW on the phone now. Does this seem like normal behavior? Was this the correct way to switch launchers and only have the one installed?

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the MiRaGe builds. They have really extended the useful life of my 2+ yr-old OV, and made it a whole lot more fun to use.
    badblue1__ likes this.
    04-14-2013 02:25 PM
    What kernel are you running, and has your battery life improved?
    04-14-2013 02:49 PM
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate the MiRaGe builds. They have really extended the useful life of my 2+ yr-old OV, and made it a whole lot more fun to use.
    Well, if you're still on the same battery, you may just have a battery starting to show it's age.
    04-14-2013 03:19 PM
    So I have come to the conclusion that the post-"seeder-random entropy" builds cause significantly more battery drain than the earlier builds - almost double the previous drain over the course of a day. I have backed off to VM670-CM7.2-IHO-11102012_MiRaGe.zip, but I really liked the Holo launcher in the later builds. So I removed the ADW apk in the zip file, and replaced it with Holo. After I flashed I got a couple of errors on the first couple of reboots - asked me to select a launcher, either ADW or Holo a few times, kept trying to load ADW. I'm thinking this was due as much to Link2SD as anything. I can't find any evidence of ADW on the phone now. Does this seem like normal behavior? Was this the correct way to switch launchers and only have the one installed?

Thanks for appreciation. I am glad MiRaGe has been useful for you. But battery life difference can't be correct. There is something else outside the ROM and kernel causing the difference for you.
    04-15-2013 10:20 AM
    There is a new build in the OP with the following changes
    - Synced with CM
    - Latest kernel included
    - Updated to latest CM bootanimation
    - Updated Holo launcher
    - Switched to Koush's Superuser

Enjoy!
    ZackVortex, acmurdah, tli and 8 others like this.
    04-15-2013 01:38 PM
    Sorry but I forget, if simply upgrading from the March build wipe only cache and dalvik and then flash ROM? Flashing Gapps not necessary correct?
    04-15-2013 07:28 PM
    Sorry but I forget, if simply upgrading from the March build wipe only cache and dalvik and then flash ROM? Flashing Gapps not necessary correct?
    Correct
    acmurdah, mrg666 and badblue1__ like this.
    04-15-2013 07:36 PM
    Correct, gapps not needed for upgrading from March by just wiping cache/dalvik-cache.
    acmurdah likes this.
    04-15-2013 07:36 PM
    Also to mention a re-link using link2sd right?
    Apps/ library files mount scripts?
    acmurdah likes this.
    04-15-2013 07:53 PM
    Yes, after first boot, open link2sd and recreate the mount script. After that reboot, open link2sd again to relink dalvik-cache and libraries.
    acmurdah likes this.
    04-15-2013 08:10 PM
    Can I run crossbreeder with this?

How to I activate link2sd thats included?
    04-16-2013 03:02 PM
1,697 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD