[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

skealoha86

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

mrg666, I didn't catch that you were the one replying above! Checked and replied to the comment right before jumping on the bus without catching the author... I could have left out the snark :-X

I'll test the new kernel without the app and reply back with my results... It may be good for someone to try your new kernel who hasn't used Seeder yet to see if they see a performance increase - don't know if I can trust my own perception.

Thanks for the great ROM :)

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

I have actually been using it on harmonia, mandylion and mirage and personally I've seen zero change whatsoever. About to do a reflash and leave it out

atomicwrinkles

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

which recovery was used in the process of flashing the rom? I used one and now I am stuck at booting the new android symbol/ cyanogenmod boot.

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

which recovery was used in the process of flashing the rom? I used one and now I am stuck at booting the new android symbol/ cyanogenmod boot.

Which recovery are you using?

Xionia cwma 12518.6 or Cannibal Open Touch 1.2 work well with the OV (COT 2.0 didn't work with my OV).

Make sure you do a full wipe before flashing the rom. And if your flashing one of the patches - flash the rom first, boot into the phone, then reboot into recovery and flash the patch (and gapps if you didn't flash it before). If you don't do this then this is what can cause the rom to hang on the loading screen.

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

I do it all before a flash, cache/dalvik then system then prepare for new install then flash the rom as far as this tweak I've tried it at time of initial flash as well as later by rebooting into recovery, wiping cache / dalvik then flashing tweak then reboot

As far as what I flash that depends on the rom

atomicwrinkles

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

Okay. So, I have the phone booted and the ROM installed. Now, I went to the link with GAPPS, but how do I download it? I don't see anything about downloading GAPPS when I click the link. I made an account on the cyanogenmod wiki and everything. Sorry guys, I'm a noob at this.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

CM website has been changed apparently and the GAPPS link was not working in the OP. I have redirected the link to the following.
Google Apps - RootzWiki

You can download the GAPPS for Android 2.3.7 (CM 7.2) from there.

On the kernel side, the entropy patch seems to be working fine. The new kernel has eliminated the entropy depletion and I don't see any extra battery use. I will not say that phone works better but it is certainly not worse. ;) I will post this kernel in the OP after a little more testing in a couple of days. Please post your experience if you use it.

skealoha86

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, after using the new kernel for about a day, I'm not seeing much of a difference compared to previous kernel with the Seeder app, so I can say confidently that the new kernel is not worse than the old... as for a performance increase... I feel like Neo trying to see the spoon bend. :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Now that the entropy problem is resolved, I would just delete the related additional apps/binaries and stop worrying about the entropy.

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

It's probably my internet but the new download gets to 99 percent and fails every time, also the new version is iho still or does it use the new cm source?

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

It's probably my internet but the new download gets to 99 percent and fails every time, also the new version is iho still or does it use the new cm source?

Don't think mrg666 uses the IHO frameworks_base which is not from CM source, but has for a long time used the CM frameworks_base.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

IHO is CM. Everything in CM is included in IHO and MiRaGe. I just completed the download, it is probably your connection problem.

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Don't think mrg666 uses the IHO frameworks_base which is not from CM source, but has for a long time used the CM frameworks_base.
That is not correct. IHO frameworks is from CM source. There are only a few changes required for OV. I merge changes directly from CM repo since IHO repo is not updated anymore. But I still carry the IHO label as a tribute to Blarf.

I would appreciate if you can let me answer the questions directed to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay