06-04-2016 01:00 AM
1,697 ... 5354555657 ...
tools
    Used my phone just last week for over an hour as a wi-fi hotspot and never saw that problem.
    Are you running this tweak http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...rendering.html I think this is what Andy's referring to.

I just did it to my phone, seems to be running much smoother, i definitely notice a lot less lag especially the keyboard. But i haven't used it as a wifi hotspot.
    05-30-2013 09:27 AM
    Isn't this tweak already incorporated into MiRaGe? According to the OP:

...[*] default to hardware EGL libraries (adreno200) instead of using generic android EGL libraries (thanks to leolawliet)
    05-30-2013 09:54 AM
    ... I use WiFi Hotspot for internet service. After 15 minutes the phone auto rebooted, then after making it past the splash screen, never makes it to the boot animation. Blank screen all day long.
    I had to install the previous version.
    The OV most likely overheated and corrupted its system files as the result. Thus, a re-install cleared the issue.
    05-30-2013 10:00 AM
    Isn't this tweak already incorporated into MiRaGe? According to the OP:
    I thought it was in there to but after flashing the VM670.egl patch.zip i went to system lib file and the line libLEGS_android _so file was not there, indicating that the patch installed leaving 1 less lib file.

There is also the build.prop tweak, which i haven't attempted yet.

Look on page 8 of Leo's guide, bjzapp has a screenshot of what it looks like after flashing the patch.

I just looked at my build. prop and that tweak is not built into this rom.
    05-30-2013 10:31 AM
    Do you use Link2SD?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Is that question in reference to my post? I do use Link2SD.
    05-30-2013 11:41 AM
    I thought it was in there to but after flashing the VM670.egl patch.zip i went to system lib file and the line libLEGS_android _so file was not there, indicating that the patch installed leaving 1 less lib file.

Look on page 8 of Leo's guide, bjzapp has a screenshot of what it looks like after flashing the patch.

My files in /system/lib/egl match the bjzapp screenshot without ever installing the VM670.egl patch--just the MiRaGe ROM as-is. Also, re-read the next post by vector84an, it provides more relevant info than the screenshot. It seems to me that the functionality of using-hardware-graphics-rendering is already built-in to MiRaGe.
    badblue1__ likes this.
    05-30-2013 01:19 PM
    My files in /system/lib/egl match the bjzapp screenshot without ever installing the VM670.egl patch--just the MiRaGe ROM as-is. Also, re-read the next post by vector84an, it provides more relevant info than the screenshot. It seems to me that the functionality of using-hardware-graphics-rendering is already built-in to MiRaGe.
    Yes it is built in, no need to use egl patch with the current builds

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    badblue1__ and tli like this.
    05-30-2013 01:38 PM
    Yes it is built in, no need to use egl patch with the current builds

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Well, can't get any better than that, so i flashed the patch for nothing!

What about the build.prop tweak? Is it worth editing the build.prop files?

Thanks Mrg666 and tli for clearing this up.

Bjzapp's post made me think he just flashed the patch, at least that's the way i took it. I should have checked the system /lib /files first.

Oh well i just keep learning.
    05-30-2013 02:10 PM
    The OV most likely overheated and corrupted its system files as the result. Thus, a re-install cleared the issue.
    Never happens with the previous build which I'm now using. I can go hours, with the phone at 112F at the hottest and never reboot, or corrupt the files. I'll double check and make sure my spare OEM battery isn't getting hotter (runs a shade hotter than one that came with phone), thus causing the problem.

05-30-2013 09:07 PM
    mrg666, just a quick note to say thanks for this ROM, and a question : is it possible for the user to change the "Kawasaki puke green" color of the battery, wifi, and phone signal indicators? I have poked around in the menus, but haven't found anything that seems to control this.
    05-31-2013 11:07 PM
    mrg666, just a quick note to say thanks for this ROM, and a question : is it possible for the user to change the "Kawasaki puke green" color of the battery, wifi, and phone signal indicators? I have poked around in the menus, but haven't found anything that seems to control this.
    In the google play store look for CM7 MDPI themes. After you install one go in to Theme Chooser and select the theme you downloaded from the play store. After that you will need to reboot the phone so it can fully theme what its supposed to theme(also do not put the theme on the sdcard)

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    drew_t likes this.
    05-31-2013 11:21 PM
    Read this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post11760329
    Also: Go to PlayStore. Search Theme chooser themes. Look for those by Upward Spiral
    I have the Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, Red, and Minimal.
    I also have the ones in those colors for Lancher Pro widgets.
    I Also downloaded all those from the thread linked to in the first thread.
    I downloaded the Zip Themer App as well.
    Together all these things make for the most complete, all out, super deep theme available.
    I get tired of a color I just install a different color from the theme chooser app, install a different Lanched Pro widget color, then make the rest of the theme with the Zip Themer app. Flash the undo zip, then flash the new color.
    Sounds complicated, but is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
    Interested: I can walk you through everything.
    Just PM me so this thread doesn't get derailed.

drew_t likes this.
    06-01-2013 04:34 AM
    Thanks for the Rom! I've Flashed two Optimus V to Page Plus using your ROM. One had been activated on Virgin and one was new from Walmart.com. I've posted a zip file with notes and all the files needed for doing this except for the M670-CM7.2-IHO-04152013_MiRaGe.zip file that's on the first post (The driver is for Windows XP). You can get it here:

MyDrive - Ihr Schweizer Online-Speicher
    user name: fatdog@to.scared.to.say
    password: fatdog
    06-15-2013 07:53 PM
    just a comment...
    now that I've gotten more serious about tweaking at kernel code, I have to say that the list of mods on this kernel are pretty impressive.

I already knew this was nice work, and the most stable ROM around for the OV in my opinion...
    Long ago I put Mirage on my wife's phone since she's not really up on tweaking, just using, her phone. Makes it easy for her since it doesn't crash or require poking at it to get data working. Everything just works, smoothly.
    Just wanted to say thanks again for this ROM! One of these days I'll even update hers to the current version, as it's still on some 2012 build or another. Haven't bothered yet since she never has trouble with it and isn't really interested in upgrades.
    Lovely work.
    06-17-2013 03:34 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks again for this ROM! One of these days I'll even update hers to the current version, as it's still on some 2012 build or another. Haven't bothered yet since she never has trouble with it and isn't really interested in upgrades.
    Lovely work.
    And that reminds me of the phrase "if it works don't fix it!" !
    06-17-2013 05:14 PM
    That "puke-green" color is the standard gingerbread color. Samsung phone users still look at the same color even when using their $600 Galaxy S4 with Andoird 4.2 You can change the color by using your favorite theme. If you want standard ICS blue color, you can use acheps's theme linked in the OP.

just a comment...
    now that I've gotten more serious about tweaking at kernel code, I have to say that the list of mods on this kernel are pretty impressive.

I already knew this was nice work, and the most stable ROM around for the OV in my opinion...
    Long ago I put Mirage on my wife's phone since she's not really up on tweaking, just using, her phone. Makes it easy for her since it doesn't crash or require poking at it to get data working. Everything just works, smoothly.
    Lovely work.
    Thanks, bigsupersquid! Nice to see you back. I have very much enjoyed working on the thunderc kernel. Feel free to fork and modify it as you wish. It is there for that purpose. Did you see EVO-V MiRaGe kernel? I am pretty much done with it. A Reverb kernel is next.
    bigsupersquid and drew_t like this.
    06-17-2013 05:54 PM
    Hi guys ... quick question, a member over at AF brought this up, is there anyway to get rid of the green android guy before the bootanimation?

I asked this question when running backside rom and the answer i got was that it was more trouble to remove it than it was worth.

Any thoughts, thanks.
    06-28-2013 11:31 AM
    Hi guys ... quick question, a member over at AF brought this up, is there anyway to get rid of the green android guy before the bootanimation?

I asked this question when running backside rom and the answer i got was that it was more trouble to remove it than it was worth.

Any thoughts, thanks.
    Wow, I'm the member that asked lol

Sent from my LG-P769 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-28-2013 12:15 PM
    LOL...why do you need to boot up so much and why is Android guy a problem? If I restart my phone even once a week, that's a lot.
    06-28-2013 12:28 PM
    Its not really a problem, we where just curious...

06-28-2013 12:36 PM
    Wow, I'm the member that asked lol

Small world, maybe we'll get an answer?

@Ski ...don't bootup much, but rather not see green guy when i do, but its no big deal i lived with it on backside.
    06-28-2013 12:45 PM
    Here's some old posts by bigsupersquid on the various boot screens on the V:
    [Q] Removing Boot Logo/Slash Screen - xda-developers

Is that splash2? If so, it's on the boot.img
    badblue1__ likes this.
    06-28-2013 03:58 PM
    you have to delete initlogo.rle from the ramdisk in the boot.img
    so first split the image, then unpack the ramdisk.gz, delete the .rle, repack the ramdisk, and recombine the .img file.
    badblue1__ likes this.
    06-28-2013 05:22 PM
    you have to delete initlogo.rle from the ramdisk in the boot.img
    so first split the image, then unpack the ramdisk.gz, delete the .rle, repack the ramdisk, and recombine the .img file.
    Or could we just use the boot.img from the cm7 rom that has the splash screen we like?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-28-2013 06:47 PM
    boot.img contains a lot more than just the splash screen... results would be unpredictable at best...

... it might work if the donor rom was similar enough... but would probably just cause a bootloop
    (and I think it could potentially do far worse things, like... irreparable bricking?)

wouldn't recommend that...
    06-28-2013 09:07 PM
1,697 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD