06-04-2016 01:00 AM
1,697 ... 5859606162 ...
tools
    Battery life of 16-hours with BT-enabled seemed fairly typical to me... I didn't realize there is an issue?
    Keep in mind that this is 16 hours while the phone is supposed to be in standby. No usage other than occasional normal background tasks! As I mentioned in my earlier post I rarely use this phone.. I only use it when exercising. So it normally just sits there. With the stock ROM it would go for 4-5 days between recharges but now its dead in 16 hours. Definitely some issue with the BT driver.

It appears there is a fix for it (I saw the patch posted on github somewhere). If someone is still working on this ROM it would be awesome if that fix could be incorporated.
    08-19-2013 10:31 AM
    Wow MRG. You have my Optimus V back up and running, again.

It's been unflashed for months and I've decided to get it up and running again. :P

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    08-19-2013 10:57 AM
    Does anyone have the lg device driver....my laptop ain't recognizing my ov ..thnx in advance and sorry for getting off subject

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-19-2013 05:17 PM
    Keep in mind that this is 16 hours while the phone is supposed to be in standby. No usage other than occasional normal background tasks! As I mentioned in my earlier post I rarely use this phone.. I only use it when exercising. So it normally just sits there. With the stock ROM it would go for 4-5 days between recharges but now its dead in 16 hours. Definitely some issue with the BT driver.

It appears there is a fix for it (I saw the patch posted on github somewhere). If someone is still working on this ROM it would be awesome if that fix could be incorporated.
    I'm seeing this problem as well. With Bluetooth enabled, my battery is constantly warm to the touch, and drains within 6-8 hours.

I don't know if it's related, but I started seeing this after the upgrade to the 07132013 ROM. Is anyone experiencing this problem using a previous ROM?

For now, I manually turn off Bluetooth when I'm not in my car and won't be using it.
    08-19-2013 05:58 PM
    08-19-2013 07:10 PM
    Hey guys, after installing this ROM I'm having a hell of a time with the Google Play store. 90% of the apps I try to install or update give me the "invalid package file" error. I don't have this problem on my other Android devices so I don't think it's related to the recent issue that Google had with the Play store.

Any thoughts? What might be causing this?
    08-21-2013 12:51 PM
    Try this, reboot into recovery, and wipe your cache partition. Reboot and try again.

Also, are you using an ext partition with Link2SD or a mounting script?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-21-2013 02:05 PM
    I'll give that a shot...

I am not using Link2SD or ext partition or anything like that. I only install a few apps on this phone and they go right to internal memory.
    08-21-2013 11:21 PM
    I'll give that a shot...

I am not using Link2SD or ext partition or anything like that. I only install a few apps on this phone and they go right to internal memory.
    To solve your problem you could try Link2SD. For more info go here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-a...d-version.html
    Ever since I started using Link2SD I have never had a low space warning or problems downloading apps from the market. I have 93 apps installed and still have 116.51MB of free space left on the internal storage.
    08-23-2013 09:50 AM
    To solve your problem you could try Link2SD.Ffor more info go here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-a...d-version.html
    Ever since I started using Link2SD I have never had a low space warning or problems downloading apps from the market. I have 93 apps installed and still have 116.51MB of free space left on the internal storage.
    I have gotten an error 498 while using Link2SD before, although it was while trying to install a 40+ MB game. It was definitely reproducible, even after clearing the cache partition.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-23-2013 12:15 PM
    Try this, reboot into recovery, and wipe your cache partition. Reboot and try again.
    This worked! Thanks! I was able to install and update the apps that gave me problems before.

- - - Updated - - -

To solve your problem you could try Link2SD.
    My problem is not a lack of internal storage. I hardly have any apps on this phone and still have ~120MB free. The problem was that most apps just refused to install or update (package file invalid error). Wiping the cache per the above suggestion fixed it.
    08-23-2013 06:32 PM
    Ugh, maybe I spoke too soon. Getting "package file invalid" again.
    08-24-2013 11:06 AM
    Just curious ... what version of the playstore are you on?
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    08-24-2013 11:38 AM
    Try clearing the cache partition again.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-24-2013 12:11 PM
    Start with a clean ROM and Gapps install, then follow the instructions for Link2SD.
    You can do it know and save yourself a lot of trouble.
    It's the only way to totally get away from low space and invalid package errors.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-24-2013 05:58 PM
    I'll give that a shot...

This phone just doesn't have enough internal memory to run well with this version of android - forget about the apps, I'm talking about cyanogenmod itself. You can have space in the phone's memory, but not on the partition it needs. If you follow mirage's instructions in the first few posts of this thread, it will fix your memory and cache problems. Many of us have been down this road and have found that link2sd is the best solution for this phone. Memory cards are cheap. I partition mine to be half fat and half ext - no more space problems. Set cyanogenmod to install everything to the phone by default and link2sd will automatically move everything that can be moved to the sdcard. Link2sd should be one of the first things you install after flashing the rom.
    08-27-2013 03:19 PM
    Link2sd should be one of the first things you install after flashing the rom.
    Should be the very first!
    08-27-2013 04:40 PM
    I understand you guys that have a lot of apps using links2sd, but i'm not one to use or need many apps. I have 32 apps, 5 are on internal, the rest are on sd card and i have 145 mb of internal space left. For as long as i've owned this phone (well over 2 years) i have never gotten a low storage space warning ever. I just always delete cache files and watch out for tombstone files, i've never even came close to going under 100mb of internal space.

But i totally agree, if your running a lot of apps, then yes run links2sd, i just never had to and my phone runs fantastic.
    08-27-2013 05:48 PM
    Link2SD can be used by anyone. When it is setup properly all your apps will open up within a blink of an eye. No more serious lag when trying to open them.

08-27-2013 09:40 PM
    Link2SD can be used by anyone. When it is setup properly all your apps will open up within a blink of an eye. No more serious lag when trying to open them.

I know what your saying Andy, but i've never had a problem with lag at all, my phone runs super smooth and fast with this rom and a quick shot of fastboot every now and then!

The only real problem i have, is slow 3g when i'm at home (no wifi) but 3g is pretty fast any where else around town.
    08-28-2013 06:04 AM
    Try using "Antennas" while on 3G. You will need to turn on GPS as well (make sure "internal source" is selected from settings menu on phone). This will show you the location of the nearest tower.
    Also your signal is dependant on how many are using the bandwidith.
    I moved just a couple of miles and my 3G improved because most people around me, near the closest tower, were to old to have smart phones (lots of 55+ mobile home parks all around me).

badblue1__ likes this.
    08-28-2013 11:04 AM
    Try using "Antennas" while on 3G. You will need to turn on GPS as well (make sure "internal source" is selected from settings menu on phone). This will show you the location of the nearest tower.
    Also your signal is dependant on how many are using the bandwidith.
    I moved just a couple of miles and my 3G improved because most people around me, near the closest tower, were to old to have smart phones (lots of 55+ mobile home parks all around me).

And when all said and done will still tell you that you have slow 3G !
    badblue1__ likes this.
    08-28-2013 11:13 AM
    How do I delete tombstones? I have around 80 apps and am down to 24mb with link2sd. Any suggestions for what I might be doing wrong?

08-28-2013 01:02 PM
    How do I delete tombstones? I have around 80 apps and am down to 24mb with link2sd. Any suggestions for what I might be doing wrong?

The tombstone files are found at : data /tombstone files.
    I delete them with root browser, just longpress on tombstones and delete.

I'm sure it will work with any root file manager that you have.

See my thread on tombstones, also check your galleries thumbnail cache it can become quite large.
    08-28-2013 05:11 PM
    I use SD Maid Pro for all my cleaning (tombstones and thumbnails included).

08-29-2013 09:41 AM
1,697 ... 5859606162 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD