06-04-2016 02:00 AM
1,697 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Battery- awesome, interactive gov 122-min, 825-max

sent from my icy cold optimus using inverted T.T.2
    mrg666 likes this.
    06-17-2012 10:03 AM
    Battery- awesome, interactive gov 122-min, 825-maxClick to view quoted image

Is that with the latest build and the latest kernel?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-17-2012 10:15 AM
    Battery- awesome, interactive gov 122-min, 825-max
    Thanks. I have also added a screenshot in the third post for reference.
    06-17-2012 10:48 AM
    Can I have a link to ur kernel

Sent from futuristic optimus s
    06-17-2012 10:58 AM
    Is that with the latest build and the latest kernel?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Yes

06-17-2012 11:03 AM
    Great job on the kernel mrg666, plus you are right about the governors. I made some simple changes to the Conservative Governor, that seems more fitting for what the Governor does.
    Conservative yielded 1.5% per-hour (screen off) with TWS at 54% (the singal in my house is crappy), why Interactive yielded a little under 2%.
    06-17-2012 11:06 AM
    Great job on the kernel mrg666, plus you are right about the governors. I made some simple changes to the Conservative Governor, that seems more fitting for what the Governor does.
    Conservative yielded 1.5% per-hour (screen off) with TWS at 54% (the singal in my house is crappy), why Interactive yielded a little under 2%.
    Please see the third post. Interactive governor also gives 1.5%. 54% TWS is a very unreliable testing condition for battery life. I wouldn't recommend the conservative governor for MiRaGe.

Can I have a link to ur kernel

Sent from futuristic optimus s
    https://github.com/mrg666/android_ke...derc/downloads
    06-17-2012 11:31 AM
    Please see the third post. Interactive governor also gives 1.5%. 54% TWS is a very unreliable testing condition for battery life. I wouldn't recommend the conservative governor for MiRaGe.
    True, and it was more of over night thing,
    06-17-2012 11:51 AM
    @mrg666--- ive been running the 0614 kernel since you posted it... oc'd 480/710/interactive... nothing to report except solid performance... :-)
    mrg666 likes this.
    06-17-2012 01:34 PM
    @mrg666--- ive been running the 0614 kernel since you posted it... oc'd 480/710/interactive... nothing to report except solid performance... :-)
    It'll run min480 max 864 interactive with no problem but it will drain the battery. If you dont mind hooking up your charger every 3 to 4 hours this thing is bad a
    06-17-2012 03:06 PM
    Can you please also test with 122 minimum and post your feedback? I would appreciate your help.
    06-17-2012 03:40 PM
    Can you please also test with 122 minimum and post your feedback? I would appreciate your help.
    can do... just made the adjustment... ill keep you informed... :-)
    mrg666 likes this.
    06-17-2012 06:56 PM
    @mrg: haven't forgotten you with those test results re Interactive vs SmartassV2, hopefully I'll be done tomorrow. It's not all black & white, though, that much is already clear.
    mrg666 likes this.
    06-17-2012 07:02 PM
    @mrg: haven't forgotten you with those test results re Interactive vs SmartassV2, hopefully I'll be done tomorrow. It's not all black & white, though, that much is already clear.
    Thanks. I didn't claim black and white contrast. But the derivatives are not worth the baggage if they are not clearly better. Plus, they are based on the old code. Please test interactive with 480 minimum as you use with smartass. I bet there will be no advantage of smartass over the current interactive in that testing. I have left the previous kernel build with smartass included in my github repo in case it is needed.
    Dannemand likes this.
    06-17-2012 07:20 PM
    Thanks. I didn't claim black and white contrast. But the derivatives are not worth the baggage if they are not clearly better. Plus, they are based on the old code. Please test interactive with 480 minimum as you use with smartass. I bet there will be no advantage of smartass over the current interactive in that testing. I have left the previous kernel build with smartass included in my github repo in case it is needed.
    Ahem... I meant it's not gonna be only points in interactive's favor I'm afraid... SmartassV2 does have some clever scheduling for maximizing battery efficiency. But interactive is clearly the most responsive, no doubt about that. I'm getting ahead of myself, still collecting numbers. Thank you for your patience

Oh, and I test both with several Min and Max settings. For performance as well as battery life.
    06-17-2012 09:41 PM
    I went all day with minimum 480 Max 787, im using 122 tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. The next 2 days I don't work. I will have similar useage both days I'm sure. Is there any other settings you would like me to try?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    mrg666 likes this.
    06-17-2012 11:51 PM
    I flashed my phone and my girlfriend's with this ROM. Her phone constantly force reboots when loading something. I have not had a single problem with it. The only difference is our SD cards (mine is 8GB, hers is 2GB) Could this be the cause of it?
    06-18-2012 12:24 AM
    Sorry it took so long for a reply.

I've been unpacking and battling with Time Warner (cableCARD issues :rolleyes: )

I've tested the accelerometer and it seems quite responsive initially, maybe better than before. However, when I run the same cycle that made the accelerometer sluggish before I get same results as before. Sluggishness.

I long press home and switch between My Paper Airplane and Google Sky. They run great at first but slow down gradually after every switch. Magnometer in Google Sky slows down in tandem with the accelerometer.

Force closing the apps and reopening them is ineffective, but warm booting via link2sd clears it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-18-2012 12:32 AM
    I went all day with minimum 480 Max 787, im using 122 tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. The next 2 days I don't work. I will have similar useage both days I'm sure. Is there any other settings you would like me to try?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Just a comparison of 480 vs 122 minimum would be good based on your use.

Sorry it took so long for a reply.

I've been unpacking and battling with Time Warner (cableCARD issues :rolleyes: )

I've tested the accelerometer and it seems quite responsive initially, maybe better than before. However, when I run the same cycle that made the accelerometer sluggish before I get same results as before. Sluggishness.

I long press home and switch between My Paper Airplane and Google Sky. They run great at first but slow down gradually after every switch. Magnometer in Google Sky slows down in tandem with the accelerometer.

Force closing the apps and reopening them is ineffective, but warm booting via link2sd clears it.

That is disappointing. I have used Google Sky Maps before and after accelerometer updates. There is a significant improvement in the responsiveness of the accelerometer. I have not tried My Paper Airplane app. I will test with that app as well.
    06-18-2012 01:11 AM
    That is disappointing. I have used Google Sky Maps before and after accelerometer updates. There is a significant improvement in the responsiveness of the accelerometer. I have not tried My Paper Airplane app. I will test with that app as well.
    It does seem there is an improvement initially but given enough uptime it will slow down. Switching between Paper Airplane and Google Sky accelerates reaching that point.

Edit: But that ain't keeping me from loving this rom.

mrg666 likes this.
    06-18-2012 02:22 AM
    It does seem there is an improvement initially but given enough uptime it will slow down. Switching between Paper Airplane and Google Sky accelerates reaching that point.

Edit: But that ain't keeping me from loving this rom.

I don't see the slow down with Google Sky Maps alone. Another game I tested, Racing Moto, is fine too. I can only play that much game I am moving on with this for now.
    Schlidel likes this.
    06-18-2012 11:19 AM
    Great ROM specially with the latest kernel. Last friday I got into a car accident, so while they fix my car I have a ford edge which have bluetooth and I discovered an issue with this ROM. I can sync with the edge bluetooth but if I tried to listen to music on my phone it is mute with this ROM. I installed CAI and there was no problem with CAI. All the other functions work correctly. The latest kernel does save battery with the suggested settings by mrg.
    06-18-2012 11:39 AM
    I play Pandora while my screen is off. What should I use a a min? I have been using 320 MHz with my max 768 MHz.
    06-18-2012 12:13 PM
    I play Pandora while my screen is off. What should I use a a min? I have been using 320 MHz with my max 768 MHz.
    I would suggest EITHER interactive/122 OR SmartassV2/480. Either of those two should give you good Pandora performance and decent battery. If Pandora skips at 122, try and raise Min to 245. It may help, depending on your connection.
    06-18-2012 01:07 PM
    Great ROM specially with the latest kernel. Last friday I got into a car accident, so while they fix my car I have a ford edge which have bluetooth and I discovered an issue with this ROM. I can sync with the edge bluetooth but if I tried to listen to music on my phone it is mute with this ROM. I installed CAI and there was no problem with CAI. All the other functions work correctly. The latest kernel does save battery with the suggested settings by mrg.
    Maybe this is going to sound stupid, but did you check your volume? I was in a Ford rental with an older version of CM7 and noticed when I connected, the media volume on my phone was turned all the way down.
    06-18-2012 01:28 PM
1,697 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD